Thread: GOP won't support health bill without public option anyway, whole thing waste of time

Lightbulb GOP won't support health bill without public option anyway, whole thing waste of time

An odd thing happened on the way to health care reform. Somehow, the House became irrelevant, as did all the other committees of jurisdiction in the Senate. The only person who mattered, for some inexplicable reason, was Democratic Senator Max Baucus, who, along with his former staff, had been bought off by the insurance industry long ago. It was an odd choice for the Obama administration, that promised to get rid of the lobbyist influence in lawmaking.

In any case, somehow Baucus' plan became the only plan that mattered. And just as strange, Baucus was permitted to pick 5 other Senators, Dem and Republican, who would magically come up with a "bipartisan" plan that was supposed to represent all of our votes. Baucus, rather than coming up with a true bipartisan plan, let it be known that his goal was to come up with a plan that met the Republicans' goals, rather than the Democrats on his own committee - Democrats who weren't invited to be part of the magical group of six, even though they represented the President's own plan as detailed during his campaign, and only two months ago as well.

And today, we learn that Baucus GOP health care plan doesn't even have a single Republican sponsor. That means Baucus failed, and it's time to go back to the original plan.

A reader just wrote in the comments to my earlier post:

How has it been possible that a single senator from a small state (Max Baucus) has single-handedly run this legislation into the ground? How has it been possible that this senator, who was elected by a miniscule percentage of the US population, managed to defy the will of the people and give the Republicans - elected to a 40% minority in the Senate - a 50% voice in this powerful committee?

50%? He handed them the bill.

So, to review, for some reason no one can explain, we've (they've) put all of our (their) faith in Max Baucus, who has chucked President Obama's promises to have a single payer plan, and then the fallback, a public option, and instead included lots of Republican proposals in order to woo Republican votes, but now there are no Republican votes. So why isn't Baucus' plan now moot, since it was only intended to woo Republicans? If Democrats are going to go it alone, then why not go with a Democratic plan? And here's a crazy idea, why not go with the plan the President promised when he was running for President?

It's hard to argue with the plan that got the man elected? Per se the public voted for it.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth: If the Baucus plan has no Republicans on board, then there goes the justification for making the plan so GOP- and "Big Pharma"- friendly
    Give me a fucking break! Obama tries to play nice, hands the GOP everything and they still won't support it.

LEARN YOUR FUCKING LESSON YOU INCOMPETENT SHITSLICE
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The only person who mattered, for some inexplicable reason, was Democratic Senator Max Baucus, who, along with his former staff, had been bought off by the insurance industry long ago. It was an odd choice for the Obama administration, that promised to get rid of the lobbyist influence in lawmaking.
    The most telling statement in the whole piece.

And here's a crazy idea, why not go with the plan the President promised when he was running for President?
    Because he's more concerned with the money he'll get from the insurance industry than actually reforming our broken system.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

**hanging my head in shame at my state's senator for selling out the American public to the insurance companies and kowtowing to a non-existent opponent**

So if I understand this, every American must purchase health insurance or face a fine and the insurance companies are precluded from charging more to people with pre-existing medical conditions. Yippee for me, no pre-existing conditions, so my premiums ought to double or triple. I really feel that my government is there for me.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information