Thread: Republican Senator Frist to introduce anti-gay bill in May

Angry Republican Senator Frist to introduce anti-gay bill in May

Frist promises vote on gay-bashing amendment
    by Joe in DC - 2/13/2006 02:55:00 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021001856.html

Almost missed this little revelation over the weekend. At CPAC, Bill Frist promised to bring the anti-gay marriage amendment up for a vote in the Senate. It is, after all, an election year and they have to feed the beast:

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) spoke after Mehlman, and he promised that on June 5 he will bring to the floor a constitutional amendment to bar same-sex marriage, and pledged a May vote on eliminating the estate tax, items high on the conservative agenda.

Frist said the amendment is needed to protect the majority of Americans, whom he said oppose same-sex marriage, from "the whims of a few activist judges" who seek to "override the commonsense of the American people." He added, "When America's values are under attack, we need to act."

A similar amendment failed to win the necessary votes in 2004.

Because really, with the war, the failed drug plan, the destruction of a major American city, the huge deficit, the Senate doesn't have any serious issues to consider.
    It's needed to 'protect' the majority of Americans? Protect them from what? Are the majority of Americans going to be harmed in some way by letting gays marry?

The answer, of course, is no. How do you protect people from a concept? What exact threat... physical, mental, emotional, biological, chemical... does gay marriage have against 'the majority of Americans' and their 'common sense American values'?

Stupid neocon fuckbags and the drooling neocon mouthbreathers who support them. All they know how to do is be fearful and hateful.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Repuke senator Frist to introduce anti-gay bill in May

If you can have a war on an abstract noun, then protecting people from a concept is quite easy. The American Family Association has been pushing people to email their senators in favour of Frist's bill and hope to get one million people to do so.

hah, a funny blog response to this article:

The threat posed by same-sex marriage cannot be underestimated. So many men and women out there are just teetering - TEETERING, I tell you - on the brink of the dark abyss of despair that is homosexuality.

When I think of all the men I've lured over to the darkside while doing the most commonplace things: grocery shopping, riding the bus, standing in line at the bank, etc, etc, etc, the mind reels. And all of this telepathically, without me even knowing it, and without physical contact or even eye contact. The power of my sexuality is truly frightening. Add to that the fact that several of my girlfriends from high school and college are now lesbians, and you have even more proof of my potency. And there is an estimated ten percent of the population that is JUST LIKE ME!!!!

But also, consider this: IF we were, as a society, to accept "Gay" "Marriage", that might mean that closeted gay men would no longer marry and procreate. This in turn would lead to a reduction in the homosexual population (if it is indeed genetic) It could mean the death of the Republican Party as we know it.

Thank God for Bill Frist. He is helping preserve homosexuality.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My boyfriend had the opportunity to pee on Frist's luggage in an airport once, and didn't take it. *sigh*

But also, consider this: IF we were, as a society, to accept "Gay" "Marriage", that might mean that closeted gay men would no longer marry and procreate. This in turn would lead to a reduction in the homosexual population (if it is indeed genetic) It could mean the death of the Republican Party as we know it.

Thank God for Bill Frist. He is helping preserve homosexuality.
    WTF???
    What the hell are they trying to say here. That if gay marriage is legal then closet gay men won't marry women and have kids that could be gay? I'm confused as much as I am angry. Pure bigoted Repug bullshit.

He's implying that the Repuke party is full of closeted, self loathing fags

A*O

But Grimm, you still don't get it, straight men are totally irresistable to all gay men. Surely you knew that? If you allow gay marriage then the gay couples will go out hunting down innocent straight men in pairs and the gay spouses won't have to testify against each other. It's a filthy homo conspiracy. Straight men need protection from these deviant fiends!
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Breeder Hunting.

My god, but I could get into that sport.

A*O

Why don't you and Dick go together? He's been out practicing.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

no, i can't be tempted to shoot my team-mates immediately

Thread Information