Thread: Glenn Beck: Smash the OLIGARHY!

Default Glenn Beck: Smash the OLIGARHY!

Smash the OLIGARHY!

By David Weigel 8/28/09 9:28 AM

The Aug. 27, 2009 episode of “Glenn Beck” on Fox News was television beyond description. I’ll just focus on the closing segment. Beck, having spent four days scrawling the connection between radical groups and the Obama administration on a chalkboard, lines them up:
    Obama
    Left
    International
    Graft
    ACORN-style organizations
    Revolutionaries
    Hidden Agendas
    “They all select their words first!” says Beck. “And then they tie them together into one word!”

He pauses. “One letter is missing.”

At this point, the viewer realizes that the letter “C” is missing from the world “OLIGARCH.” But no! Beck scrawls out a “Y.” And tomorrow, he promises viewers a “plan of action” against these people, step one, we presume, being branding them with this name: The OLIGARHY.
    [youtube]L0OUXkZO8vE[/youtube]
    The Washington Independent » Smash the OLIGARHY!

Twit.
    Enjoy the liquor and delicatessen.

i still love how none of these morons had a problem with Bush at all
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

These people are so fucking stupid.
    The Glenn Beck Effect

By David Weigel 8/28/09 11:17 AM

One reason I pay a lot of attention to Glenn Beck is that, viewer for viewer and listener for listener, he has a more direct impact on the conservative movement and the GOP base than any other conservative personality. Here’s an example.

On Aug. 24, back from a vacation during which a Color for Change campaign cost Beck dozens of sponsors, Beck did a raw, investigative report about the Apollo Alliance, a heretofore uncontroversial green group which, in March, saw board member Van Jones become the White House’s “green czar.” Beck informed viewers that Jones was a reformed criminal and political radical, something Jones has really never tried to hide. Nonetheless, Beck saw a scandal.
    The $787 billion stimulus package includes more than $100 billion for green initiatives. You just met our green jobs czar. Now, how much of a role did Van Jones or the Apollo Alliance and their left-leaning allies have in crafting the stimulus package?
    Beck brought on Phil Kerpen of Americans for Prosperity to dig further into the issue.
    I think there was a very telling quote from Harry Reid about the stimulus bill. I want to get this exactly right. He said, “The Apollo Alliance has been an important factor in helping us develop and execute a strategy that makes great progress on these goals and in moving the public to support them.”

And I think that second part is really critical, the way that brought together all of the major elements of the leftist coalition and they used it to bring public opinion to them. Now, historically, the unions have been very much against environmental regulation.

The insight here with Apollo and Van Jones and so on is that if you raid the U.S. Treasury and you take all these money and use it to subsidize these so-called green jobs and make them union jobs, give money to the social justice street organizers and so on, you can get every one of these leftist constituencies on the same side with taxpayers on the other side. And they can loot the U.S. treasury in order to support all of their friends.
    Yesterday, 72 hours after Beck broadcast all of this, Rep. Steve Buyer (R-Ind.) held a town hall before a pretty sympathetic crowd. The first question in this video:
    Who wrote all of these bills? And did the far-left Apollo Alliance have any role in writing any of them?
    “I don’t know what that is,” says Buyer, standing in front of the confusing health care chart designed by Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas). “I don’t know what the Apollo Alliance is.”

There are rumblings from the crowd.

“Van Jones!”

“It’s Van Jones’ organization!”

“Ask the Green czar, Van Jones!”

That last comment gets a big wave of applause. Buyer, chagrined, says he learned something.
    [youtube]W2vbpdMFLFU[/youtube]
    The Washington Independent » The Glenn Beck Effect

As Sponsors Flee, The Glenn Beck Show Gets More And More Awesomely Bonkers

I don't have any idea if the ongoing flight of sponsors from the Glenn Beck Show is having any effect on its bottom line, but it sure isn't tempering its content! Yesterday's Glenn Beck show was MAGICAL. I really hope you watched it, and I really hope you watched it in the same way I did: yelling across the room repeatedly at an intern, "What's he saying now? That stuff sounds BONKERS! Is it burning your retinae to look at it? Do you need a hug?" Here's what you missed:

HILARIOUS ILLITERACY
    Glenn Beck took to his whiteboard to demonstrate how various words revealed a disturbing hidden secret about the Obama administration. It sort of went something like this: Gimme an "Obama!" Gimme a "left!" Gimme the word, "international!" Gimme some "graft!" Here's the reference to "ACORN" that I am contractually obligated to mention once a show! Gimme a "revolutionaries!" Followed by "hidden agendas!" And now, give me a "Y," because surely, the world is staring at Glenn Beck and asking themselves, "Why? Dear God in Heaven, why?" What do you get when you take the first letters of those words and spin them through your Little Orphan Annie decoder rings? "OLIGARHY!" This is NOT A WORD, in any language on the planet Earth.

DIRE WARNINGS
    OMGZ! Have you heard that Obama is fashioning himself a private Army, made up of Americorps volunteers? It's true! And who hasn't gazed upon the average gaggle of Americorps volunteers, fresh and clueless from college, and thought to themselves: "From this raw material, I could surely fashion a brutal cadre of fearsome shock troops that will finally bring Western civilization to its knees!" The mere prospect of such a thing happening led Beck to compare President Obama to Saddam Hussein, underscoring the way Hussein attempted to tyrannically "adopt" all of Kuwait's highways.

First, Americorps came for the seniors, and I SAID NOTHING, because it turns out Americorps was just bringing them food, listening to them tell stories about their childhoods, and promising to visit them and stuff.
    BECK GETS EMO
    Nothing really beats Glenn Beck when he goes on a full-tilt victimization binge. Here's how he ended his show, or so our intern tells me:
    BECK: I'm tired of being a sheep. I'm tired of being a victim. I'm tired of being pushed around. You know what? The gloves come off.
    I have no idea who is pushing Glenn Beck around! He gets his very own television show and radio show and book deals and he gets to say whatever in the world he feels like saying and people give him millions and millions of dollars for it. He can have, if he wants, his very own pony at his gigantic and secluded manse to ride on whenever he wants and can hire someone to bake him delicious funnel cakes any time he likes! These are the hard won perks of being a celebrity, earned from having a dedicated fan base.

Nevertheless, today, the gloves come off! A preview: the hands underneath those gloves will be free of callouses and as soft as an infant's tush!
    As Sponsors Flee, The Glenn Beck Show Gets More And More Awesomely Bonkers

I shall assume that the missing C will stand for Communism!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

With people like Beck and Rush providing the 'intelligent dialogue' it's no wonder the GOP implodes more with each passing day.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I shall assume that the missing C will stand for Communism!
    I thought the C was for Christianity, which Beck didn't want to use because Obama is a muzlim.

He is seriously ready for the looney bin. It's actually irresponsible to keep this guy on the air.

I just will never understand how some Republicans support this or don't believe that nutjobs like this ruin their party.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I think he just came on and said he "deliberately" left out "Czars".

Two nights ago, I was either listening to or O'Reilly's Fox simulcast on Sirius, and O'Reilly introduced him saying something like "author of New York Times bestselling books -- which is inexplicable to me." Beck laughed at it like it was a joke, but O'Reilly wasn't laughing and he never did qualify his statement, just went on with the interview.

Another guy who seems to think Beck is an embarrassment is Shepherd Smith, who not only mocked Beck's "Doom Room" (or whatever it was), he complained on air to a producer about something Beck was saying and asked if they were going to do something about it. He did it in an amusing way, but it seemed clear that he thought Beck was a total tool.

"deliberately" aka dipshit couldn't spell and trying to cover his ass a day later.

Elite Member

BECK: I'm tired of being a sheep. I'm tired of being a victim. I'm tired of being pushed around. You know what? The gloves come off.
    Glenn, you're no Howard Beele. Maybe, Howard the duck.

It's funny. Beck, both of the Limbaugh brothers, and the rest of those loons are all about being victims, all about manufactured victimhood. I thought the right wanted personal responsibility.

I saw this yesterday and I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. It would be hilarious if it weren't so damn depressing that people actually listen to this tool. He needs a roomful of normal, intelligent, critically thinking people to just laugh and laugh at his loony ass delivering these insane rants.

Thread Information