Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin blows off another fundraiser--still in hiding?

Default Sarah Palin blows off another fundraiser--still in hiding?

Please join Governor SARAH PALIN & nationally known conservative STAR PARKER Thursday, August 27th 7:30pm at Change Point Church Anchorage

The Alaskans for Parental Rights campaign was developed to return to parents the right to oversee abortion decisions their underage teenage daughters might be unfortunately considering.

So says the notice from Change Point Church, one of Anchorages 2 mega-churches that will be pushing hard for the Parental Notification act. This announcement has appeared all over the internet, far and wide – state blogs, national blogs, Palin blogs, you name it. I’ve known about this appearance for days now. Apparently it’s been in the works for weeks and Jim Minnery, the president of the Alaska Family Council has been gleefully promoting the event. There have even been robocalls by former Lt. Governor Loren Lehman jingling phones all over Anchorage saying, “I’m calling to ask you to meet with Gov. Sarah Palin and me this Thursday for an event to protect young girls facing abortion decisions.”

One teensy little problem, and I bet you can guess what it is.

She won’t be there.

That’s right, according to the ADN, spokeswoman Meg Stapleton says that neither she nor the ex-almost-one-term governor had ever heard anything about it. Imagine!

Here’s where we all take the heels of our hands and rub them in circles just over our brow ridge, then slowly do a “face palm” and draaaagggg our hands down until we’re pulling our lower eyelids and making “monster face.” There’s really no other appropriate reaction at this point. So, if you’ve been keeping a tally like I have, you can get out your little spiral pocket notebook and flip to the “Sarah Palin Flake Out” page. That’s it…the one that says:

1. GOP Winter Retreat in D.C. - said she couldn’t come because there was too much work to do back home, but was actually attending the swanky Alfalfa Club Dinner down the street.

2. CPAC Conference- Smitten conservatives on Team Sarah had online groups saving pennies to go hear their idol speak at the convention. Cancelled at the last minute stating she had never said she would be there despite claims by the organizer and heavy promotion on the website.

3. Republican Senate and House Fundraiser – According to organizers, she said yes to delivering the keynote address. Then she denied saying yes, and left the committee in the lurch forcing a last minute replacement by Newt Gingrich.

3A. Republican Senate and House Fundraiser Take II - Invited a second time. Said yes she would, then no she wouldn’t, then got disinvited and replaced by Newt Gingrich, then said yes she would, then they said forget it, but then she did….sort of.

4. Fancy Republican Women’s fundraiser in Simi Valley at Reagan Library - High priced tickets promoted online and sold, then the claim she never said she’d be there and money had to be refunded. Simultaneously thumbs nose at women, Republicans, rich people AND the ghost of Ronald Reagan.

and now our latest entry.

5….(licking tip of pencil) Bagged out of speaking engagement at Change Point Church after her Alaskan right wing religious base and former Lt. Governor have been promoting her appearance for weeks. Claims not to have known. Also, simultaneously announces she won’t be coming to a $500 suggested donation private fundraiser that she admits being invited to because she’s out of town and won’t be back in time.

Where is she, and what is she doing? Sorry everyone counting on her appearance, that information is classified according to Stapleton. But feel free to write that $500 check anyway!

Why, it was just last month when I asked:

“I wonder how long it will be before nobody invites her to speak anywhere ever. And what will Meg Stapletondo now that she can’t blame “miscommunication” with the governor’s staff?”

Apparently she just goes for the flat denial, and makes Jim Minnery of the Alaska Family Council sound like he’s listening to the voices in his head. Again.

Maybe, instead of the Parental Notification Act, we need the Palin Notification Act. I think that groups who are counting on her presence to make gobs of money, and create excitement, and boost attendance at their function should require at least two weeks notice that she plans to say she never knew anything about it.

You know…to avoid stuff like this appearing less than 24 hours before the event.

The Mudflats » The Palin Notification Act.

All I can imagine is that she's in hiding after some major plastic surgery? Facelift or browlift?

Why do people keep inviting her to speak when she's just going to cancel on them? But, then again, it's probably a blessing in disguise when she does cancel.

It must be taking a while for her to recover from her nervous breakdown. That's my first thought. She such a narcissist, it's surprising she's rejecting the spotlight, other than blogging on Facebook from her basement.

And this one is in Anchorage. If she's still in Alaska, it can't be that hard to show up.

I wonder when her super fans will figure out she's just not that into them, except when they send money to her "legal" fund.

Should we have a poll? Plastic surgery or nervous breakdown?

Her latest idiotic Facebook entry:

An Invitation
    Yesterday at 8:34am
    FOX News' Glenn Beck is doing an extraordinary job this week walking America behind the scenes of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and outlining who is actually running the White House.

Monday night he asked us to invite one friend to watch; tonight I invite all my friends to watch.

-Sarah Palin
    Sarah Palin: An Invitation | Facebook

I vote another Palin daughter is knocked up and she's busy planning the next transcontinental cover story.

Before:

After:

Even though the bunny looks angry, I want to stroke the bunny. The bunny can say all kinds of mean, hateful things and I will still want to touch it.

Are you listening, Sarah? Please cover your face with fur. Trust me. Truussssst me. You will get votes. You will win. You will rule the world. Just get the fur implants. Yes.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I vote another Palin daughter is knocked up and she's busy planning the next transcontinental cover story.
    You beat me to it!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

There were the pictures of Willow slamming vodka recently.

An Alaskan blogger noted:
    In about an hour and a half a room full of people are about to become ex-Sarah Palin supporters.

Statement Re: Sarah Palin’s attendance at Aug. 27 events

Alaskans for Parental Rights is looking forward to having former Governor Sarah Palin join us this evening for the kick-off event for our initiative to protect the right of parents to be involved in the abortion decisions of their teenage daughters.

Media reports in the last 24 hours have quoted the Governor’s spokeswoman as saying that Mrs. Palin never committed to attend the event, and that she will not be present this evening.

We have been in regular communications with the Governor’s staff over the last several weeks. We were assured that Governor Palin was personally aware of this evening’s event, and that she twice confirmed her intent to participate.

We look forward to Governor Palin honoring her commitment to attend, and we appreciate her public support of our effort to pass this important voter initiative to protect the rights of parents and the health of teenage girls.
    Wow, I almost feel sorry for these simpletons.

I know that they rely more on faith than verifiable evidence , but this is just sad.

Posted by Gryphen at 5:52 PM
    The Immoral Minority: In about an hour and a half a room full of people are about to become ex-Sarah Palin supporters.

Maybe this'll shame her into attending. Oops, I forgot she has no shame.

Perhaps she's going to go, but is throwing the media off the scent because she doesn't want her hideous plastic surgery to be photographed.

they were looking forward to her being there? already a lost cause.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I spotted 2 of her look alikes when I was at a conference in Austin earlier this week...
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

You would think Palin quitting midway through her first term would be enough for all Alaskans to realize she doesn't care about them or their issues. Alaska, she's just not that into you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information