Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ gears up for battle over gay marriage

Default NJ gears up for battle over gay marriage

Oh for heaven's sake just pass the bill!

NJ gears up for battle over gay marriage

August 22, 2009

VINELAND (AP) — Advocates for and against allowing gay marriage in New Jersey are recruiting volunteers and calling lawmakers as they prepare for a major public debate later this year.

Lawmakers are expected to try to pass a bill after the November election that would recognize gay marriages.

Last week, 140 people showed up at a one of many meetings held by a group called the Marriage Minutemen to organize opposition to the concept. They agreed to sign petitions and call lawmakers to let their views be known.

Advocates for gay marriage are also increasing their efforts — taking much the same actions.

New Jersey now has civil unions, which give gay couples the legal benefits of marriage but not the title.

NJ gears up for battle over gay marriage | dailyrecord.com | Daily Record
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

dont want gay marriage? then dont get gay married.

gays dont give a fuck what breeders do with their nuptials, why isn't it the reverse?

Right, they just want something to hate. Whateverz.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If the Republican Chris Christie unseats Corzine he'll block any attempts to pass that bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    dont want gay marriage? then dont get gay married.

gays dont give a fuck what breeders do with their nuptials, why isn't it the reverse?

Right, they just want something to hate. Whateverz.
    exactly
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    If the Republican Chris Christie unseats Corzine he'll block any attempts to pass that bill.
    Doesn't Christie have some breaking scandals to worry about? (His name, ugh, Chris Christie. That's almost as bad as Jim James.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Doesn't Christie have some breaking scandals to worry about? (His name, ugh, Chris Christie. That's almost as bad as Jim James.)
    Yeah, Christie has some scandals brewing. But Corzine hasn't been popular in N.J. since he decided to shut the state down a few years ago in a hissy fit.

Plus, the Dems may have just handed him the election with that big corruption scandal a few weeks back.

Some scandals...
    A Bit of a Menace?

Josh Marshall | September 4, 2009, 9:51AM

Looks like more evidence that New Jersey governor candidate Chris Christie put his job as US Attorney to good use as a get-out-of-ticket or even get-out-of-jail free card back in the glory days of the Bush era.

The latest example: In 2002 he struck a motorcyclist while driving in the wrong direction on a one way street. Christie got off without even a ticket after mentioning his job title. Did Christie's status figure in to the cushy resolution? The local police director says: "I don't think I want to make that kind of deduction, but I think the facts speak for themselves."

I would say so.

I must say, not having paperwork is something that probably happens to a lot of people. And lotsa people speed. But this is pretty far out there. And when you put it all together it does seem to reach beyond the normal level of political chop busting. Hit a motorcyclist going the wrong way on a one way street? No ticket?
    A Bit of a Menace? | Talking Points Memo

Christie's still leading Corzine in the polls. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Christie's still leading Corzine in the polls. Damn.
    Well they didn't poll me or my husband and we're not voting for him . Corzine is inept, Christie is corrupt. In NJ, corrupt is more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    Well they didn't poll me or my husband and we're not voting for him . Corzine is inept, Christie is corrupt. In NJ, corrupt is more dangerous.
    Agreed. I'm not voting for Christie, either. I may not like Corzine, but the inept devil that you know is better than the corrupt/inept devil that you don't know.

quick, pass it before the mormons get organised.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The mormons don't have a strong foothold in N.J. Although you do see the Mormon missionaries from time to time.

^^^
    but didn't the mormon efforts in california originate in utah? i don't think there are too many of them in california either.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^True. But religion doesn't have the same kind of impact in N.J., or the rest of the northeast. Plus, the Mormons managed to play on people's prejudices in California. In Jersey, we're too busy dealing with corruption scandals and road rage. Hell, even McGreevey's gay sex scandal a few years back didn't have that big of an impact. But, then again, anything is possible.

^^^
    yeah i was mostly kidding but still, you never know. fucking mormons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information