Thread: Cheney attends conference where keynote speaker calls Muslims "ragheads"

Angry Cheney attends conference where keynote speaker calls Muslims "ragheads"

Well, if Bill Bennett didn't cause a few more riots in the Muslim world, I suppose we can always count on Dick Cheney. Last night Cheney spoke at the annual CPAC convention, a big big big Republican affair here in DC. Now what kind of people was Cheney there giving his good name to? People who rise up in boisterous applause when keynote speakers call Arabs and Muslims "ragheads." For any of our foreign readers, that's an American racial slur.

From my good friend Max at the Huffington Post:

Coulter on Muslims:

"I think our motto should be post-9-11, 'raghead talks tough, raghead faces consequences.'" (This declaration prompted a boisterous ovation.)

Oh, but that wasn't the only comment that the audience loved.

Coulter on killing Bill Clinton:

(Responding to a question from a Catholic University student about her biggest moral or ethical dilemna) "There was one time I had a shot at Clinton. I thought 'Ann, that's not going to help your career.'"

Coulter on moderate Republicans:

"There is more dissent on a slave plantation then amongst moderates in the Republican party."

Coulter on the Holocaust:

"Iran is soliciting cartoons on the Holocaust. So far, only Ted Rall, Garry Trudeau, and the NY Times have made submissions."

Coulter on the Supreme Court:

"If we find out someone [referring to a terrorist] is going to attack the Supreme Court next week, can't we tell Roberts, Alito, Thomas and Scalito?"

Isn't that special? The darling of the Republican party makes racial slurs against Muslims at a time when Muslisms are rioting over, well, racial slurs all over the world, attacking and killing people - so Ann thought it would be funny to whip things up a little more. Then she jokes about murdering a former president and blowing up the Supreme Court - things that get you investigated normally in America - but I guess Ann figured out the way around that: just make sure the Vice President of the United States is lending his good name to the conference too.

So does Dick Cheney think Muslims are "ragheads"? Stay tuned.

Cat-murderer, GOP Senator, and Republican presidential candidate Bill Frist was asked that very question, since he was standing in the hallway at the conference just after Ann spoke. Frist's reply?

"I wasn't there so I better not comment."

Note to Frist: In polite society it's ALWAYS okay to be AGAINST racial slurs. Then again, you are running from the far-right of the party, so I guess I can understand your reticence.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Cheney attends conference where keynote speaker calls Muslims "ragheads"

Are you sure there weren't a few Canadian Conservatives in the crowd? Raghead is one of the west coast branch's favourite expressions, off the record of course.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; February 10th, 2006 at 09:03 PM.

Default Re: Cheney attends conference where keynote speaker calls Muslims "ragheads"

I hate Ann Coulter. What a hateful woman.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Who the hell takes ann coulter seriously? who wants to hear her speak? She has no credibility in my mind and i think of her as a late night talk show joke.
    As far as the raghead comment, the guy is an insensitive moron.

Who takes her seriously? All the mouthbreathing hate-spewing racist right wingers who cheered her on, and who presently populate the US government.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Coulter is a hateful bigot. Who hasn't she said hateful and spiteful words to?

Oh yeah, a lot of those Repubs in the White House who are in power are a bunch of racist,fascist pigs.

There is this one Muslim official who went to meet up with John Ashcroft to talk about how Muslims about being treated unfairly and stereotyped. You know,just to discuss about issues concerning the Muslim community in the U.S. You know what Ashcroft said to him?He says something along to the lines of, you are lucky you are not being put in interment camps like we when we sent the Japanese Americans to during WWII. It is also very ironic that in 2000, the Muslim population in the U.S. helped to elect Bush since he promised to help out the Muslim community in the U.S. We all know those were a bunch of lies,and in 2004, the Muslims made sure to vote for Kerry.

^^Yea & now look at what is going on--mosques are being wire-tapped to listen for terrorists--everytime I go in, I look up to see if I can see a microphone (silly, I know.)
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

This is the "we can all agree on one thing at least" thread..basically that Mann Coulter is a stupid evil bitch!

Thread Information