Thread: Howard Dean bitch-slaps Sarah Palin on healthcare

Thumbs up Howard Dean bitch-slaps Sarah Palin on healthcare

WASHINGTON (CNN) Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean told CNN Sunday that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin had deliberately made up charges that the Obama administration’s health care bill would lead to euthanasia.
    “About euthanasia, they're just totally erroneous. She just made that up,” he said. “Just like the ‘Bridge to Nowhere’ that she supposedly didn't support.
    “There's nothing like euthanasia in the bill. I practiced medicine for a long time, and of course you have to have end of life discussions — the patients want that. There's nothing… euthanasia's not in this bill.”
    Dean was referring comments Palin made late Friday in a post on her Facebook page. In her post, the former Republican vice presidential candidate said President Obama’s health care plan would create a “death panel” that would weigh whether her parents or son Trig were “worthy of health care.”

She discounted the administration’s view that the president’s plan would cut health care costs, saying the only path to lower costs was less treatment.
    "And who will suffer the most when they ration care?" she wrote. "The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course. The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil."
    Palin has mostly steered clear of interviews with reporters since leaving office last month. "Democracy depends on you. That is why our troops are willing to die for you," she told the media in her farewell speech. "So how about in honor of the American soldier, ya quit making things up?" She spent several days last week in New York, meeting with her book publisher.
    Dean on Palin’s health care claims: ‘She made that up’
    Palin whines about 'rationing healthcare,' but then advocates 'less treatment to lower costs.' So, she's against rationing healthcare AND for it at the same time.

She's never had to worry about getting health insurance for her kids--they'll always be covered by the Dud, since he and his family get free, Federally funded health care because he's part (1/8 or 1/16, don't remember) Native American (Yupik Eskimo) and a shareholder in two Native Corporations. So she should STFU.
    Last edited by WhoAmI; August 9th, 2009 at 10:16 AM.

^But she won't if they get a divorce. Ha!

I think she's made enough from the book deal to pay for any future insurance needs. Or one of her creepy-ass fantards will make sure she's covered. Malek the dog-barbecuer, perhaps?

Anyway, she made a big stink about the Down's kid having to go before the Death Squad, not herself. She's selfless that way.

Additional excerpt from Dean's talk:

Q. And how does rhetoric like that, whether it’s coming from Governor Palin or from the Democrats or from anyone else how does that affect the debate over health care?

Dean: I think it harms the country. You know, there are people who want to believe almost anything that’s bad about this bill and of course they’ll believe that too. So, it makes a small minority of people angrier and angrier, and it’s essentially an incitement to violence, and I think it’s too bad.
    Clip here:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Elite Member

Glad to see Governor Dean correcting the stupid. Unfortunately, there's just so much of it.

Thread Information