Thread: Religious right 'outs' kid for political gain... sick sick sick

Unhappy Religious right 'outs' kid for political gain... sick sick sick

From the American Family Association's propaganda organ (note, I've x'd out the names of the kid's parents):

Two Christian parents say their son was a victim of homosexual indoctrination at the prestigious "Governor's School of North Carolina."

The Governor's School of North Carolina describes itself as "program for intellectually gifted high school students, integrating academic disciplines, the arts, and unique courses." But one North Carolina couple is suffering some after effects of their son's involvement in the program. xxxx and xxxx xxxxx say after their son attended a Governor's School seminar called "The New Gay Teenager," he began telling them he was unsure of his "sexual orientation."....

xxxx xxxxx says he noticed a big difference in his otherwise normal son upon his return from the school.

"He [said he] was thinking now that he perhaps was gay -- and of course I was floored by this [pronouncement] and was, like, 'where did this come from?' This kind of came out of left field," the dad says.

Congratulations. You've now made this kid and his sexuality a national story. I'm sure his classmates are very happy to know that he might be gay, and now much of the country knows. Gym class is gonna be a joy now. And walking home after school? Well, let's just say I'll be very surprised if this kid gets to walk home undisturbed. Are you people that frickin' stupid and naive and careless that you couldn't at the very least leave the parents' name out of the article?

How this helps a teenager's mental well-being, when teenagers already have more than enough to handle, is beyond me. Has no one in the religious right thought about what they're doing to this kid by telling the world about his sexual orientation? Seriously, are you people that uncaring and sick that you would use a child in this way? Are you not the least bit worried about what a young kid might do, facing this kind of national attention, let alone attention from everyone in his hometown?

Jesus, people, maybe it's time you starting put the Christ back in Christian. If you think a school seminar "made" this kid gay, you are out of your minds.

Whatever feelings this kid is having, he's had for them for a while, he didn't just develop them at a seminar. The seminar simply gave him the courage to tell his parents what he was feeling. And by blowing this up to a national religious rights public relations offensive, you've taught that kid one very important lesson about coming clean to his parents: Don't. Think you're gay, hide it. Think you're pregnant, hide it. Questioning your religion, hide it. Do you have anything to tell your parents that might concern them, confuse them, or anger them? Hide it. That's what the religious right wants today's kids in America to do - don't trust your parents, courtesy of the religious right.

If that's the lesson you wanted to be teaching kids, to lie and hide things from their parents, well congrats. You just ruined a kid's life. I'd like to think that the radical right would prefer that teenage kids not kill themselves. But honestly, I can't say with any certainty that I believe that to be true.

What would Jesus do? I doubt the religious right hate groups could care less.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Religious right 'outs' kid for political gain... sick sick sick

Why are some people even allowed to breed? They must hate their kid to do this to him.
    Keep passing the open windows.

They don't hate their kid, they just LOVE JESUS SO MUCH.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

from the original article at the American Family Association:

"He [said he] was thinking now that he perhaps was gay -- and of course I was floored by this [pronouncement] and was, like, 'where did this come from?' This kind of came out of left field," the dad says. After questioning his son for an extended period, Burrows says he discovered the source. "I found out that this was as a result of this seminar."
    According to Burrows, his son was instructed by two openly homosexual staff members of the Governor's School to question his sexuality as well as Bible passages that condemn homosexuality. And the students were also encouraged by instructors to start a Gay Straight Alliance club at their schools, he says.
    The North Carolina dad explains that his son's subsequent struggle with homosexuality has turned his family upside down. "As far as our family is concerned, the damage has already been done," he laments. "There's no way that we can go back and undo what has been done."
    Still, Mr. Burrows feels he needs to warn other parents of the homosexual indoctrination his son encountered at the Governor's School. "[i]f I can keep one other family from having to go through this, then all this trouble has been worthwhile," he says.

It doesn't explicitly state that the kid was tied to a chair with a bright light shining in his face during the interrogation, but that's the image that springs to mind.

Isn't it funny how easy it seems to be to turn a kid gay, and how difficult it is to "cure"?

That's why it's so evil and must be stamped out before the gays have a chance to implement their agenda on a large scale, and homosexualize all of America and bring about the downfall of society as a whole.

See, last I checked the gays paid taxes and bought many luxury items.. it stands to reason that if we bring about the downfall of society we will have squandered all that tax money, and we wouldn't be able to buy the luxury items we like so much.

I mean.. duh.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I don't know, Grimm. IT's so obvious if that if we allow our children to be exposed to homosexual types as well as information about said homosexual types, they're sure to turn out homosexual. I mean, it IS catching, right?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

True.

In fact, i have teh ghey in aerosol form.

*spritzes you*

Eli

What would Jesus do? I think he'd bitch-slap the parents.

I'm not sure who should get the Biggest Ignorant Bigot Award, the kid's 'family' or the AFA-probably the kid's parents, because of the (perhaps naive) notion that your family is not supposed to screw you over in that way.

I don't know why these gay people always gotta be shoving their gayness down my throat! (Sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    What would Jesus do? I think he'd bitch-slap the parents.
    i think your right dear lord some freaking ppl should just be fixed at birth this poor kid i just hope somehow he winds up ok in spite of his stupid ass parents
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Oh good gravy! Both the Gay-Straight Alliance and the Governors School exist at my kids high school and both are involved with both programs and no ones turned out gay yet. These people need to be beaten and the kid put in a foster home. <sarcasm> Great parenting you guys!</sarcasm>

The GSA is actually a great thing because it promotes understanding and peace between gays and straights so that no one ends up beaten to death on a fence any longer.

Thread Information