Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Reid caves to the GOP yet again, delays vote on healthcare till august

Thumbs down Harry Reid caves to the GOP yet again, delays vote on healthcare till august

surprise.

So much for the August deadline:

WASHINGTON (AP) - The top Democrat in the Senate says lawmakers won't vote until after August on health care, a blow to President Barack Obama's ambitious timetable.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told reporters Thursday the Finance Committee will act on its portion of the bill before Congress' monthlong break. Then Reid will merge that bill with separate legislation already passed by the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.

The Nevada Democrat says the decision to delay a vote was made Wednesday night in the hopes of getting a final bipartisan bill.

Nancy Pelosi also seems to be backing off her insistence on an August vote.

Politics, Political News - POLITICO.com
    Has Reid ever, EVER stood up for anything in his life? His default is "cave to GOP".. i swear to god, on every issue.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Harry 'Nutless Wonder' Reid and Nazi Pelosi should both be run out of town on a rail.

It's being reported in a few places today that they don't have the votes anyway.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

God damn it!

Very frustrating.

I'm not shocked. It's Harry Reid.

Elite Member

I think it's time to replace Reid. I thought he was good as Minority Leader, but he's not up to the task of being Majority Leader. I don't know whether the failure is due to age, the mini-stroke (TIA) he had a few years ago, or that he doesn't know how to lead. from the

I think the Dems in the higher-up posititons are to blame, not just Reid himself. Bi-partisanship means nothing if the people don't see results or anything around them improve. Waiting until the fall to vote on health-care will only aid the right-wingers when they mount opposition. Nothing will get done because the Blue-Dogs want to bend over for the Repukes in the name of "bi-partisanship".

Republicans can't do shit right, why even do what THEY want? They had 8 years and they fucked it up for everybody but the rich. Screw them!

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    I think it's time to replace Reid. I thought he was good as Minority Leader, but he's not up to the task of being Majority Leader. I don't know whether the failure is due to age, the mini-stroke (TIA) he had a few years ago, or that he doesn't know how to lead. from the
    I was watching Countdown last night and Lawrence O'Donnell was saying that the Majority Leader position really doesn't have that much clout to begin with when it comes to the committees. So, even though Reid is a dickless wonder he couldn't do much even if he had some backbone.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I was watching Countdown last night and Lawrence O'Donnell was saying that the Majority Leader position really doesn't have that much clout to begin with when it comes to the committees. So, even though Reid is a dickless wonder he couldn't do much even if he had some backbone.
    If Reid had backbone and the power of persuasion, he could push the committee chairs to get their acts together.

If Reid had backbone and the power of persuasion, he could push the committee chairs to get their acts together.
    I used to think that, too. But since O'Donnell has experience in Congress he said that Majority Leaders can't really push the committee chairs to do anything they don't want to.

Although if Reid had some backbone, maybe he could get the committee chairs to actually respect him, which might go a long way to making progress. God, I hate Harry Reid.

Too bad Rahm Emanuel isn't the Majority Leader. He'd kick ass and take names.

Elite Member

Rham's in a good place right now. You need a political operative and traffic cop as WH Chief of Staff.

I'm glad Rahm is the Chief of Staff. But having somebody like him as Majority Leader would've made things interesting.

Elite Member

I'm glad Rahm is the Chief of Staff. But having somebody like him as Majority Leader would've made things interesting.

Wouldn't have happened. Too many others have much more seniority, and Rham's made too many enemies.

Wouldn't have happened. Too many others have much more seniority, and Rham's made too many enemies.
    I was just saying in theory not fact.

Besides, Rahm could have only been Majority Leader in the House, which is still 2nd to the Speaker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information