Thread: Republican Chris Christie won't bring political poison Sarah Palin to N.J.

Thumbs up Republican Chris Christie won't bring political poison Sarah Palin to N.J.

(CNN) New Jersey Republican gubernatorial candidate Chris Christie says he won't invite Sarah Palin to join him on the campaign trail.
    "This is about New Jersey issues and New Jersey, and I don't think having Gov. Palin here would do me, or frankly the state, a whole lot of good in the sense that we need to talk and focus on what the New Jersey issues are," Christie said during a radio interview on New Jersey 101.5 FM. CNN confirmed his comments with Christie's campaign.
    Following Palin's stunning announcement that she would be stepping down as Alaska governor later this month, Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele issued a statement saying that she "will be very helpful to the Party this year as we wage critical campaigns in Virginia and New Jersey."
    But in Virginia, where Republican Bob McDonnell is running in a tight race against Democrat Creigh Deeds, McDonnell's campaign this week would not say if the 2008 vice presidential nominee had been invited to join him on the trail. In an interview earlier this week with ABC News.com, McDonnell praised Palin but stopped short of actually inviting her to campaign in Virginia.

Christie's announcement follows similar comments from Republican State Chairman Assemblyman Jay Webber.
    While not asking for Palin's help, Christie, a former federal prosecutor, did say in his radio interview that he hopes former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who campaigned for Christie in the primary, will return to New Jersey.
    "I hope Mayor Giuliani will continue to be supportive and be here and work with me, but other than that, I think the people of New Jersey have to hear from me," said Chrstie.
    Christie leads in the most recent polls in New Jersey over Democrat Jon Corzine, the incumbent governor who's running for re-election. President Barack Obama will join Corzine at a campaign rally next Thursday
    Christie won't ask for Palin's help
    I won't vote for Christie, but I'm glad he's not bringing Palin to N.J.

I'm not voting for him either but it's nice to see reasonable thought. Palin's BS wouldn't last 2 minutes in NJ.

He knows he'll be toast if Palin comes! It's pretty funny though since Palin wants to paint herself as a crusader for GOP candidates.

the GOP in the NY/NJ area isn't the same as the GOP in the south or other areas.

Repubs here aren't as socially conservative, and someone like Palin would definitely not help a Repub candidate.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

His name's Chris Christie? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    the GOP in the NY/NJ area isn't the same as the GOP in the south or other areas.

Repubs here aren't as socially conservative, and someone like Palin would definitely not help a Repub candidate.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    I'm not voting for him either but it's nice to see reasonable thought. Palin's BS wouldn't last 2 minutes in NJ.
    So true, so true.

Thread Information