Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PA Republican Senator: We allow gays to exist

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default PA Republican Senator: We allow gays to exist

Leach: How would he [Eichelberger] want to encourage stability in gay couples?
    Eichelberger: I wouldn't. I mean they can practice whatever sexual activity they like to practice, but there's no reason to give them special consideration. We don't give them special consideration in Pennsylvania for any reason. Why in the world would we allow them to marry?
    22:05
    Leach: How would he want to encourage stability in gay couples?
    Eichelberger: There is no reason to encourage that type of behavior in Pennsylvania.
    24:20
    Eichelberger: That comes back to the definition of family and that's where we differ. We can call all kinds of things families. I mean, we can say a 3 party marriage is a family, or 7 or 8 people or marrying younger and younger children these days .
    25:00
    Host: Are you saying that by their very nature homosexual relationships are dysfunctional?
    Eichelberger: [Pause] Ummmm. I guess I would say that. I would say that.
    38:50
    Eichelberger: This changes the definition of marriage, allowing same-sex, and then like I said, 5-10 years from now it'll be polygamy, marrying younger people, it'll be whatever...It won't be a 6 year old, it'll be a 15 year old, then it'll be a 14 year old, then it'll be a 13 year old.
    49:40
    Leach: Should our only policy towards [same-sex] couples be one of punishment, to somehow prove that they've done something wrong?
    Eichelberger: They're not being punished. We're allowing them to exist, and do what every American can do. We're just not rewarding them with any special designation.

Pam's House Blend:: Exist-gate: Pennsylvania gays allowed to exist AND start a Facebook Group

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

It wasn't all that long ago that 15-year-olds in America were being allowed to marry. Someone's obviously looking to secure the votes of a particular segment of the population. I'll wager he's a closet case.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

We're allowing them to exist
    Is he kidding?!!! This guy sounds insane.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Should we allow him to exist? What a dick.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    It wasn't all that long ago that 15-year-olds in America were being allowed to marry. Someone's obviously looking to secure the votes of a particular segment of the population. I'll wager he's a closet case.
    That's what I'd bet on.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Are Senators drug tested regularly?

Yawn, the same old excuse given by those against gay marriage: it leads to other forms of marriage as he mentions. Same old tired b.s.

Not surprised though. A lot of neo nazi 'nationalist' types don't necessarily advocate killing and whatnot, they allow "others" to exist.

Actually, he has it backwards.

*I* allow him to exist.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

This asshole is an embarrasment to my state! He represents the "huntin cuntry" in a rural area of the state. You can see his bio here as well as see how to contact him. I can't wait for the more human (liberal) Senators to take him down when his legislation comes up for a vote.

The Pennsylvania Senate

John H. Eichelberger (R)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Senate District 30
    Bedford, Blair, Fulton,
    Huntingdon and Mifflin (part) Counties.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDRESS: Senate Box 203030
    Harrisburg, PA 17120-3030
    ROOM: 460 Main Capitol
    TELEPHONE: (717) 787-5490

FAX: (717) 783-5192
    D.O. ADDRESS: 309 Allegheny Street
    Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
    (814) 695-8386
    E-MAIL ADDRESS: jeichelberger@pasen.gov

PARTY: Republican
    TERM EXPIRES: 2010
    PARENTS: John H. Sr. (deceased) and Faye Eichelberger
    ATTENDED: The Pennsylvania State University, B.A. in Political Science, 1985

MARRIED: Charlotte
    CAREER: board member Blair County Habitat for Humanity, and Penn-State Altoona Alumni Society; member First Church of the Brethren, The Arc of Blair County, Cove Community Band, American Federation of Musicians, National Rifle Association, and Blair Countian's for Drug Free Communities Coalition; Member of Senate 2007 to date.
    COMMITTEES: Agriculture & Rural Affairs
    Communications & Technology
    Finance
    Game & Fisheries
    Local Government , Chair
    Last edited by sluce; June 25th, 2009 at 10:38 AM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

What a disgusting man.

Another repressed hypocrite for sure. Can't wait for him to be caught in the backseat of a car in the park with a cock in his mouth. What an asshat.

While I find what he says offensive, I don't mind playing Devil's advocate and pointing out a, if he believes homosexuality is wrong/unnatural/sinful/dysfunctional or whatever, by extension he will see anything related to homosexuality the same and b, the phrasing here:
    Leach: Should our only policy towards [same-sex] couples be one of punishment, to somehow prove that they've done something wrong?
    is leading.

The Senator used the term "special consideration", which somehow morphs into Leach calling it punishment? Those terms are not even remotely synonymous.

Devious interviewer meet theocratic jerk.

ouch. that's a really fucked up way of thinking.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

They're not being punished. We're allowing them to exist,
    As opposed to what? Making every citizen undergo rigorous testing to weed out anyone with any kind of homosexual leanings, interring them in camps and then lining them up against a wall and shooting them?

This idiot does not have the right to allow the existance of ANYONE. Homosexuality isn't a priviledge, its a fact and all Eichelberger's spewing won't ever change that.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Another repressed hypocrite for sure. Can't wait for him to be caught in the backseat of a car in the park with a cock in his mouth. What an asshat.
    What's really fucked up is that the outrageously hateful statement he made should be enough to end his career by itself, without us hoping for a juicy sex scandal.

In a universe that, you know, made sense.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information