Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missouri lawmaker on child hunger: ‘Hunger can be a positive motivator.’

Angry Missouri lawmaker on child hunger: ‘Hunger can be a positive motivator.’

Missouri lawmaker on child hunger: ‘Hunger can be a positive motivator.’

Cynthia Davis In her June newsletter, State Rep. Cynthia Davis (R for Retarded-MO) provided several “commentaries” to a press release from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services on a summer food program. The program provides “food during the summer for thousands of low-income Missouri children who rely on the school cafeteria for free or reduced-price meals during the regular school year.” Davis, who serves as the chairwoman of the Missouri House Special Standing Committee on Children and Families, questioned whether the program is “warranted,” and extolled the hidden benefits of child hunger:

Who’s buying dinner? Who is getting paid to serve the meal? Churches and other non-profits can do this at no cost to the taxpayer if it is warranted. [...] Bigger governmental programs take away our connectedness to the human family, our brotherhood and our need for one another.
    [...] Anyone under 18 can be eligible? Can’t they get a job during the summer by the time they are 16? Hunger can be a positive motivator. What is wrong with the idea of getting a job so you can get better meals? Tip: If you work for McDonald’s, they will feed you for free during your break. [...] It really is all about increasing government spending, which means an increase in taxes for us to buy more free lunches and breakfasts.

A report by Feeding America found that one in five Missouri children currently lives with hunger.
    Taking apart Davis’ other arguments, a St. Louis Post-Dispatch editorial noted that most of the summer feeding program sites are actually hosted by churches and that the program, which is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, fed 3.7 million meals at a total cost of less than $9.5 million last summer — “a pretty good use of federal money.” (HT: DailyKos diarist Dem Beans)
    Think Progress » Missouri lawmaker on child hunger: ‘Hunger can be a positive motivator.’

And look she's wearing a cross too, how "Christian" of her. Bitch.
    Last edited by Mr. Authority; June 22nd, 2009 at 04:16 AM.

Let her ass go hungry for a long term period and see how it motivates her. No compassion at all. These are fucking kids we're talking about, a LOT of them are under 16 they can't go work at McDonalds.

Oh my God. If feeding hungry kids isn't even a worthy use of money in your eyes, you must have been born without a soul.

Did they dig that cunt out of the pages of a Dickens book? For fuck's sake, who thinks like that?
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^You took the words right out of my mouth. And yeah, fast food is great for those growing bodies and combatting the obesity problem. If I'm not wrong I believe Missouri is home to any number of chubby bitches. Let's lynch the heartless cowpat.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Oh my God. If feeding hungry kids isn't even a worthy use of money in your eyes, you must have been born without a soul.
    It's because those hungry kids were born poor and poor people are'nt worth anything. Never mind that kids under 16 are'nt permitted to work, according to this dumb twat, if you don't work to buy unhealthy crap at McD's then you don't deserve any taxpayer dollars. That's just how most Republicans think; the poor don't deserve free things because they "chose" to be poor and hungry.

Well,I think I have heard it all now. Witch with a capitol "b".
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What the fuck is wrong with her? Who thinks like that let alone spreads the vile shit around?
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

A hungry 12 year old will be motivated to sate that hunger. Seeing as the child can not get a legal job, what are the options? Theft, prostitution, drugs, and all those positive lines of work.

Let this bitch go without food for a month and tell me if her sustenance deprived body and, obviously, empty skull cavity can come up with some innovative ideas.

Ignorant whore.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    You nailed it. The woman who said that should be starved, slowly.

Elite Member

Ugh. Sanctimonious twat.

Exactly what jobs are these 16yo's supposed to be getting? All the traditional teen jobs are being taken by adults who can't find work and seniors who can't retire.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I knew it was a Republican before I even read the story.

And how the hell can she be the chairwoman of the Committee on Children and Families and turn around and say that hunger can be a positive motivator for kids?

A swift kick to your box could be a positive motivator too, dumbass.

Good representation, there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information