Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PETA wishes President Obama hadn't swatted that fly

Cool PETA wishes President Obama hadn't swatted that fly

PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

(06-17) 20:43 PDT WASHINGTON, (AP) --
    The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.
    PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.
    "We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."
    During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.
    "Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.
    "Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."
    Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.
    Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."
    Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

Default PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

WASHINGTON (AP) The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside."We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood. "Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead. "Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses. Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

The Associated Press: PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

This must be a GR first-you & NYCgirl posted this same thing at exactly the same time!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

haha that was so strange, I thought my post had gone through twice but then realized celeb posted the same article at the exact same time, great minds think alike I guess?

Forget PETA.. Mr. President, that was nasty, and unsanitary! EEW!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Silver Member

Oh, for God's sake, it was a fly, not a fluffy little kitten! Soon as I saw the event on TV I knew some group or other would get all bent out of shape over it. Boo hoo, live with it. We've all swatted at flies and I for one wish I had as good an aim as the President.

Elite Member

PETA should STFU.

PETA wishes President Obama hadn't swatted that fly
    Oh, STFU!!!!!!!!!!!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I swear this is the exact first thing I thought when I saw this story on teh news: Peta was going to go nuts. Fucking morons.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

For PETA, it's all about publicity. By saying something so absurd, they know that they will be covered by virtually everyone.

I wonder if they are against Listerine and antibiotics, too?

FLY?????? This has to be parody right??? Right???
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I'm sure PETA will now sue the president on behalf of the dead fly's little maggots
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Twit. Instead of worrying about a fly,he should be focusing on the pets they let die every year.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Peta is seriously nauseating.

PETA is a nuisance. Maybe they should be swatted for being idiots.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information