Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: David Letterman & Sarah Palin: war of words

Default David Letterman & Sarah Palin: war of words

In the wake of her recent visit to New York, David Letterman had some fun at the expense of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on The Late Show this week – but the governor and her husband, Todd Palin, aren't laughing.

On Tuesday's show, Letterman joked in his opening monologue that the governor visited Yankee Stadium, sitting in "far, far right field" with Rudy Giuliani. "They had a wonderful time," he continued. "The toughest part of her visit was keeping Eliot Spitzer away from her daughter."

That last bit, a reference to the disgraced former New York governor who was caught with a prostitute, went over like a ton of bricks in the Palin household. Alaska's first couple took to their Facebook page to post the following messages:

From Todd Palin: "Any 'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are despicable. Alaskans know it and I believe the rest of the world knows it, too."

'Disgusting'

From Governor Sarah Palin: "Concerning Letterman's comments about my young daughter (and I doubt he'd ever dare make such comments about anyone else's daughter): 'Laughter incited by sexually-perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/NY entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands – that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others.'"

On Monday, Letterman's "Top Ten Highlights Of Sarah Palin's Trip To New York," included the following: "Keyed Tina Fey's car" (No. 7), "Finally met one of those Jewish people Mel Gibson's always talking about" (No. 3), "Bought makeup from Bloomingdale's to update her 'slutty flight attendant' look" (No. 2) and "Especially enjoyed not appearing on Letterman" (No. 1).

David Letterman & Sarah Palin: War of Words - Late Show With David Letterman, David Letterman, Sarah Palin : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I assumed he meant Bristol, not the 14 yr. old.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Palin in a war of words with Letterman? That's not even a contest.

And the Palin's have 3 daughters, so why would they jump to conclusion that he was talking about the 14-year-old?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Palin in a war of words with Letterman? That's not even a contest.

And the Palin's have 3 daughters, so why would they jump to conclusion that he was talking about the 14-year-old?
    Because Willow Palin was the only daughter who went to the baseball game with her. She's 14 years old. Letterman also referred to the 14 year old as a prostitute for Elliott Spitzer.

You can hate Sarah Palin all you want. But saying those things about a 14 year old girl is just disgusting and wrong.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Because Willow Palin was the only daughter who went to the baseball game with her. She's 14 years old. Letterman also referred to the 14 year old as a prostitute for Elliott Spitzer.

You can hate Sarah Palin all you want. But saying those things about a 14 year old girl is just disgusting and wrong.
    If Letterman specifically named Willow then he was wrong. Hands down. I may hate Palin but going after her minor kids is wrong.

*shrug* LOTS of humor is disgusting and wrong .. it's called context. Dave's a hoot and Palin is a plague on our country.

C'mon now we all know he was talking about the slutty eldest daughter...Bristol..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

He said Willow Palin was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez during the 7th inning....so they didn't jump to conclusions.

Pick on Palin, she's a fair target, and in a position to defend herself. The equivalent joke about Barack Obama’s daughter would not be tolerated.

It used to annoy the shit out of me when people picked on Chelsea Clinton too.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

The joke doesn't make sense at all to me.

Bristol doesn't travel with Sarah Palin any more.

Spitzer is a democrat and doesn't hang out with Republicans.

Spitzer hired whores; he didn't molest teenagers.

It does sound like Letterman has kind of a vendetta.

Elite Member

She's such a dick.

[YOUTUBE]PB6UHs_id_Y[/YOUTUBE]
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    He said Willow Palin was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez during the 7th inning....so they didn't jump to conclusions.

Pick on Palin, she's a fair target, and in a position to defend herself. The equivalent joke about Barack Obama’s daughter would not be tolerated.

It used to annoy the shit out of me when people picked on Chelsea Clinton too.
    100% right.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    She's such a dick.
    Apparently, Letterman wants in on some of the "being a dick" action.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It does sound like Letterman has kind of a vendetta.
    Two nights in a row he joked about the kid, the Spitzer stuff and the A-Rod jokes, so yes, I would agree.

The adults are all fair game, the kids should not be. I don't care who's kid it is. IRL if I saw an adult picking on a child I would think 'what a dick'...this is no different to me.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    [youtube]PB6UHs_id_Y[/youtube]
    I'm more pissed off with Letterman for making me agree with Palin on anything after listening to that voice.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information