Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Powell Chief of staff: Iraq pre-war intel "a hoax"

Thumbs up Former Powell Chief of staff: Iraq pre-war intel "a hoax"

Bwahahahahahaha

Powell's Former Chief of Staff Lawrence Wilkerson Calls Pre-War Intelligence a 'Hoax on the American People' Tonight on PBS Program 'NOW'

Friday February 3, 12:19 pm ET

NEW YORK, Feb. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- In an interview airing tonight on the PBS weekly newsmagazine NOW, Colin Powell's former Chief of Staff Lawrence Wilkerson makes the startling claim that much of Powell's landmark speech to the United Nations laying out the Bush Administration's case for the Iraq war was false.

"I participated in a hoax on the American people, the international community, and the United Nations Security Council," says Wilkerson, who helped prepare the address.

The NOW report, which airs days before the third anniversary of Powell's speech, examines the serious doubts that existed about the key evidence being used by the American government at the very time Powell's speech was being planned and delivered.

"I recall vividly the Secretary of State walking into my office," Wilkerson tells NOW. "He said: 'I wonder what will happen if we put half a million troops on the ground in Iraq and comb the country from one end to the other and don't find a single weapon of mass destruction?'" In fact, no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq.
    Oh my, but the sharks are circling..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Re: Former Powell Chief of staff: Iraq pre-war intel "a hoax"

yeah no shit, "a hoax on the American people" sounds about right, exactly dead-on, and its a damn shame how many passive and blind sheep live in this country!

Old news. Wilkerson and many, many others said the same things last year in a CNN special report.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Yeah well nobody posted it here, so it's fresh meat
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think it was posted on the old board, the one before this one. Everybody was amazed for CNN showing such anti-Bush statements. Also, apparently, the CNN International version (the one I and others currently residing outside the USA saw) showed even more damning material than CNN USA.

***** celeb

Why would they be so shocked at CNN showing anti-Bush stuff? All the Republicans I know call it Communist News Network and only watch Fox News.

^^Funny, all my friends think CNN is completely right-wing, and that Fox is nothing more than a Republican party propaganda machine, and there are plenty of facts to support that.

I didn't realize that journalists who merely ask questions and report the news, which is their job, are now considered communists. Shades of the McCarthy era -- anybody who doesn't march in lockstep must be a commie! Besides, communism is dead. Surely they must have heard about the fall of the Berlin Wall.

I know, it's only television for Pete's sake. It's virtually impossible to be 100% objective in journalism - people need to be grown ups and form their own opinions from what's reported, not complain about the bias of TV reporters.

OK, sorry to hijack this thread, carry on!

Sorry if I did the kneejerk thing -- as a former reporter, I'm a little sensitive on this topic. There is a lot more bias in the news these days than there used to be. We were taught to keep ourselves, and our opinions, out of the story as much as possible.

I agree with that there is bias in the mainstream media. Don't know why but I think that when the public started going to the net for news (where the news would'nt be as censored or packaged as on TV), CNN and to an extent MSNBC decided to cop out and try to be like Fox News in terms of infotainment and right-wing garbage to get ratings. Too bad more people get their news of the net or papers then from those jokes called "News networks".

Topic: though it's old news, I agree with what Powell said. I always thought he did'nt fit in the Bush administration.

On topic: HWBL, did CNN do a follow up on what these people said last year?

Off topic:
    Interesting study recently published:
    "Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist"
    http://www.newsroom.ucla.edu/page.asp?RelNum=6664. I know you can skew the heck out of statistics (heck I did it with ice cream and drowning deaths), but it's interesting nonetheless.

^^ yeah, that study was a complete hoax too.. there was a big kerfuffle about it.

A*O

Colin Powell was never going to fit in with the Good Ole Boys because he has those old fashioned virtues, Honour and Integrity.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yeah, till he sold his soul to satan and joined Bush anyway, then got disgraced. He got what he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect
    On topic: HWBL, did CNN do a follow up on what these people said last year?
    Not that I know of. I'm trying to remember what the heck that special was called again. I remember I had the tube on in the background, but was doing something else so I only listened at first. Then it sank in what they were actually saying and I was glued to the set from then on, wondering how anyone who was watching it too, could still defend Smirky and his administration. I remember it was shown at a time that I still lurked over at another celeb board that was very pro Bush, and I remember over there they indeed STILL put a spin on it in defense of the current administration. Those folks did write off CNN as leftish, while on anti-Smirky boards the opinion was that CNN was getting closer to FOX with each broadcast......

***** celeb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information