Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obamas enjoy date night in NYC

Default Obamas enjoy date night in NYC

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama make their way to board Air Force One deore departing John F. Kennedy International Airport May 30, 2009 in NYC.
    Mandel Ngan / AFP / Getty Images

CelebNews@Usmagazine.com! - Obamas Enjoy Date Night in NYC
    ShareThis

Start spreading the news...
    Barack and Michelle Obama made their first trip to New York City since he took office, enjoying dinner and a Broadway play over the weekend.
    After both parents attended eldest daughter Malia's soccer match (her team won), they boarded a C-20 plane and arrived in the Big Apple Saturday afternoon. (A White House press spokesperson said that the President had "promised" his wife that he would take her to a Broadway show after the election was all finished.)

Their first stop? New York's West Village neighborhood, where they dined at Bluehill Restaurant.
    Fellow diner Eva Fleischer of Manhattan said she "had no idea" the Obamas would be there when she made her 5:30 p.m. reservations.
    "They had to pat us down," she told reporters outside the restaurant, which is known for its "locally grown fare."
    As the Obamas left, Fleischer recalled, the President said to her table, "'Hi, guys!' It was very exciting because we didn't expect to see him here. It was really neat."

Another diner, Susan Korchak of Manhattan, noted that Michelle "is very tall. She's just statuesque and gorgeous."
    Fan went wild as the two exited the restaurant. Blockades were set up to keep the crowds of people at bay on the streets. Several people weren't allowed to cross the street to get back to their apartment, but they were happy to wait it out. Dads had their kids up on their shoulders; others had their cameras out, hoping to catch a picture. There was even a helicopter flying in the sky. Some onlookers remarked that it was like the inauguration all over again.

After dinner, the Obamas then went to the Belasco Theater on West 44th Street, where they caught a performance of Joe Turner's Come and Gone - about a group of African-Americans coming to grips with the legacy of slavery - before flying back to the White House.

News - Obamas Enjoy Date Night in NYC | Usmagazine.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

how sweet!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Very nice...

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

That's cool.

Waits for the Republicans to blast Obama for 1) wasting taxpayer money & 2) neglecting his duties as president.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    That's cool.

Waits for the Republicans to blast Obama for 1) wasting taxpayer money & 2) neglecting his duties as president.
    Wait? There's no wait! Its already happened.

The GOP is so predictable, the liberals mine as well just say everything they know they're going to complain about before they do it to save time.

Good for them, Im sure they needed a date night. Gotta keep the romance alive. GOP needs to shut its face
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Obama's Broadway Date Night Seen as Unseemly

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Elite Member

Well, the problem is, of course, that the President can't exactly fly commercial. So when he goes on vacation he will be taken on Air Force One as well. Will the GOP have a problem with that? Probably.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Love her dress. It looks fantastic.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Wait? There's no wait! Its already happened.

The GOP is so predictable, the liberals mine as well just say everything they know they're going to complain about before they do it to save time.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I should've known they would already be bitching, since they were complaining about him being at his kids' soccer match.

I'm surprised he found time off between suppressing information and ordering his Dept. of Justice to defy court orders.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Damn, that is one big bitch! She looks nice here,though.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's good to know they still make time for date nights.
    I wonder if they made out en route to dinner. Lucky bitch, Michelle!

They are not under White House arrest. Of course it costs money,because of security & reporters that must tag along. I see no reason why they should not have a splurge-they deserve it fully! Both have put in long hours and accomplished so much in a short time.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I understand they need date nights but it does seem careless to spend so much for one night in the current climate. Bush used tax payer money each time he went to Texas for his month long vacations but at least that wasn't for one night. It seems they could have done it more responsibly.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information