Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gay marriage will cause straight people to commit (gay) adultery, say fundie nuts

Talking Gay marriage will cause straight people to commit (gay) adultery, say fundie nuts

It's bizarre. But it does show how twisted - and sexually screwed up - the religious right is. Who knew that so many religious right leaders were just aching to cheat on their spouses?

How does your neighbor’s same-sex marriage undermine your marriage?

Traditional societies depend on shared morals. Unfortunately, in modern times, democracies have traded absolute truths and collective morality for personal freedom.

Legal recognition for openly non-monogamous gay unions would effectively destroy the taboo on adultery. The result is a continual downfall of families and society.

Stanley Kurtz, a research fellow at Stanford University explains: “What we need to understand — but do not — is that gay marriage will undermine the structure of taboos that continue to protect heterosexual marriage — and will do so far more profoundly than either the elimination of sodomy laws, or the general sexual loosening of the past thirty years. Above all, marriage is protected by the ethos of monogamy — and by the associated taboo against adultery. The real danger of gay marriage is that it will undermine the taboo on adultery, thereby destroying the final bastion protecting marriage: the ethos of monogamy.”

Note how the bigots assume that gay marriages are per se non-monogamous, and that straight marriage are. It's the same argument the religious right's racist forefathers used to try to ban inter-racial marriages and support slavery, among other things (i.e., black men are lustful animals, they're not like you and me).

It really is fascinating, however, how quickly the religious right has pivoted from arguing that gays don't deserve civil rights because we're all sexbots, to now arguing that if gays are given incentives to be monogamous, straights will become sexbots.

Basically, they got nothin'.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    *facepalm* that doesn't even make SENSE
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Gold Member

I am so tired of seeing all the "I Love My Husband" and "I Love My Wife" bumperstickers but the worst ones are the Bathroom People bumperstickers that say: "Marriage=Man+Woman". Has anyone else seen these or are they only in Texas? Perhaps I'm only reading homophobia into the first two but there's really no other reason to advertise your love in this way, right? Somehow, "I love my Cabana Guy" works better, though (just made this one up). Tee hee.

A*O

No it's true. If a gay couple moved into my street I'd be very worried because my husband is such a spunk then both gay guys would hit on him immediately and give him gay germs so he'd turn gay too. True.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Oi, the stupidity never ends.

My husband has probably rubbed one out at the thought of walking in to me committing gay adultrey
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A*O

Oh no, no, no - girl on girl action isn't adultery, especially if a guy gets to watch. Now if he caught you fucking the pool guy....
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

The gay pool guy?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    No it's true. If a gay couple moved into my street I'd be very worried because my husband is such a spunk then both gay guys would hit on him immediately and give him gay germs so he'd turn gay too. True.
    I bet they'd go after my man faster! He's a super-dooper hunk, coming from hunkorama and causes even straight neighbours to make moves on him. He's a dick magnet.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

"If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Homosexuality does not promote adultery. Whoresexuality does. Don't marry a slut; adultery shouldn't be a problem. If adultery is ok, just as long as it is not gay, don't marry a person who is a slut on both sides of the fence.

Cheaters are one thing both hetero and homo share.

I'm curious.. do they think gay marriage will cause straight partners to cheat in a same sex fling, or a hetero fling?

or is it just cheating in general? lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ I'm reading it as gays will cause heteros to cheat with other heteros.

He's saying if gays marry, it will make heteros cheat because their gay's gayness will make them question their monogamy, causing them to either not keep their dick in their pants or their hand out their vagina willingly to someone other than their SO/spouse/etc.

but why would it make them question their own monogamy? that's the part that makes no sense lol

It seems to be linked to the ultra-right argument that the acceptance of homosexual behavior, including the glamorizing of it in mainstream media, will promote acting upon homosexuality. Common religious argument.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information