Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Democrats abandon gun control

Question Democrats abandon gun control

If they just abandon enough of their positions, everybody will like them. Uh huh. In all fairness, the gun control groups share the blame for this little fiasco. Where have they been the past ten years? Every year or so we have a major gun crisis in the news - e.g., Colombine, the DC sniper, the Virginia Tech massacre. And where are the gun groups when this happens? Politely sitting back quietly so as not to be seen to be "taking advantage" of the situation. But to some extent they can't help themselves. They're liberal. And liberals don't fight back. They don't seize opportunity. They play nice with a firm belief that in the end justice will prevail. Well, justice just bought herself a gun.

This is my larger concern about the health care reform debate, about gay rights, about every issue Democrats care about. Our large non-profit advocacy groups, on the whole, don't have what it takes to win. They don't know how to fight back. Hell, they don't want to fight back. They think fighting back is "mean." And cumbaya Democrats don't do mean. So, we talk tough like we always do, all the while our enemies know that when push comes to shove, Democrats and their non-profits will be the first ones to blink, like they always are.

Where are the big campaigns on health care, guns, gay rights, women's issues? Oh sure, some of them, like health care, "exist." But are they making news? Are they taking advantage of the random blips in the news cycle? Are they fomenting, and influencing, a national debate? Are they going for the jugular and putting the fear of God into their opponents?

Are they?

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    *ponder*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

While I do support more control concerning gun control, I do not support the right of a citizen to bear arms in their homes, cars, or on their person, if legally regulated. What I do wish to see is mandatory safety, training, and periodic certification in the use of handguns. Implemented with much more strict background checks and stiffer illegal arm possession penalties, there should be a start to what the gun control groups were aiming for, but going too far, with suggesting no gun ownership.

I some people that would literally starve to death if they lost their guns.

I fail to see why anybody needs a machine gun to hunt
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I never mentioned a machine gun.

Machine gun? Those are used for pest control.

Using a machine gun to hunt would tear the prey to bits and leave nasty metal shavings that would chip teeth. The rifle is so much more effective and one shot.

Well they let the ban gun on automatic weapons lapse back in the Bush days, and the Dems won't even return to that.

I think the Simpsons mocked the whole thing..'

"Assault weapons have gotten a bad rap lately, but they exist for a reason: to take out today's modern super animals, such as the flying squirrel and the electric eel!"

I am in favor of private gun ownership. Not machine guns. Not "street sweeper" type of rifles. Or landmines. And with registration and some kind of limit on the number of guns per household.

What confirmed this position for me was reading "The Black Book of Communism", which basically used recently opened Soviet archives to recount the atrocities of the Soviet regime (among other countries). What kept the Bolsheviks from immediately taking over all of Russia was private gun ownership. For years, huge pockets of Russia were able to resist the Government because they could defend themselves. To the point where Lenin issued an edict that said that if a gun was found in anyone's house, that the whole family was to be executed.

I'm not an NRA member, or even a gun owner myself, but I do think people should have that right.

^ There is no way all the guns would ever be collected in the US anyway. I know I would hide mine.

I don't know of a soul that supports machine guns or assult rifles!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Obama and the Dems need to bring back Clinton's ban on assault rifles. Because nobody outside of the government/military needs an assault rifle.

Seriously, automatic weapons? While there is no need for the private individual to possess automatic weaponry, for any reason, the extremist view of limiting the possession of all handguns is the mindset which causes a problem. Take AK's off the street. Please do. Don't come into the private citizen's home and take his glock.

If someone needs 120 shots to hit an immobile target,or hell the Flash, that person shouldn't have a gun anyway.

They say it when campaigning because it sounds good...like so many other things.

my state still bans assault rifles...NY has tough gun laws
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I am in a southern NRA state and the gun laws do not allow automatic weapons or any aftermarket alterations. You get caught, you will have a jail sentence.

I wonder if those who believe gun owners stock M-16's also believe we fish with hand grenades?

You can buy a AK 47 at the Pawn shop in front of my house. I shit you not, it was advertised on the sign this morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information