Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOM's latest retard ad: GAY MARRIAGE WILL TURN OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS GAY

Red face NOM's latest retard ad: GAY MARRIAGE WILL TURN OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS GAY

...according to two homophobic organizations in New Hampshire.

In an effort to stem the tide of same-sex marriage, the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) and Cornerstone Policy Research (CPR) have put out an ad encouraging Granite Staters to call their governor and tell them how much they don't like the idea of two dudes or two ladies tying the knot.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haVqcPfeqKI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

As we all know by now, every time gays are accused of something by religious fundamentalists, it usually means that they're already doing it, and usually more boldly. That applies to exploiting children.

Both NOM and CPR have a reputation that precedes them. Just this week CPR claimed that they called every single household in the state of New Hampshire and asked them what they thought about the "dangerous" same-sex marriage bill before the state. Even Focus on the Family has distanced themselves from the group.

NOM is famous for that "Gathering Storm" ad that everyone, including Stephen Colbert and Alicia Silverstone, parodied, as well as for signing up Miss California as a campaign spokesperson.

The ad uses child actors to send a message that same-sex marriage is an attack on children. It's a ridiculous line of argument (although I do have to say that using "Anna and Eve" as a slogan instead of "Adam and Steve" is just the kind of creative and nutty touch that sets NOM's ads apart from other homophobic organizations), but here it is.

The last line, the child who says "I'm confused," has to be the worst. They can't possibly mean that he's intellectually confused - kids don't even use that sort of language when they're discussing something they don't understand. When I was young, I usually just assumed I understood everything, and if I didn't there was a gulf between "I don't know" and "I'm confused."

Further, same-sex marriage wouldn't confuse kids anymore than any other type of family formation - kids aren't born with an expectation of heterosexual nuclear families in their gene code. They just see a family with two moms or two dads and keep on playing.

No, what that's referring to is something more along the lines of "sexually confused" or "gender confusion." Many gay people have been told at some point that they're just "confused" - even members of my family told me that when I came out. Since the ad is directed at an older generation (what with the "grandma"s and "grandpa"s mentioned in it), that sort of code would ring loud and clear for the intended audience.

And, for the implication that same-sex marriage will turn kids gay, this ad is below anything the Yes on 8 campaign produced. The Californian homophobes didn't engage in this level of fear-mongering at all.

Gay marriage will turn your kids gay... - Alex Blaze - Open Salon
    LOL so awesome
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Kids are in their own world. As long as the adults around love them & they are fed,with toys-they could care less what Big People do!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I think I feel gay. I've hung around Grimm too much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I think I feel gay. I've hung around Grimm too much lately.
    Great. That just means less competition and more dick for the male and female cockhounds on here! GO FOR THE PINK!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Damn, now you showed up, and made me want the cock again.

It makes me sick to see bigoted adults using children in their ad campaigns, it's like they're such cowards they can't speak for themselves. I asked my teacher (as a kid) if two men could get married, and was just confused when she said no. Kids really don't care and rarely hold bigoted beliefs, unless they're repeating things they've heard from parents.

The NOM is just pissed that people are catching on to the fact that our current marriage laws are denying people basic human rights. They're afraid of change.
    Last edited by nycgirl; May 15th, 2009 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirl View Post
    It makes me sick to see bigoted adults using children in their ad campaigns, it's like they're such cowards they can't speak for themselves. I asked my teacher (as a kid) if two men could get married, and was just confused when she said no. Kids really don't care and rarely hold bigoted beliefs, unless they're repeating things they've heard from parents.

The NOM is just pissed that people are catching on to the fact that our current marriage laws are denying people basic human rights. They're afraid of change.
    Well turn about is fair play...Gays could have ad campaigns with kids afraid of Fundies and conservative Religions and going to Church cause so many priests, preachers, ministers, etc. are child molesters. *They could have a big pic of the Pope in the background with a big X through the pic and 'Stranger Danger!!!" on it.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I remember the first time I came across a same sex couple. I asked my mom why my friend had two moms and was confused for all of 30 seconds until she explained it. I continued to play with her and several friends who had gay parents. In highschool my best friend had "teh gay" and was teased mercilessly for it, though he was closeted as best a teenage boy can muster. Went to an all female college program, attended a few same sex weddings, baptisms for babies with same sex parents, still have gay and lesbian friends. Anyhow, with all that exposure to teh gay from a young age, you'd think I'd catch it, nope, last time I checked, I prefer men. Maybe I have the antibodies. LOL

Straight marriage turned me into a life long bachelorette. Still straight though.

Sexual orientation isn't the swine flu.

Bronze Member

Clearly, gay people cause other gay people. Otherwise, where else would they come from?

We reproduce by fabulous fission
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Children are impressionable. With the gay life being glamorized and even fashionable, young children who want to be cool and fit in will choose a lifestyle which will find them hiding what they are and being treated horribly when they are found out.

We all know being straight means there is no way one will ever engage in sexual misconduct. Hets never rape or do something immoral, illegal, or insane where sexuality is concerned.

*waves white flag! sarcasm!*

So they'll dress and decorate well? It's not like kids have any idea about sex

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I thought you just got fat enough to become two people

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No Darling, spontanious combustion!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information