Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move over Mustard Gate, Star Trek Gate is Next!

Elite Member

Default Move over Mustard Gate, Star Trek Gate is Next!

Noblesse Oblige? The One Wants His OWN Star Trek Showing - Warner_Todd_Huston’s blog - RedState

Another jerk tries to make a federal case over nothing.

Noblesse Oblige? The One Wants His OWN Star Trek Showing

Posted by Warner Todd Huston (Profile)
    Saturday, May 9th at 4:58AM EDT

I suppose if I was the ruler of the free world, I’d want it too. I mean, if I controlled all I survey, if the nation bowed before me, if the illiterati gave an obedient chuckle at my every quip, yet paused thoughtfully at my pretensions at seriousness, if the world placed me on my rightful pedestal, I’d imagine that the producers of the hottest new movie premiering this month would be similarly overawed that I’d like to see their little film.

Certainly, were I the Übermensch-in-chief, I’d also imagine that these same film producers couldn’t possibly expect me to go to a public theater and be forced to sit with the “people” to see this flick, of course. I’d know that the film’s creators and stars would have the good sense not to expect me to have to sit among the sweaty, loud, unschooled masses, that great unwashed. These filmmakers are smart folks, after all I would know.

So, were I the king of the world, I too would give Paramount Pictures a call and demand that they set up a free, personal screening in my super cool movie house built especially for the president.

Of course, I’d have to jettison every ounce of self respect I have as well as fall to a nearly psychotic view of my own superiority to assume that the world should stop and cater to my every whim. I’d have to be completely unaware that my actions could easily be seen as one of arrogance, one that reveals a disregard for those I am supposed to be leading, one that ignores the concept of being a servant to the people.

With that in mind, what does one think when one reads Politico’s latest little report that reveals that President Barack Obama has called the Star Trek folks up asking for his own special, private screening of the franchise re-boot?

Of course, it all makes one wonder how one of Star Trek’s titular characters might view Obama’s demands? One might imagine that the self-centered assumptions of privilege would not be looked upon as anything other than a gross example of the human failing of arrogance born of a too healthy dose of self-esteem.

It’s all not very logical. No, not logical at all.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Oh for fuck's sake, Presidents have been calling in films since Hollywood first realized it was in their interest to suck ass in Washington. These people are looking more and more foolish.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Oh for fuck's sake, Presidents have been calling in films since Hollywood first realized it was in their interest to suck ass in Washington. These people are looking more and more foolish.
    No kidding. Even Hollywood stars regularly call studios for personal prints to show in their home theaters, because they don't like going to public theaters. Nothing new, nothing special and not even a special privilege for presidents anymore. Idiots.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Well,see-once upon a time, President Lincoln...
    Furthermore,I can't see him getting on the phone. Film companies offer-it's great PR if the POS sees their movie.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Pics of the Whitehouse theater through the years:

Family Theater - White House Museum
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Elite Member

I knew he'd want to see Star Trek!

I'm guessing he already knew Wolverine sucked.

Do you think the girls asked for a Hannah Montana showing?

I can hear Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity now: "Obama's an elitist who doesn't want to sit with the common people at the movie theaters."

LOL, ok let me write this down for the Nobama Rule Book:
    Going out among "real people" to see a movie is honorable and endearing.
    Going out among "real people" to get a burger is detestable and fake.

My god, what if he refused butter on his popcorn!???

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

What! Do they expect him to hit the local Regal theatre for a 8:00 showing? Fer f**k's sake. Presidents never go to the local theatres.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

God, I hate this kind of Republican. Sorry if I offend anyone, but damn. "Pretensions at seriousness???" Yeah, being erudite and serious is so fucking pretentious. Douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    What! Do they expect him to hit the local Regal theatre for a 8:00 showing? Fer f**k's sake. Presidents never go to the local theatres.
    Or the fact that if even attended the local cinema the security detail/costs would be a huge nightmare. But then these are total tossers who are literally scraping the barrel for any kind of dirt on Obama.
    At least find somthing substantial than moaning about mustard or requesting a movie. Twats!

Requests for spicy mustard and private viewings of films > War on "terra" and torture?
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I guess the Repukes forgot all about Jimmy Carter watching Midnight Cowboy, in the White House, already.

Well.. while we're on the topic..

"George Bush is a fan of the Austin Powers series and has been known to raise his little finger to his lips in imitation of the characters Dr Evil and Mini-Me...."

Family Theater - White House Museum

I guess these people prefer buffoons over "elitists".

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Or the fact that if even attended the local cinema the security detail/costs would be a huge nightmare. But then these are total tossers who are literally scraping the barrel for any kind of dirt on Obama.
    At least find somthing substantial than moaning about mustard or requesting a movie. Twats!
    No shit. Can you imagine what a logistical nightmare that would be? If he DID go to a regular theatre, it would undoubtedly have to be closed by Secret Service to the other moviegoers. And then they really would have something to bitch about. These people are ridiculous.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information