Thread: Sarah Palin's approval rating continues to tank

Default Sarah Palin's approval rating continues to tank

After the last six weeks of watching the Palin train cars derail one by one, in what can only be described as agonizing political slow motion, we’ve been waiting with curiosity to see what would happen when the latest Hays Research poll came out. The last poll numbers we had showed Palin’s approval rating at 59.8% (sum of very favorable and favorable ratings) and her approval index (very favorable minus very unfavorable) at +14.

Bear in mind that at one point, before people started paying attention, her approval rating hovered a hair under 80% and her approval index was an unheard of +40. Let’s take a look at what those numbers looked like last July before the nomination.

(whistles) No wonder the GOP was impressed. Little did they know about that not paying attention part.

I’ll cut Alaskans a little slack. We were coming off a bad relationship. Former governor Frank Murkowski left us wanting “anyone but Frank.” And that’s what we got. Be careful what you wish for, as the saying goes.

But her heretofore astronomical approval rating goes to illustrate a very important point. The idea of Sarah Palin got an 89% approval rating in this very red, very down to earth, very mavericky state. It’s when we started learning about the real her that the bloom was off the rose. And now, by the look of things, the petals are dropping pretty quickly.

Here are the latest numbers from Hays research. Approval rating 55% and Approval index at +6. Ouch.

And that, my friends, is what a crash in progress looks like. And now we ask the question, “So when does the burning start, and who took my marshmallows?”

The graph you see is the reflection of six weeks that included three ethics complaints, a disastrous and inappropriate pick for Attorney General, a petulant “appointment war” with Senate Democrats, rejecting and then accepting and then still rejecting part of the stimulus money, asking a sitting US Senator to resign and then denying it, flying out of state for a right to life dinner party during the last 3 days of the legislative session, and a host of other things including airing family dirty laundry and smacking down a teenager in the national media. And let’s not forget blaming bloggers for everything from ethics complaints to the rejection of her Attorney General pick… I could go on. Really, I could. Those were just the highlights.

Meanwhile, another Alaskan Republican woman in high office has been in the spotlight lately too. What happens when one of those go-getter feisty Alaskan political women has a sharp mind, a good work ethic, moderate views, an ability to work with people, and acts like an adult? Check it out.

Yes, that would be a 76% approval rating, and an approval index of +27. Alaska may have a golden girl, but it’s not the governor.

[Full survey results from Hays Research available HERE]Hays Research Group, Public Opinion Research Solutions for Alaska
    The Mudflats » Palin’s Approval Rating Crashes. When Does the Burning Start?

See ya! You betcha!

Palin's ratings are dropping faster than Bristol's panties did for Levi.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Palin's ratings are dropping faster than Bristol's panties did for Levi.

I don't think Palin would survive a primary challenge from Murkowski, but do you think Murkowski would run? Who else are potential challengers and how are they perceived?

Updated chart:

The Mudflats » Palin’s Approval Rating Crashes. When Does the Burning Start?

I don't know who would want to be governor. Walt Monegan? I don't think a Senator would give up her seat to be a lowly governor. They still have about a year and a half to emerge from the woodwork.

I should think by now,her approval rating was reduced to just her immediate family.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post

I don't think Palin would survive a primary challenge from Murkowski, but do you think Murkowski would run? Who else are potential challengers and how are they perceived?
    It'd be funny if Murkowski ran and beat Palin. That would be the final insult.

It still scares me to ponder how potentially close this vile moron was to the Vice Presidency.

Boss Rush Pig Limpballs is pushing her for Prez. Gotta keep her idiocy in the limelight.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Boss Rush Pig Limpballs is pushing her for Prez. Gotta keep her idiocy in the limelight.
    Rush's mouth keeps hurting the GOP.

Thread Information