Thread: 'New' GOP hires top Bush aides in effort to learn how to be 'new'. Seriously.

Red face 'New' GOP hires top Bush aides in effort to learn how to be 'new'. Seriously.

Republicans looking to recover from Bush-era defeats are turning to an unlikely source for advice: top aides to former President George W. Bush.

Former White House press secretary Dana Perino, former Bush counselor Ed Gillespie and former White House deputy press secretary Tony Fratto are among those set to provide words of wisdom to House Republican press secretaries at their annual workshop this Friday.

GOP House Conference Communications Director Matt Lloyd said Perino, Gillespie and Fratto represented “the gold standard for Republican communications professionals” and were obvious choices to advise the party’s messengers.

Yes, the Bush White House. The gold standard for Republican communications. So good at messaging, they handed the House, Senate and White House to the Democrats and brought the Republican party down to a shocking 20% self-identification.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    The stupid, it burrrrrrrns
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Perino, Gillespie and Fratto represented “the gold standard for Republican communications professionals” and were obvious choices to advise the party’s messengers.
    The gold standard?

Bronze Member

I think they're actually rather good at what they did. I mean, the reality was so much worse than what people reacted to. For example, the NYT still doesn't call torture, torture. Apparently there's a debate about whether or not its torture, just like there's a debate whether income taxes are constitutional.

Hmph. I wouldn't call that a debate so much as a bunch of bobbing and weaving.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Hmph. I wouldn't call that a debate so much as a bunch of bobbing and weaving.
    And nobody but a few crackpots think that the income tax is unconstitutional

Thread Information