Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young Republicans... scary.

Thumbs down Young Republicans... scary.

Today was the first day for the new saviors of the GOP to show their stuff:

Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and rising star Rep. Eric Cantor (Va.) explained their vision for reviving the GOP to a mostly young crowd that packed into a pizza restaurant on Saturday morning.

The leaders said the purpose of the session was to find out first-hand the pressing concerns of voters around the country and to discover solutions that rely on free-market principles and individual responsibility.

But, the new GOP sounds a lot like the old GOP:

The leaders received positive feedback from the crowd, which included reporters, Republican aides and their friends, but not many new ideas.

On the subject of education, one attendee declared that “people learn more from listening to Rush Limbaugh than they do in high school or college.”

It always come back to Rush.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    That's the most depressing thing I've read all week.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Rush's day will come. Maybe not tomorrow or the next day, but it'll get here. Karma's a bitch slave.

Bronze Member

Fascinating definition of 'learn', isn't it.

Disgusting. They go around spreading ignorance hoping to profiting off of those who believe their lives, and have no concern about their well being, much less about those who dare stand in their way. I'm surprised they didn't round up all their textbooks to incinerate in the pizza ovens.

And the GOP continues to become more irrelevant by the day.

depends.. there's a whole new generation of fucking idiots out there graduating high school not knowing how to read, write, or think.

Ample fodder for a resurgent GOP in a few years.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

At the rate the GOP is heading toward more right-wing extremism, and with the way demographics are trending, a new generation will only keep them as a regional party if they don't make some drastic changes.

The GOP is alienating liberal/moderate whites and all minority groups, which are the groups they need to become resurgent again.

Elite Member

Sad. If they keep going this way, the GOP will be irrevelant for decades to come.

It is very depressing to think that young Republicans are getting their education/indoctrination from a guy who (as far as I know), not only never finished college, but never held office of any kind, and never really held any kind of political position. Instead, he is a opportunistic, self-aggrandizing polemicist -- delivering daily diatribes that are cynically inaccurate, and create a polarizing political climate.

And by the way, I don't know if someone already posted it here, but the latest conservative "savant" Glenn Beck is another boob, who stumbled into this arena because he was bad at everything else. From what I read, he was a "Morning Zoo" deejay before becoming a political guy. For the benefit of Canadians who aren't familiar with the Morning Zoo radio format, it's basically a comedic radio program with lots of sound effects and stunts and fart noises.

he was on the Morning zoo in the late 80's.
    Our stations in tampa Bay started airing his political show in 2000, he went national in 2002. He was on CNN in 2006 and this year moved to Fox news. I read he has an audience of 100 million!!!
    He also has a comedy tour around the country and during the holidays The Christmas Sweater is a sellout at each venue...
    Im not a fan of his anymore. My sis who is Morman as is he got me listening to him years ago but I dont care for him anymore. Yeah he is pretty much a boob
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Whatever.. another generation to carry on the waving banner of utter stupidity.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

It's a shame about Beck, because he can be funny. When he pokes fun at himself and his listeners I always laugh. That being said I'm a liberal and he angers me to no end. Living in San Diego we have NO, I repeat NO progressive radio stations. Twice a week I drive 50 miles up to visit my grandkids. After listening to these assholes, my blood pressure is through the roof. I don't listen to PBS because I can't get it on my old (1984) car radio and I need to stay awake while driving. LOL My kids got me a MP2 player so when I learn to podcast I can listen to "leftwing liberals"
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

There isn't a Pacifica station?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

this is the only post that my comment makes sense in: if you get a chance, watch today's Meet the Press online. They had Joe Scarborough and another moderate Republican on. Its was interesting to hear them discuss why their party has been weeded out.

Their point is that, for example, the Dems are happy to support a Dem in a Catholic district who may still be pro-abortion. Dems accept Dems by self-identification. The GOP has gotten to a place of turning their back on anyone who disagrees with the entire party platform. They referenced the 'big tent' philosophy regularly.

I don't agree with the GOP but it was nice to see an intelligent, grounded discussion about the future of their party. Its a great interview- check it out if you get a chance.

Explains it all, doesn't it?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information