Thread: National Org. of Marriage (fundie nutjobs) backing away from Miss California already?

Red face National Org. of Marriage (fundie nutjobs) backing away from Miss California already?

Is the National Organization for Marriage now distancing themselves from Miss California Carrie Prejean? That's how it appears in this press release issued...

NOM on Carrie Prejean: She Doesn't Speak for Us - Towleroad, More than gay news. More gay men

could someone repost he article, i'm blocked here at work
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Is the National Organization for Marriage now distancing themselves from Miss California Carrie Prejean? That's how it appears in this press release issued today.

“A number of media sources have described Carrie Prejean as a spokesperson for the National Organization for Marriage. As we made clear at our press conference yesterday: Carrie appeared with NOM as a private citizen; she does not work for the National Organization for Marriage. She is a spokesperson for her own views, as anyone watching her can tell. We are grateful to Carrie Prejean for her willingness to stand up for marriage. We would love to work with Carrie in the future if she chooses, and we wish her well in all her future endeavors whatever she chooses. We're proud of her. Americans are proud of her. She is a remarkable young woman. Thank you, Carrie."
    No doubt they're on to brainstorming their next dud of an ad.

Interesting.

"oh honey, we don't want to work with you now or ever, bless your heart."

That's what I got out of it
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yeah, me too.

You know it's bad when they could get a lot of publicity from her and still don't care to use her.

Maybe her frankenboobies skurred them

Awwww, not even her Brothers In Hate want to work with an incoherent, dull-witted beauty queen.

...maybe she should go work for Sarah Palin.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I keep wondering when the Miss California organization is going to pull her back in line. She still represents the state, and I bet there are restrictions on what she can promote and what other jobs she can accept while holding the title.

Isn't this scatterbrain's 5 minutes up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I keep wondering when the Miss California organization is going to pull her back in line. She still represents the state, and I bet there are restrictions on what she can promote and what other jobs she can accept while holding the title.
    Billy Bush asked Shannon Moakler about that last week. Shannon said they have been trying to reach Miss California or her people but they have not returned phone calls. She pointed out that Miss California has legal obligations to fulfill and would have to be replaced if she did not do so.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Billy Bush asked Shannon Moakler about that last week. Shannon said they have been trying to reach Miss California or her people but they have not returned phone calls. She pointed out that Miss California has legal obligations to fulfill and would have to be replaced if she did not do so.
    Which would be promptly spun as 'evil liberals' oppressing her for not agreeing with same sex marriage.

Elite Member

Do they not realize that they are no better than her? LMAO

Thread Information