Thread: GOP head Michael Steele agrees with Rush Limbaugh that moderate Repubs should GTFO

Wink GOP head Michael Steele agrees with Rush Limbaugh that moderate Repubs should GTFO

Well, then maybe we can make a good thing even better. Olympia, you're always welcome, glyka-mou.

So, come on, all you guys over at the DNC, you're paying Steele off, right? I mean, invoking Limbaugh and agreeing with him that moderate Republicans are "dead weight" that are better off being run out of the party - I mean, seriously. It's difficult to overplay how significantly stupid of a move this is for party chair Michael Steele, and the GOP overall. Now, granted, there aren't too many moderates left in the GOP, so maybe Steele and Limbaugh think there's no point in worrying about moderates leaving when they've already left. But still. I would think the Republicans aspire to more than a 20% share of the electorate.

So then Steele is saying that he agrees that the Democrats gaining another seat in the Senate, their 60th in fact, is a good thing, and what's more, he agrees that John McCain should leave the party too? That's what Rush said. That's what Michael Steele agreed with, in his sycophantic effort to suck up to the remaining extremists in the GOP. Let me remind you of what Rush said exactly:

"A lot of people say, 'Well, Specter, take [Sen. John] McCain with you. And his daughter [Meghan]. Take McCain and his daughter with you if you're gonna…" he told listeners, dissolving in laughter.

"…..It's ultimately good. You're weeding out people who aren't really Republicans," he said.

I'm sorry, but this is all just too delicious. To think a year ago we had the chimp as president, global warming denialism as the state religion, and now the Republicans are in ruins, and going south fast. Absolutely delicious.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    LOLZ
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

The incredible shrinking party! Keep getting smaller, idiots - it helps the other side, lol.

The reason why Micheal Steele got elected is because the man has balls.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

No, the reason he was elected was because he's an uncle Tom. They wanted a black face to counter Obama.

So far, all he's done is be stupid and suck up to Limbaugh. He's not as dumb as, say, Jindal, but he's not far off. He makes critically stupid strategic errors.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

But he makes people think about stuff, eveytime he says something any of the party doesn't agree with it. Discussions lead to thinking, and it's not bad for the party to be shaken up every now and then. And a black man being a republican doesn't make them an Uncle Tom...it just means they are more conservative.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

how does he make people think about anything? He hasn't said or done anything of note. All he's done is apologize to Limbaugh and agree with whatever that fat sack of crap says.

and no, he's an uncle tom, and half the party hates his ass as a result

the few comments I have heard from him have cause quite a tizzy. He says what he thinks, not what they want him to say. Of course, in the case of Rush, they made him apologize, which was silly, not everyone likes Rush, or has to agree with him...but he still says exactly what he thinks. I like that.

but what he says is usually stupid. that's the funny part. kudos for saying what he thinks (except to rush) but it would probably help if he THOUGHT ABOUT what he said before saying it.

At least he isn't a Moonie.

Elite Member

Default re

No, honey. Rush has his balls. We've been through this.

I mean, seriously. It's difficult to overplay how significantly stupid of a move this is for party chair Michael Steele, and the GOP overall.
    This statement should just be rubber-stamped on everything that Steele and the GOP say or do.

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    No, he got elected because he's a ball-less wonder who happens to be the same color as Obama. If Obama weren't president there would be no Steele. The GOP tried the same 'black-vs-black' tactic against Obama in 2004 with Alan Keyes.

^^Exactly...He is an Uncle-Tom, the man never came near other black people..until he ran for Senate.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Siding with the extremists is really going to attract those black votes & others they were going after when they 'opened up the party' with Michael Steele.

Although what with voter apathy and suppression, a well-organized extremist minority could prove dangerous as a bloc.

Thread Information