Thread: Israeli foreign minister: "Believe me, America accepts all our decisions"

Thumbs down Israeli foreign minister: "Believe me, America accepts all our decisions"

Ben Smith's Blog: A. Lieberman: 'America accepts all our decisions' - POLITICO.com

A. Lieberman: 'America accepts all our decisions'

A perhaps underplayed weekend story: Israeli foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman suggested in an interview with a Russian paper that the country won't be pushed around by the Obama administration.

"Everything depends on how the Israeli government behaves, what measures it will take to prevent terrorism," he said in an interview with a Russian paper. "Believe me, America accepts all our decisions."

Lieberman also harped on a central campaign plank that his U.S. allies have said he would downplay. A central question of a two-state solution, he said, is "what to do with the Israeli Arabs?" He's especially concerned, he said, with the Israeli Arabs who lack "loyalty to the Israeli state" who "help terrorists" and who deny Israel's right to exist.
    (via Haaretz)
    Can one administration change foreign policy about Israel?

I know Obama won't, because he is a moderate and feels the need to not piss of the far right too much (personally I doubt he is one of those kind of politicians who truly thinks we need to aid Israel) but say if he weren't...could an administration stop supporting Israel, or is the decades of support from America too strong to attempt to override/disown this ordeal?

Israeli yearly budget: $73 billion
    American aid to Israel: $2.5 billion

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    could an administration stop supporting Israel?
    Stopping the support for Israel would be like giving up on the Middle East altogether. No administration can afford that.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

"Believe me, America accepts all our decisions."
    If this was true, then why does Israel keep talking about what they expect from Obama and how they won't be pushed around by him?

Elite Member

Those settlements have to go - Obama needs to put a stop on the account until the Israeli's fall in line.

Thread Information