Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC Tea Bag Party protestors shut down by Secret Service

Default DC Tea Bag Party protestors shut down by Secret Service

DC Tea Party Protest Shut Down By Secret Service, Package Thrown Over White House Fence (VIDEO)

HuffPost has comprehensive coverage of the Tax Day Tea Party protests. Click here for the latest photos and video.
    UPDATE 2:15 P.M. The second tea party protest in Washington, D.C., outside the White House, was just shut down by police. A Secret Service agent told Huffington Post's Arthur Delaney that a demonstrator had thrown a package over the fence onto the White House lawn. Below is video of an organizer explaining the protest cancellation.
    UPDATE 2:40: The conservative protesters were allowed to return to an area around the White House after a robot was used to open the package that had been thrown onto the lawn.
    * * * * *EARLIER:
    The Tea Parties here in Washington DC are off to a roaring start, right? Not really. Right now, the Tea Parties are contending with a number of terrible struggles, which this report from Fox News documents.
    In the first place, the big event of the day was to be the dumping of one million teabags. The Washington Post notes that this was originally supposed to happen at the Potomac River but was shifted to Lafayette Park because of issues of legality. And seriously, why anyone thought it would be legal to further pollute the Potomac is beyond me.
    But! As it turns out, the alternate plan -- 1. Take a million teabags to Lafayette Park, 2. Dump them on a tarp, 3. Yell at them, 4. Clean up the teabags -- also isn't happening, because of permit issues.
    According to reports, the truck filled with teabags pulled up to Lafayette Park, but didn't have a permit, and so they were loaded back on to the truck and driven off to an undisclosed location.
    Story continues below

Also, the plan to have a second rally in front of the Treasury Department was scotched after the Secret Service objected.
    So, this epochal day is off to an amazing start. And somewhere out there, a truck full of teabags rolls on, destination unknown, into an uncertain future.
    [WATCH.]

UPDATE: HuffPost's Arthur Delaney was in attendance at the DC tea bag protest and has many more details:
    * * * * *Tea party protesters braved some very uncooperative weather Wednesday to join a tax day tea party in a park next to the White House in Washington, D.C. Several hundred protesters (an event organizer tallied no fewer than 1,500 attendees) withstanding driving rain to chant slogans and wave signs decrying government spending and taxes.
    "Hell no, we won't pay!" they chanted.
    "I'm here to protest the spending and the taxes and the government running the private affairs of private industries," said Steve, 51, a computer programmer who took the day off to drive from Northern Virginia and pay "a big chunk of money" to park in a downtown garage. "I'm here to protest the bailing out of companies when they should be going bankrupt."
    Steve came prepared. He'd waterproofed his sign, which depicted 1990s sitcom icon Steve Urkel saying "Did I do that?" next to a downward-sloping stock market graph. The other side of his placard showed Obama with a long Pinocchio nose.
    Rain aside, the event hit a few snags. The original plan had been to dump a million teabags onto the ground, but authorities shot that down. There was also supposed to be a second event outside the Treasury department, but authorities said no to that as well. Chalk it up to the fickle D.C. police department.
    "We thought we had a permit but then they were like, 'No, you don't,'" says organizer J. Peter Freire.
    Many tea partiers stressed that they were not attacking the administration from the Right.
    "My sign is non-partisan," said Jill, who took a day off from her job in the insurance industry to commute from Woodbridge, Virginia. Her sign said she was registered to vote and that Congress was in trouble. "I'm hoping this is a non-partisan event."
    Another non-partisan attendee, 29-year-old Abraham Mudrick, says he flew in from Oregon just for the tea party. "There were plenty of tea parties in Oregon, but I wanted to be in the belly of the beast," he told the Huffington Post.
    Freire told the Huffington Post that while famous types like Alan Keyes were scheduled to speak at the event, they were given not given better billing than regular folks who wanted to talk. At one point, a speaker yelled out, "To hell with the Left!"
    The crowd responded with a chant: "USA! USA! USA!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_187243.html

Last edited by cmmdee; April 16th, 2009 at 09:31 AM.

At one point, a speaker yelled out, "To hell with the Left!" The crowd responded with a chant: "USA! USA! USA!"
    Yeah, no right-wing retardation here at all.

These people need to go back to school. Badly.

... if they ever went in the first place.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oh goodness gracious, this just keeps getting better and better.

"the belly of the beast" BWHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

OK, first of all:
    He'd waterproofed his sign, which depicted 1990s sitcom icon Steve Urkel saying "Did I do that?" next to a downward-sloping stock market graph
    The economy has been crashing for a year and a half now at LEAST, it has NOTHING to do with OBAMA, how do these tards not understand something so simple????
    And, I'm sorry but:
    "Hell no, we won't pay!" they chanted.
    It's not catchy and it doesn't even rhyme. They could have at least put some thought and effort into it if it's such an important cause to them.

For some strange reason some of these people have forgotten that Dubya caused a great deal of this debt. But, let's protest now.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Why do you all think they are protesting now?

They really sound like a bunch of fucking loons. I think they should all be forced into a 48 hours lockup and then get an evaluation. hehe

I'm guessing the elders of the tea industry were more than happy to cooperate with whoever manufactured this charade to be joined by the under $250,000/year lemmings. I do love the idea of angry conservatives running around with their teabags dangling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Why do you all think they are protesting now?

They really sound like a bunch of fucking loons. I think they should all be forced into a 48 hours lockup and then get an evaluation. hehe
    I seriously think they're protesting the election of a Democrat to POTUS, but using the economy, taxes, and bailouts as an excuse...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

They should have known throwing an unmarked box over the fence at the WH was a bad idea.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Also, one of our brave readers, Kim, ventured to the teabagging festivities here is DC and sent this report:

I had the day off, so I figured what better way to spend a rainy Wednesday afternoon than by attending the Washington DC Teabag rally in front of the White House. And, after about 20 minutes there, I figured out what they want.

They want, in no particular order:

To "teabag the D-bags"

An end to the IRS, the Fed and the SEC

No public officials who are members of secret societies.

An end to satanific (or satanirific and satanomic-I can't remember) Masons.

An end to Shylockean usury (I was going to point out that Bush was a member of a secret society at Yale until this one came up. I'm Jewish, so I figure it was best to keep my head down)

An answer as to why Obama flew to Denver to sign a piece of legislation if he cares about the environment so much (I surmise > this is because it required fuel to get there)

To see Obama's birth certificate.

An end to the council on foreign affairs. (relations?)

To know if you can feel the revolution, cause this must be what it felt like in 1776.

To throw the "bumbs" (thats a direct quote from a poster I saw there) out of Congress, including Clinton...
    Plus, some lady was there holding a sign proclaiming her affinity for capitalism. Something, from the looks of her, that she loves only slightly less than her plastic surgeon. Some kid who was maybe 12 years old wants to know if you remember Jimmy Carter. And, a 4 year old just wanted to get out of the rain, or she was crying so loudly because her parents tax burden is just sooooo unbearable.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    re

tard

ed
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    They should have known throwing an unmarked box over the fence at the WH was a bad idea.
    They should have protested 2 years ago!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Elite Member

They should have protested 2 years ago!!
    Word.

These teabaggers holed me up in traffic this morning. I was wondering what the hell was going on because these fools stood in the street chanting "NO MORE TAXES!" or some bullcrap.

I'm in my car thinking "WTH were you people when Bush was spending all our money!?" Bunch of idiots protesting for stupid crap way too later. Whatever.

Obama's election has really driven some people off the deep end. Because these idiots had EIGHT YEARS to protest, but did nothing as Dubya and the Republicans drove us into debt.

Even when the Dems took control of Congress in 2006-07 they didn't protest. Obama's in office for less than three months and now it's all about protesting. Now, let's sit back and watch the GOP continue to implode.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    These teabaggers holed me up in traffic this morning. I was wondering what the hell was going on because these fools stood in the street chanting "NO MORE TAXES!" or some bullcrap.

I'm in my car thinking "WTH were you people when Bush was spending all our money!?" Bunch of idiots protesting for stupid crap way too later. Whatever.
    Taxes for destruction and war = Yay!
    Taxes for assistance and peace = Grab your guns, we're going teabagging!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information