Thread: Mortar shells fired at US congressman in Somalia

Default Mortar shells fired at US congressman in Somalia

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090413...estusdiplomacy

MOGADISHU (AFP) US congressman Donald Payne came under mortar fire Monday as he was leaving in a plane from Mogadishu airport, but no one was injured in the attack, an African Union official told AFP.
    "The plane of the congressman was leaving and the mortars started falling. There were no casualties, but the attack was aimed at the congressman. He flew out safely," the AU official told AFP on condition of anonymity.
    Payne, congressman from New Jersey and a member of the foreign affairs committee, arrived in Mogadishu hours earlier for talks with President Sharif Sheikh Ahmed and his prime minister on rampant piracy off the country's coast.
    His visit came the day after US forces shot dead three of four Somali pirates who had been holding an American captain hostage for five days in the Indian Ocean.
    A Somali pirate chief earlier Monday threatened to target Americans in revenge for the rescue of a US captain in a dramatic operation that saw naval snipers kill his captors.
    At a press conference earlier, Payne called for broader efforts against piracy off the lawless country's coast and defended Sunday's action that ended the five-day hostage standoff.
    "Illegal activities must be dealt with, if you don't deal with criminal behavior then they will continue," he added.
    Somali pirates have taken advantage of good weather to increase their attacks in recent days, despite the presence of an international task force set up to defend vessels in what is one of the world's busiest shipping lanes.

How stupid can people be? Don't they know the U.S. will fuck them up?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

the last time the US was in Somalia it got its ass handed to it.

true, it cost the somalis about 10 times the number of US dead to do it, but they did it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That was a ground offensive with the idea of securing rebel leaders and saving the "people" from persecution. If the object is to kick ass, not one American soldier will have to set foot on their soil.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

if that was so, iraq would have ben done by air.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

But the object of Iraq was to capture Saddam and his coterie, so not true.

I take that back, I don't know what the fuck Bush's objectives were, he lied about them so often.

well first it was to get WMD's, then it was to get Saddam cuz he caused 9/11, then it was humanitarian, then it was to make Iraq a US ally, dominoe effect... on and on it went

Thread Information