Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Republicans on this board.... any at all???

Default Any Republicans on this board.... any at all???

Just wondering b/c everytime I think I can fight the good fight on the politics boards I am so outnumbered

Am I the only one who voted Republican this go round. I don't vote for the party but for the candidate so I am not a true advocate of one party.

Any republicans here .... going once, going twice
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

You're brave to post that in the politics forum. Republicans tend to get beat up on in these threads.

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. I'm Libertarian. I did vote for Obama, but I'm starting to wonder if that was a HUGE mistake. I just lowered the red flag, let the bulls come in and charge me!
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I know I just entered the " glutton for punishment " zone but I just had to ask LOL
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

They're here, but don't say much. It's like throwing chum in the water.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Yea I think they feel a bit intimidated because they do tend to get jumped on harshly. Sometimes I feel it's unfair, but to be honest a lot of the stuff I post is critical of republicans and whatnot. But I don't mean anything personal against anyone's political beliefs here or elsewhere.

Or something.

I don't find it personal just frustrating. Like I said I know this was either a brave move or an act of stupidity on my part but hey if ya don't ask, ya don't know right. LOL

It's all good. Just as I said whether the homework is done or not it gets frustrating at times to the point where you say to yourself "why bother I didn't come on here to get beat up verbally".
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

TDKgirl is a Republican. I think it might just be you and her, and Sparkly.

My problem with "republicans" is this.

Republican politicians, by and large, say and support stupid things. I'm not talking stuff that straddles the line, or complex social issues that have to be hashed out. i mean blatantly stupid shit that ANYBODY should know is totally wrong. It's like they're devoid of even the merest hint of common knowledge, and when confronted just make shit up.

They love war, they love retarded economic platforms that make NO sense and when put into practice, destroy the economy.. they're all for taking rights away from people, all the while bleating about THEIR rights. THey're for big oil, pollution.. these days, they're all for anti-intellectualism, theocracy and other insanities.

They're for invading your homes, telling you who you can or cannot love, what you can do in bed, but amazingly have a problem whern the government starts intruding on their money. It's like a circus of hypocrisy.

Half of them don't even know what they're talking about. They get on TV and say things that are so abominably idiotic that you just have to wonder if they really ARE that stupid, or uneducated. I mean, let's look at the raft of republican nutjobs. Bachman, Bush, Steele, MCSame, Palin... i mean.. is that who you want representing you? Are those the people that embody your views?

So i have to wonder: why would anybody VOTE for THAT?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think Southernbelle is a Republican too. There's a few around....

there are a lot of posters that come in this section, but never ever post.

some of them are bound to be republicans. the law of averages and all.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Republican politicians, by and large, say and support stupid things. I'm not talking stuff that straddles the line, or complex social issues that have to be hashed out. i mean blatantly stupid shit that ANYBODY should know is totally wrong. It's like they're devoid of even the merest hint of common knowledge, and when confronted just make shit up.

They love war, they love retarded economic platforms that make NO sense and when put into practice, destroy the economy.. they're all for taking rights away from people, all the while bleating about THEIR rights. THey're for big oil, pollution.. these days, they're all for anti-intellectualism, theocracy and other insanities.

They're for invading your homes, telling you who you can or cannot love, what you can do in bed, but amazingly have a problem whern the government starts intruding on their money. It's like a circus of hypocrisy.

Half of them don't even know what they're talking about. They get on TV and say things that are so abominably idiotic that you just have to wonder if they really ARE that stupid, or uneducated. I mean, let's look at the raft of republican nutjobs. Bachman, Bush, Steele, MCSame, Palin... i mean.. is that who you want representing you? Are those the people that embody your views?

I can't say I agree with all you just described. I can see the same things that you just mentioned in both parties in some degrees.

I don't think it is as cut and dry as you make it out to be. I don't think politics is the politics your grandma once had ( just a saying). I think things are alot more intense now then in the past. I see some history reoccuring itself again and I can't say I put all the blame on one party or president at this point but rather years of clean up on both sides.

At the risk of repeating myself I don't think it is as cut and dry as you just described. Except for some of the hard core party beliefs mentioned above ie: military spending and such I see some of what you mentioned being done in both parties ie: what to think, who to love, in the direction of taking rights away and giving rights where there may not be rights warranted, involved in war current and past. I don't think people for the most part vote "straight any party" anymore like maybe their families always did in the past. I think more and more people are voting for the candidate and not necessarily for the party. So to pigeon hole and stereotype a particular party doesn't make any sense to me anyway. For me my vote comes from listening to the platforms of each person running and not so much the history of the party. I don't always vote for the same party in every election and I have to say there were NO great bargains this go round AT ALL. It is sad that John Q. Public couldn't run b/c then maybe that person would truly know how the American lives and not some person who claims to but really doesn't imo.

but I thank you and everyone else for responding so respectfully to my thread
    Last edited by viggofan; April 11th, 2009 at 02:27 PM.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Isn't Crumpet a repub?
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    You're brave to post that in the politics forum. Republicans tend to get beat up on in these threads.

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. I'm Libertarian. I did vote for Obama, but I'm starting to wonder if that was a HUGE mistake. I just lowered the red flag, let the bulls come in and charge me!
    So true... I voted for Obama (my first election actually), but personally I can't stand the way those who present dissenting opinions around here get beat up, it's incredibly childish. One thing I've learned is to respect everyone else's opinions and to not take politics personally, but apparently some people don't feel that way. The group-think mentality and the way anyone who doesn't agree with the majority is treated is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Why is stereotyping all Republicans OK? Would you want to be called a "bleeding heart liberal" who supports late term abortion, sympathizes with terrorists and hugs trees? Of course not... so why is it considered acceptable to generalize all Repubs with the most extreme examples of their party? There are some Republicans who genuinely believe in the small role of the central government- but who may not have supported Bush or the war. Just like some democrats dislike Bill Clinton.

that is what I also mean by frustrating at times. I have noticed that if a person gives their opinion about the president or the government as it stands now and it is not the popular opinion then the poster is shot down with both barrels. This is why I don't like to go onto the political threads too much and give my opinion about how I view the current state of our leaders and government. G-d bless anyone else who can.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirl View Post

There are some Republicans who genuinely believe in the small role of the central government- but who may not have supported Bush or the war. Just like some democrats dislike Bill Clinton.
    Excellent point. I know a lot of repubs here in NY that are pro choice, pro gay marriage, very open minded people, who aren't in the least socially conservative. But they are repubs.

Like anything, there are degrees.

I've always felt it comes from having only two large parties. Not everyone has a party that really represents all they believe.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information