Thread: Michelle Obama's mother leads daughter's fan club

Default Michelle Obama's mother leads daughter's fan club

A mother's pride shines through as Marian Robinson speaks about the historic role now being played on the world's stage by her daughter, Michelle Obama.
    While Robinson, 71, admits that what Obama, 45, faces is "overwhelming," the "first mother-in-law" also tells the May issue of Essence, on sale Friday, "I never doubted that she could do this. She is doing it with such grace and dignity. So I am just proud. I just hope she does what she wants to do."
    In one touching and amusing revelation, when asked what her late husband, Fraser Robinson II, would make of this particular moment in history starring his very own offspring, Robinson replies: 
"You would not be able to shut him up! He would not be able to stand this. He would be beaming until you would just want him to stop talking."
    Robinson says her husband, "bragged about Michelle and her brother, Craig, before they had even done anything. He always encouraged them, and when he talked about Craig and Michelle, you could just see a smile on his face whether it was there or not. He just enjoyed these two people."

Tender and Protective

The joint interview with the First Lady and Robinson who resides with the Obamas in order to smooth the transition into Washington life for her granddaughters Sasha, 7, and Malia, 10 took place in Michelle Obama's office inside the White House. Essence's editor-in-chief, Angela Burt-Murray, posed the questions and also observed the natural affection between the two women, who shared private jokes and were also very tender and protective of one another during their photo shoot.
    As told by Obama, that mother-daughter dynamic has always been in place. 
"I always felt that my father and my mother were unconditionally rooting for me," says the First Lady. "And kids need that. Looking back, that played such a huge role in building confidence in me and my brother very early. Whether we succeeded or failed, we had two people who lifted us up and supported us. There was never anything that I could imagine that I would need that they wouldn't bend over backward to make sure that we had."
    Having that "sense of security," says Obama, "allows you to take risks. People think that it comes from wealth or generations of access and success, but it doesn't. The security of your parents' love really gives you the foundation to think that you can fly. And then you do."

Michelle Obama's Mother Leads Daughter's Fan Club - Michelle Obama : People.com

wow, yet another magazine cover.

She is fresh,new and photogenic! I really think her Mother has been a god-send for all of them.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I think her mom looks younger than she does...at least, here.

I think I couldn't care less what Marian Robinson has to say.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Default re

My favorite BB quote was when she visited Hurricane Katrina refugees who were living in one of the domes, surveyed the set up, the way people had tried to cordon off living areas, noticed the food service and said, "You people are doing very well for yourselves." I think she is just perpetually angry because she looks like the man on the Quaker Oats box.

With that said, I'm sure the longer Michelle Obama's mom talks, the more likely she is to say something foolish as well. (Though not as likely as some, I'd imagine.)

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Every time something nice is written about the Obama's the same people come on and make disparaging remarks and claim they don't care. when a thread doesn't interest me, I don't even read it let alone comment on it.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Oh look... the First Lady, and her mother make the cover of Essences Mother's Day issue. Very nice

I think their mother, daughter relationship is just beautiful.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Every time something nice is written about the Obama's the same people come on and make disparaging remarks and claim they don't care. when a thread doesn't interest me, I don't even read it let alone comment on it.
    First off, why don't you just come out and say it's ME?
    Secondly, I don't give two shits what you do, how you post, or what threads you visit. This board, and all threads associated, can be visited and commented on in any way, shape, or form. If you don't want to read what I have to write then don't.

Oh and last I checked....Marian Robinson is NOT an OBAMA.

Diva, I think their relationship is wonderful, too. I wish I had that with my mom.

This is my favorite part:
    "I always felt that my father and my mother were unconditionally rooting for me," says the First Lady. "And kids need that. Looking back, that played such a huge role in building confidence in me and my brother very early. Whether we succeeded or failed, we had two people who lifted us up and supported us. There was never anything that I could imagine that I would need that they wouldn't bend over backward to make sure that we had."
    That is just like my parents were. It is just a quiet,steady love that carries you through good times and bad.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I like the print on Michelle's skirt but that belt ruins the outfit.
    I want to dress her!

Thread Information