Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 in 50 American children experiences homelessness

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

what a bitch
    unfort. that kind of unambitious blood-sucking behaviour is passed on to the kids too.

take pride in your ambition and goals that you'll achieve! i feel for her kids though

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    what a bitch
    unfort. that kind of unambitious blood-sucking behaviour is passed on to the kids too.

take pride in your ambition and goals that you'll achieve! i feel for her kids though

I feel very much for her children.

The oldest, who is 11, called me and said, "Mommy says I need new shoes. She said to call you." Another time she came over with the book fair flyer and showed me all the books she wanted to get. I asked her how much money her mom was giving her, I would kick in the rest if needed. Child proceeds to tell me, "None. She says we don't have money for that bullshit". Wtf?? Books are "bullshit"??? Actual books the child would read and learn from- history books, books about art, etc.

I've always been very close to this child, to the point that she lived with me and my husband for over a year while "Mommy" was out birthing her next 2 siblings, with 2 different fathers, less than a year apart.

It angers me because my cousin was given everything by my grandparents. (She and her mom lived with my grandparents while growing up.) My GPs paid for everything- Catholic schools, Disney vacations, summer camps, dance lessons, gymnastics, the most fashionable clothing, gaming systems, etc. (She was the first person I knew with a home computer way back in 1987.)

The list goes on and on with what she received and the advantages they gave her. To make it short, my cousin wasn't raised to be the piece of shit that she is.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well, like i said, thats horrible for the kids. hopefully you can slip them little lessons about life here and there b/c they're obviously not getting any good ones at least from their mother. it would anger the shit out of me too if i were you! unfort. vultures like that are found in many families, mine included so i know the type of person you're describing. they usually end up with nothing materialistically and psychologically speaking. its just sad when the kids of these ppl have to suffer. i could go on and on about certain family members of mine but fuck 'em. fucking losers. ugh! you got my blood boiling now too!

your cousin should be shot.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thats really sad and where extended family should step up to the plate and help the child, not the parent tho.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

the extended family should sit the stupid whore down and tell ehr flat to her face "close your fucking legs, get a fucking job, take care of your kids, we are not your fucking ATM"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Or that...
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    your cousin should be shot.
    Believe me, I'm first in line with the rest of the family firing squad.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Thats really sad and where extended family should step up to the plate and help the child, not the parent tho.
    Thing is though, the more we "help", the more she expects us to do. It breaks my heart, but her kids have been cut off finanically. She's a royal bitch and is keeping the kids from us now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    the extended family should sit the stupid whore down and tell ehr flat to her face "close your fucking legs, get a fucking job, take care of your kids, we are not your fucking ATM"

Oh, it's been done. Ho bag has the attitude, "I take care of my kids and I'll have as many as I want." No, you rag, I take care of them when I go to work everyday.

Don't hate the player - hate the game.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Kids being homeless isn't necessarily due to the economy. I am a local task for to try to do something about our homeless kids. Here are the stories I've heard from the social worker who's coordinating our program:

-4th grader comes home from school and finds his apartment door locked. Turns out his family moved while he was at school and no one told him or came to get him

-Jr high girl who can't go home because her mother's boyfriend is abusing her, but the mother choosed to side with the boyfriend rather than protect her daughter.

-Honor roll student who got pregnant and per parents kicked her out.

The stories go on and on. Most are kids with no criminal records, yet can't be taken into the social services system. During the night, they wander the aisles at Wal Mart, because it's open 24 hrs. They hang out at the truck stop, where the truckers proposition them in exchange for a meal and a warm place to sleep. 12-13 year old girls. Disgusting.

It's a problem that extends way past the current economic climate.

These are all so sad, but that one in particular made me cry. It reminds me of a really stand up guy I once knew who, along with his twin brother, had been abandoned by their parents at a rest stop when they got out to go pee. They were around 8 or so. I also knew a 96 yr old man, an alcoholic, who was found in abandoned apartment tied to a chair going through withdrawal. He had urinated on himself and could have died.

There no shortage of heartbreak in this world for sure. But honestly, 1 in 50 seems really high.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information