Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: The X-Files Spoiler Thread

I'm watching this, and concurrently rewatching seasons 1 and 2 since I never really kept up with the show when it was first out in the 90's.

The only thing I keep thinking is: God,time is a motherfucker! They both look so OLD. I know it's been 22 years but still. It's like they're shooting Scully to *make* her look older than she is. She looks great in her candids and scenes in The Fall. And Duchovny never looked that bloated even in the most dire Californication scenes.

Gillian's wig is horrific. Even if she refused to dye her hair red (which is beyond me, since the blonde isn't the amazingness she seems to think it is), then at least spring for a quality wig in a flattering shape and color. The one they chose makes her look so dour.
    Beeyotch and Kittylady like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I kind of think they are trying to make them look haggard because of the years of living with the William guilt.

Laurent-I read that they told GA that her hair would fall out if she dyed it again.
    Beeyotch, Laurent and Bluebonnet like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Gas-chick, I think so too. It's gotta be on purpose to drive home the point. But it's really distracting since I'm switching back and forth from Season 1 episodes.

Btw, the William scenes broke me too. So sad.
    gas_chick likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I kind of think they are trying to make them look haggard because of the years of living with the William guilt.

Laurent-I read that they told GA that her hair would fall out if she dyed it again.
    Dying her hair red is one hell of a long process as it takes many layers of colour to get it somewhat natural - if she then had to have it stripped and taken back to blonde for the other tv series that she's committed to then it might well have ended up with a NicoleWasHere situation.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

If anyone missed the first two episodes or want to see them again:

http://www.fox.com/the-x-files/full-episodes
    Last edited by Laurent; January 26th, 2016 at 01:57 PM.
    Bluebonnet and Kittylady like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    If anyone missed the first two episodes or want to see them again:

http://www.fox.com/full-episodes
    Thank you!
    Laurent likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I felt sorry for the kids locked up with those severe deformities. I didn't mind when Dr. Goldman's eyes popped out and blood poured out.

I liked mulder's references to edward snowden.
    Bluebonnet, Alysheba and Kittylady like this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I was tickled to see that dude who played Dr. Goldman--I was all "THAT'S THE GUY FROM MELROSE PLACE!" Haven't seen him in anything in ages.

My daughter loved him on Desperate Housewives but I didn't watch that. I saw a meme today of him bleeding out that said Blame it on Kimberly!!!!
    Beeyotch, Bluebonnet and dilligaf like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Wasn't the nun who arranged the interview with "The Founder" the same actress who played the adult Eves in the the original series?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

No but she did play Scully's therapist in two episodes.
    Kittylady likes this.

It was Ms. Herbig from Dead Like Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm watching this, and concurrently rewatching seasons 1 and 2 since I never really kept up with the show when it was first out in the 90's.

The only thing I keep thinking is: God,time is a motherfucker! They both look so OLD. I know it's been 22 years but still. It's like they're shooting Scully to *make* her look older than she is. She looks great in her candids and scenes in The Fall. And Duchovny never looked that bloated even in the most dire Californication scenes.
    This. I was going up and down the dial and happened to fall right into an episode as it was already running. The most distracting thing to me was how black Duchovny's hair looked, so totally unnatural and achieving the opposite of what they might have been aiming at: it aged him horribly.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

So excited for tonight's monster episode. I love this article but we got your number Gillian.

Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny 'closer than ever'
    23 hrs ago

©

Bang Showbiz Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are closer now than when they first worked on 'The X Files.'

The pair recently reprised their roles as Dana Scully and Fox Mulder for a new six-part series of the sci-fi show and Gillian admitted they get on much better now than they ever did.
    She said: "David and I are a lot closer today than we ever were while doing the series or the films. We're both a little older and have a little more perspective that comes from being parents and going through different struggles in our own lives.

"Now we see that it's easier to support each other and enjoy our friendship and the time we've been able to spend together. "While there have been repeated suggestions that the pair have a real-life romance, Gillian insisted they simply have great chemistry which translates well on screen.

She told The Sun on Sunday: "['X Files' creator] Chris Carter was very clever in casting us in that there's energy that exists just when David and I are standing in a room together.

"What was interesting is that the writers completely capitalized on that, and drew out that reality as long as they possibly could. Things got to the point where the tiniest touch of the hand in season five would make people freak out."
    Laurent likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information