Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The X-Files: I Want to Believe

I'll probably see it again this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    um, yeah, i coulda waited for this to come out on video; it just seemed like a really long episode of the show. and im a big huge fan, but yeah, it wasn't exactly mind-blowing for me personally. just sayin'...

agreed
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I, too, was a huuuuuge fan of the series so I was a little disappointed by the movie for the same reasons most of the fans are giving, that it was more like an incredibly long episode of the TV show rather than a standalone movie. In saying that, there were some parts that i loved. I freaked out when we first see Mulder and he's eating sunflower seeds, the hysterical George Bush moment, the l-word being used by Mulder and Scully...maybe the movie wasn't quite big enough, but it was such a great piece of nostalgia. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an X-Files movie 3 talking about the Conspiracy/alien invasion in 2012. At least I hope we do
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    I'm definitely going to see it at the cinema. Possibly multiple times.
    i was a HUGE fan of the x-files (teen of the 90s and mega x-files dork) but the movie SUCKS. it's watchable because mulder/duchovny is fucking delicious and i love that skinner makes an appearance but they even fucked up scully's character and there's this whole sideplot about a sick boy that's supposed to be all heartwarming and shit but really it just made me want to puke.
    Last edited by sputnik; August 4th, 2008 at 02:23 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

See, i didn't even know this movie was coming out until a week before it did.. i hadn't seen any ads, no viral media, NOTHING... and then poof, there it was, and i'm like.. wha?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hehe I've been reading that it was in production months ago but when I talked to my friends about it they didn't have a clue. Sputnik I dunno if the sick boy story was supposed to be heartwarming or was there to illustrate Scully's ongoing struggle with Catholocism.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

^^
    maybe that was the intention but the writing's so bad it just comes across as sappy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gold Member

I'm kind of in two minds about the film. I did like it, and I thought David and Gillian were amazing in it, and that their chemistry was as good as ever! And YAY! for 'shipper vindication!

It did really kind of feel like an extended episode, though, and it really escapes me as to why they went for a "monster of the week" story which wouldn't be as appealing to their fans and to sci-fi fans in general when the film was up against The Dark Knight?!

I didnt like it and was really disappointed with the plot- it felt like a typical average extended episode. From the trailers I thought it would be a scary monster of the week.
    I am glad of the shippy aspect- at last we get clear confirmation about that.
    I also hope that we get to see the 2012 alien storyline but I am not sure if it will be profitable enough for Fox but I will be crossing my fingers for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information