Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The X Factor USA version

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I take back the statement about the lady...apparently she's a big old scientologist who has sung with GMD at his own creepy tiny terror thrown bday party. Now if the sucky life circumstances she talked about were getting out of $cienoland, then I rescind my rescind, but I haven't watched this much recently.
    was that the lady who cried and had makeup running down her face? has a baby. cries all of the time?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Bronze Member

I have heard from an insider (you're going to have to take my word but they have been right about things in the past) that Courtney Love is down for The X Factor this year as one of the two new female judges. Simon is working on getting her clean / putting positive press out there before the official announcement.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i just watched the 2nd episode (watching the first one now) and i actually like the show.

i'll definitely watch because of britney. the faces she makes are priceless! her reacting to that crazy stalker guy was just too much.

i liked the 16 yo singer/rapper, the gay guy and the 13 yo girl. the first one had good presence but the other two had the presence and the talent.
    ^brought over from the britney judge thread.

i absolutely love this show. i basically get choked up through the entire thing with all of these tough luck stories and these kids with amazing voices. from this week's 2 hour episode, i loved panda, the south side san antonio girl, diamond white, the country singer (loved his dimples!), the tattooed head guy, the 16 yo who sang trouble, the white rapper and the sister country group. i didn't think cheatah face should have gotten through.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by lil_kym View Post
    I have heard from an insider (you're going to have to take my word but they have been right about things in the past) that Courtney Love is down for The X Factor this year as one of the two new female judges. Simon is working on getting her clean / putting positive press out there before the official announcement.

I'm glad we all took your word for it because it totally happened.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by lil_kym View Post
    fail
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

fgg

'X Factor' Finalist
    Finds His Birth Mother
    ... Thanks To The Show

Reality TV can actually do some good in the world ... just ask "X Factor" finalist David Correy who found his birth mother after 25 years of separation ... all thanks to the show.

The 26-year-old David -- who is in the final 16 -- told the judges during his first audition that he was singing for his birth mother -- whom he'd never met -- who gave him up for adoption from Brazil as a baby.

Sources close to David tell TMZ when his episode of "X" aired in Brazil, a woman named Luciene Lima recognized the baby pics shown in David's segment and had a gut feeling he was hers.

We're told Luciene went through the Brazilian court system to trace her adoption -- and her findings led her back to David. Luciene, not knowing how to reach out to her long lost son, contacted the local media.

Our sources say a local paper was able to track David down in the U.S. and tell him about his mother.

We're told a DNA test has not been performed, but so far everything matches: the birth certificate, the orphanage David came from and the timeline.

A close friend of David's tells TMZ, "David is so happy -- and he can't wait to meet her for the first time.".

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

OMG! i'm so glad this guy found his mother! he has an amazing voice.
    arie_skop likes this.

I just saw Carly Rose's live Britney-inspired performance. I have to say, I wasn't impressed at all. I'm already not a fan of her being on the show because she's a ringer who has already been discovered and had her shot, but that's another story.

She's got the voice, but not the personality to be the kind of star Simon Cowell is looking for, IMO... I just don't find her appealing or see the 'X Factor' in her. There's something very off-putting about her attitude. I see a cockiness in her, like she thinks she's too good for the whole thing, but then she gets on stage to do the Britney number and is so awkward and half-assed that she's upstaged by her backup dancers. A big voice isn't enough. Considering the fact that she's already a professional actress and singer, I was actually shocked by how boring she was and how uncomfortable she looked.

I watched a few episodes this season, and just couldn't really get into the show. Honestly, I didn't think any of the finalists had "the X factor" and I feel like this season was kind of a bust. I don't see any of them going really far in show business; winning a karaoke contest, sure. Maybe even opening for a B list celebrity on a tour, or having one song get close to charting. But having a career worth investing $5 million in? No.

fgg

i like the auditions and the judge's house episodes but i absolutely could not watch the top 16 shows. i was uncomfortable watching the full performances of anyone but beatrice miller and one or two others. what the hell did they do to these people?

personally, i think beatrice miller, carly rose, diamond white, sister c, david (adoptee), tattoo head and the brother trio have a chance at a real career in the industry. the rest pretty much suck.

Oh man, I don't want to watch this show.Both Britney and Demi are a joke as mentors and judges.
    I'm torn though,I can't get enough of Carly Rose.Wish LA Reid or Simon were her mentor.The kid has talent beyond her years and her voice gives me chills. Britney's is going to ruin her chances.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by politesse View Post
    Oh man, I don't want to watch this show.Both Britney and Demi are a joke as mentors and judges.
    I'm torn though,I can't get enough of Carly Rose.Wish LA Reid or Simon were her mentor.The kid has talent beyond her years and her voice gives me chills. Britney's is going to ruin her chances.
    Demi is an ok judge, but her song selection are just odd. Britney did better this week, and gave Carly Rose a better song that suited her voice and style.

I think Britney's actually a good mentor. She was the biggest star in the world as a teenager, and largely because she did have that "X factor". It wasn't based just on vocals. To me, Britney in her prime personified "X factor." She was the total package, she was fascinating to watch, and she was very likable. She was also hugely successful.

I can't figure out what Demi's doing there. She screwed her group in the live show. They all looked and sounded like they were performing at a karaoke bar. Unoriginal, underwhelming covers of karaoke songs. What has she done, career wise, that qualifies her to mentor these people? Getting attention for having a fallout with your famous best friend and then shipping off to rehab for a whole host of self-harming behaviors doesn't count. Has she even had success as a pop star? She may have had a couple of songs chart (I wouldn't know because I don't know any of her songs), but I'm not aware of her having the kind of hugely successful career that you'd expect of a mentor and judge on a show like this.

I agree, I think Britney has been a good mentor for the teens, and she actually picks some decent songs.

I also don't understand why Demi was picked as a judge/mentor, I've never heard of her music beforehand. And, she's destroyed Cece - I was expecting Cece to shine during this season but has been so bad. She'll probably go next.

fgg

i'm glad that jason, jennel garcia and lyric 145 (my most hated!) are gone.
    arie_skop likes this.

lyric 145 were so bad this week, and Jennel was overrated, her vocals werent that strong.

Methinks Demi won't be back next year.
    arie_skop likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information