Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst movie accents

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    ^ I didn't even know each state had their own accents. I figured southern accent meant from the south... Interesting though

So what does a Virginia accent sound like?
    Depends....the northern part is closer to a Maryland accent and the southern part is closer to a North Carolina accent It's true.

You live in Va and you must be able to pick up that mid-Atlantic accent that most Marylanders have

Yes, as much as I enjoy Leo's acting. HE SHOULD NEVER EVER attempt an English/Irish accent again. Oh let's not forget Natalie Portman..in uh..that Vendetta movie!

The worst movie accent I've ever heard was Halle Berry's so-called African accent in the first X-Men movie. She was so bad that she kept going in and out if it mid-sentence.

There are some actors who can't really do any other accent than their own. Sean Connery, Alan Rickman (his American accent in Dark Harbor killed me and I'm not even American) and Ralph Fiennes was just awful in The Quiz Show, he did not sound American at all.

I can't say I noticed Forest Whitaker's accent being bad in The Crying Game. His character was not onscreen for very long but he had an incredible presence and I think casting him was a good idea. He is an amazing actor. And I just love the Crying Game!

Any person who has EVER tried to have a Boston accent in a movie...trust me we dont' sound like that! It's always over the top!

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    Any person who has EVER tried to have a Boston accent in a movie...trust me we dont' sound like that! It's always over the top!

Yeah you do, don't lie.

I thought they did a pretty good job in The Departed.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

Yeah - Thingy Van Lesbian's "cockney" accent in Mary Poppins makes my teeth curl and Winona Ryder/Keanu Reeves in Dracula are so bad they are good. Americans find the British accent very difficult and you can always detect a faint US twang or intonation even when they do a good job. Honourable mention for a good Brit accent to Angeline Jolie in Tomb Raider and Renee Zelwigger in Bridget Jones.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yeah you do, don't lie.

I thought they did a pretty good job in The Departed.
    Surprisingly enough I thought Leo had a better accent than Matt Damon in that movie...but then again I'm not from Southie and their accent is alot stronger in that area. I also made it a point to talk without that accent early on in life...but it does sneak out of me when I don't pay attention..lol, "wicked good", and go to the "paak" are my downfalls!

Thumbs down

Renee Zellweger's English accent. I don't rate it

I cant remember what movie it was, and the actor wasn't that known, but he was doing an Australian accent and pronounced fucking as 'fackin' and I must have laughed for the rest of the movie. It was so funny! Now when i think of it, i do know some aussies who definetly make it sound like 'FACKIN' haha.

I thought Piper Perabo's accent in Imagine You and Me was top notch. She sounded like Julie Andrews to me.

Bad ones? Richard Gere in anything.

Olympia Dukakas in Steel Magnolias. Unless that's what a New Yorker sounds like after living in the south.

Melanie Griffith and Alec Baldwin in Working Girl. Worst. New York accent. Ever.

There's one I saw recently but can't remember. I do remember laughing my ass off because it seemed half way through, the actor gave up even trying to have an accent.

Rosanna Arquette as the Dentists wife-- worst french accent ever (if thats what it was)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Madonna for Evita
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Julia Roberts in Charlie Wilson's war. Cringe-worthy.
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

A*O

Ray Winston (as London cockney as they come) trying to do a US Boston accent in The Departed. Great movie, lousy accent Ray!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information