View Poll Results: What's your favorite disney movie?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Little Mermaid

16 33.33%
  • Sleeping Beauty

2 4.17%
  • The Lion King

10 20.83%
  • Aladdin

4 8.33%
  • Beauty and the beast

11 22.92%
  • Robin Hood

2 4.17%
  • Snow White

5 10.42%
  • Peter Pan

4 8.33%
  • Cinderella

4 8.33%
  • Dumbo

1 2.08%
  • Brother Bear

1 2.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the best old-school animated Disney film in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post

Lion King is a favorite too, I tend to consider it the end of Disney's good era-at least for their hand drawn animation. Their stuff with Pixar is a different category for me.
    I was just getting ready to say this exact thing. Lion King was a masterpeice but really seemed to end that era. I'm getting used to seeing all Pixar now, and they've come up with some real masterpeices in that genre too, but the 'old school' animation sort of ended with Lion King.

As for my all time animated favorite...Pinnochio by far! LOVE that movie.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Snow White because the Wicked Queen is my all time favorite. She's my pencil cup.

Now my video "nerdness" is about to come out, as I worked in a video store during the late 80's early 90's.

Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast were the first Disney movies to integrate computer animation in them, at the time it was a BFD. Now, if you study those films closely, vs. old school Disney, you will see the backgrounds have additional movement to them that was computer generated. This was before Pixar started, so they were the pre-cursor.

^I remember reading an interview with one of the animators who worked on Lion King that was talking about how they did the stampede using computer animation. He said that some of the guys who worked on 101 Dalmatians were still around and were complaining about how easy they have it now since back then they had to individually animate every single one of the dogs.

i don't mind the animation on the disney movies after the little mermaid but i find that it's not just the animation style that changed, the writing and music changed too... i didn't mind the little mermaid or the lion king but IMO they don't compare to the movies from before. and i haven't really liked any of the ones that came after the lion king.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

I don't think those early/pioneer animators get nearly enough credit for their artistic and technical skills. It's incredibly labour-intensive work that requires dedication and unwillingless to compromise. Everything has to be perfect. Snow White was the first groundbreaking animated feature film and some 60 years later it's still technically brilliant. You may not agree with the Disney ethos but you have to admire the craftsmanship and attention to detail.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

As factually inaccurate as it was my favorite was Pocahontas. I just have to pretend it isn't Mel Gibson talking..

^ I really didn't like Pocahontas very much.

Damn, I forgot Jungle Book!!! How could I? My son watches that all the time!!!

^OMG The Jungle Book!! That's so cute too!! My 4 yr old loves it!! I love King Louie!

Fantasia and then the Jungle Book and then Alice in Wonderland.....I miss being a kid and seeing them for the first time.....at the movies...which back in my day was still a big thing.....

...thanks for the memories and making me feel 110.....

i forgot the jungle book too. i love that one.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

I loved the Jungle Book too but then after seeing The Little Mermaid it sort of paled. I love the sound track to the Little Mermaid better as well. I know we aren't talking songs here but sometimes the music does it for me and my favorite all time Disney song is Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas) by Judy Kume and not Vanessa Williams.

Disney sent to many messages - girls needed a man to live happily ever after and the mother was going to die (Bambi, Fox and Hound, Snow White.....) I like the competition but Disney is still a biggie in animation.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I loved the Jungle Book too but then after seeing The Little Mermaid it sort of paled. I love the sound track to the Little Mermaid better as well. I know we aren't talking songs here but sometimes the music does it for me and my favorite all time Disney song is Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas) by Judy Kume and not Vanessa Williams.
    I Know! Vanessa Williams butchered that song. Judy Kume sung it a million times better. That song and scene from Pocahontas gets me all choked up, but the over all movie sucked ass IMO.

Well if we are including Pixar, I have to revise my list to include Monsters, Inc. Boo is probably one of my favorite characters ever.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

there are some i've never watched but so far my fave pixar ones are the incredibles and wall-e.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information