Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

I got my free year of Disney+ so I spent the long weekend watching all the Marvel movies in the nerd boy approved order. I'd only seen maybe half of the movies, so it was interesting to catch up. I hated Captain America so I was pleasantly surprised when the 2nd and 3rd Cap movies were so much better. I still hate the GOTG movies and wow was Ant-Man underrated. I think as of right now Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Ant-Man are my favs. I still have like four movies to go in the series.

Here is the watch order list i've been using: https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how...ovies-in-order
    Novice and Sassiness like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

^did you watch the mandalorian yet? it is really good and baby yoda! *faints from the cuteness*
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I will never watch the Mandalorian because I've never seen a Star Wars and there's no reason to get into it now.
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

^i'm not into star wars either and have no idea what is going on or why but i still like it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

My friend recommended The Inbetween to me & I’ve seen 3 espisodes so far & love it!

Oh man, I'm nearly done with the 3rd season of The Crown and it's making my heart bleed for Charles. Was Camilla really so bad?
    It makes me completely unsympathetic to the Queen and RF as an institution. Even moreso than I was.
    sputnik and robertmarilyn like this.

i'm only about a decade late to the party but i finally started watching 'shameless'. i'm only 3 episodes in but it's pretty fucking great so far. those kids are amazing.
    i'm also watching 'on becoming a god in central florida', which i'd never even heard of but i know ted levine's daughter and she posted about this on her facebook and it made me curious. great cast, great acting, and a really weird and funny and kind of heartbreaking story. ted levine is awesome as usual but kristen dunst is amazing.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I was excited about the Kirsten Dunst show but life got away from me and I never saw it. I'm looking forward to it.

Shameless is out there and I'm a big fan. There are some down points - like when we have to hear about whatshername's love life all the time, but I love those kids. I didn't watch the last two seasons though.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Still watching Watchmen on HBO (two episodes left) and I'm still sitting there saying WTF over and over ... but I guess that's expected as one of the creators of LOST also created this show. It's based off an old comic book (I really don't know anything about comic books or movies, other than say Batman, Spiderman and Superman) but with much updating and creative touches. It really doesn't have the touch of the usual OG comic books turned into movies. I almost feel a The Leftovers vibe. Regina King and Jean Smart are the leads and it's fantastic. Jeremy Irons has a side story (with just as much WTF) that usually plays in the beginning or ending of the current episode. He's delightful in this role.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Nevan is that a thumbs up or down for Watchmen please? I’ve never seen the comic and have it on my “to watch list “ so I just wondered.
    Nevan likes this.

It's a definite thumbs up. Maybe not at first, but that could just be that I knew NOTHING of the comic book series it was loosely based on (but there were really good parts of the first episode too ... like Don Johnson singing during dinner). And like I said ... a lot of Wtf moments reminiscent of LOST. I have 12 minutes before the second to last episode and I'm watching the clock.

I feel lonely because no one else here seems to be watching it, but outside of this forum, it's everywhere, lol.
    Novice likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

^I highly recommend the comic book, it's a classic.
    I don't want to watch this adaptation, though, sorry Nevan
    I think I'm just tired of adaptations, remakes (of very recent movies), reboots, etc.
    Nevan likes this.

^^^
    Iím sick of the reboots/remakes etc too, and I fucking hate 99.9% of the comic book shit thatís out there (donít even get me started on the godawful green screen bullshit Marvel and DC movies) but I think I will make an exception for watchmen because I love the comic book too and unlike the 776664829 Spider-Man movies, watchmen hasnít really ever been adapted to the screen in a way that did it justice.
    Nevan, palta and ShimmeringGlow like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I agree with Sput. This hasn't been remade to death and it's (supposedly) a pretty different take on the comic books. I was first inspired to watch it because it was made by one of the creators of LOST and I was a big fan of LOST. Plus I adore Regina King and Jean Smart. I will definitely look out for the comic, thanks Palta!

^I think you both have the patience that I lack.
    I get disappointed frequently and often abandon series.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information