Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,015 of 1015
Like Tree929Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

Currently binge watching The Great…season 2
    I love it https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2235759/
    Nicolas Hoult & Elle fanning have such great chemistry on screen. 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE;[URL="tel:3828569"
    3828569[/URL]]I never watched it either and won't watch the 2nd. I just can't with the animal cruelty and big cats being kept in cages.
    I hope that despite my typo I conveyed the same.
    SHELLEE and czb like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Yeah, I watched Tiger King 2, and I hope there will be a 3 where we will see all tigers and exotic animals being released. They took away most of them in season 2 so there's that. They closed down a whole private zoo, I think there's good things coming out of this series actually.

I also watched Yellowstone and really liked it, and I just saw now that finally season 3 is available here. Thanks for making me look it up, Nov!

Currently watching all three Walking Dead series. I'm probably one of the last "fans" of the show but I still think it's great. It had two or three seasons that were really boring and I stopped watching it for maybe two years or longer but recently started again and found my way back in. It's going to be the last season so I'm really curious on how Fear the Walking Dead, the Walking Dead and the World Beyond will play together.

Also finally started watching Schitt's Creek, I don't know why I didn't start earlier. Love it!

Nine perfect strangers was good as well, I liked the cast even though I normally can't stand Melissa McCarthy. Samara Weaving was great in her role, I had to look her up to find out if she really had that much cosmetic surgeries but it was just good make-up.

Also watching Y: The Last Man, I think it's based on a DC comic but has a totally different feel to it. Very post-apocalyptic. Every mammal with a Y chromosome died, only one man and his pet monkey survived. I think Diane Lane does a great job here as the president.
    -

Pleasure Funky. I can’t see season 1 or 2 so am annoyed about that - but ditto NCIS NOLA & NCIS since fox tv went belly up. I was hoping it would be on Disney+ but I might have to watch it illegally…. Shhhh!

The Great! is back on HBO - so glad, i really loved the 1st season, it was absurd and over the top but in a good way. Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult have great alchemy
    faithanne and Heidi Ho 2.0 like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I started watching The Nevers and - Tiny Pixie - I love love love the costumes!

It’s very different from the other one on Netflix (which wasn’t renewed) really like both in different ways.

WTF? Episode 6 was bullshit.

Trying to watch American Rust but it’s too depressing by far.
    Last edited by Novice; November 28th, 2021 at 03:50 PM.

Elite Member

Binged Season 2 of The Great this weekend -- like HeidiHo and Tiny Pixie said -- wonderful show. Hilarious, irreverent and Hoult and Fanning have amazing chemistry.

I get mad when streaming series are released once a week like network TV, but when it's released all at once and I binge, I'm sad when I buzz through it. No making me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I started watching The Nevers and - Tiny Pixie - I love love love the costumes!

It’s very different from the other one on Netflix (which wasn’t renewed) really like both in different ways.

WTF? Episode 6 was bullshit.

Trying to watch American Rust but it’s too depressing by far.
    The costumes in that show are * chef's kiss *
    I want to own all of Amalia's costumes, including her shoes. I like how this show debunks without even trying to do so, several myths about corsets - yes, you could move in them, you could run, and fight in them, no you didn't faint all the time, every woman had one, because basically, it was a bra, so even working women had a corset and could still function, and also you wear a fucking chemise under it XD
    But as you said that last episode was SO disappointing, it was beyond bad and somewhat ruined the entire show for me, I'm not even sure I want to continue.

(But gotta love Amalia's line "I've got class A tits but I can't see over a chair" XD)
    Novice likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

i'm watching the dynasty reboot again and honestly it's amazing. they embrace all the ridiculousness of the original - the comas, plastic surgery mishaps (one character gets her face shoved into a burning fireplace by her evil, long lost son who then asks the plastic surgeon to give her her daughter's face), recasting the same part 2, sometimes 3 times, etc... they're totally shameless. the younger actors are hilarious and they feature a lot of the classic evening soap stars of the 80s and 90s (including jake from melrose place, and nicolette sheridan).
    so yeah, if you liked the original dynasty, this is your jam.
    czb likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie;[URL="tel:3828862"
    3828862[/URL]]The costumes in that show are * chef's kiss *
    I want to own all of Amalia's costumes, including her shoes. I like how this show debunks without even trying to do so, several myths about corsets - yes, you could move in them, you could run, and fight in them, no you didn't faint all the time, every woman had one, because basically, it was a bra, so even working women had a corset and could still function, and also you wear a fucking chemise under it XD
    But as you said that last episode was SO disappointing, it was beyond bad and somewhat ruined the entire show for me, I'm not even sure I want to continue.

(But gotta love Amalia's line "I've got class A tits but I can't see over a chair" XD)
    Same, same, same, same!!!!!

I need to PM you about costumes & patterns & suchlike xxxxx
    Tiny Pixie likes this.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768

Thread Information