Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

that show was so, so good. fantastically weird and dark and funny. along with rome, it's on my list of shows i wish had continued.
    Heidi Ho 2.0 and Daphodil like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Oh I loved Rome, that was the shit.
    sputnik and faithanne like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I started watching the politician. It’s good, great acting, pretty funny and very sharp. But also a little derivative, it feels like a mash-up of election, Wes Anderson movies, glee and gossip girl. Not in a bad way necessarily but it definitely wears its influences on its sleeve.
    I watched the first episode and I hated it. It felt like an obvious cheap copy of a Wes Anderson movie.

I loved Fleabag, I think I like the first season better than the second one. And I'm glad that it's not going to be a next one.
    I loved the first season of Killing Eve but I hated the second one. It was great to see Kim Bodnia again. I love him since Bron.

I watched unbelievable and it was heartbreaking. I hated every single adult that came in contact with Marie. What a bunch of as*holes.
    I found out that there is an episode of This American Life based on the original article about Marie's story, and now I want to listen to it.

I still haven't finished Breaking Bad, I have one season left AND now a movie. I'm just postponing it LOL
    Sarzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    I watched the first episode and I hated it. It felt like an obvious cheap copy of a Wes Anderson movie.
    definitely. however it gets much better with subsequent episodes
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Wow thanks for this Nov, I'm a huge fan of the Henrys and I had no idea about this as I haven't switched on Netflix in a couple of weeks. I just looked it up and it's playing at a local cinema this week (apparently it's such a spectacle that it needs a big screen) so I know what I'm doing Friday night!
    Oooooh! I bet it is AMAZING on a big screen! Although I think the battle scenes will be scary.
    They looked a bit like the camera work in Luc Besson’s “The Messenger” (about Joan of Arc) which was handheld & in the “battle”.
    Let me know what you think!!!

I saw that The End of the Fucking World is coming back soon. I can't wait!
    greysfang, Sarzy and sputnik like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Woo hooooooo !!!
    sputnik and Waterslide like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

i loved that show. but it was also perfect as a standalone series. i hope they don't fuck it up.
    Waterslide and Sarzy like this.

I’ve just started Grimm. I remember seeing at least the first series but it was so long ago that I’ve started at the beginning again.

i (finally!) started watching the deuce. i'm about 4 episodes in and so far really enjoying it. maggie gyllenhaal is fantastic, and her parts are the best, along with the rest of the girls. james franco is also excellent despite his characters not being all that interesting, at least so far. i know he's a creeper but he's just so talented, he's just magnetic on screen.
    overall great show, but pretty heavy (subject matter and storylines - there's a lot to follow), so definitely a show i need to alternate with lighter stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I saw that The End of the Fucking World is coming back soon. I can't wait!
    I've started watching it. I wasn't sure if they needed to make another but I'm liking it so far!
    Waterslide likes this.

I finally finished watching the end of season two of Succession. What a season. And that finale ...fantastico!! I didn't think Kendall had it in him anymore ... he was so broken since last season's finale.
    fgg likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Default End Of The Fucking World 2

l am up to episode 5 and it's really fucking good. Glad they made season 2, wish the episodes were longer.
    Waterslide and Sarzy like this.

i watched season 2 of the end of the f***ing world last night and i wish they had never made a second season. the first season was a perfect, compact little jewel of a series and should have been left alone. I have a feeling that if it was just channel 4 and netflix wasn't involved, they would have left it alone, but american corporate greed knows no bounds so instead we got a second season that is basically one long and pointless epilogue the story didn't need.

that said, the two leads are brilliant, their characters and the dialogue are so well written, i would watch them play cards. the music is also amazing this season and i still enjoyed watching it but it doesn't change the fact that they took a story that had an ending and they ignored it and while it was entertaining to watch, it's blatantly obvious that the only reason they kept it going was because of the success of the first season. poor bonnie, while entertaining, is pretty one dimensional and only really exists as a plot device. anyhoo, much like the second season of big little lies, the only reason this second season exists is greed.
    Sarzy likes this.

That sucks about teotfw. I'll still watch, but I still can't bring myself to see season 2 of Big Little Lies. I just want to remember it as it was. I love that in the UK so many shows are short, sweet, and to the point and if they're really great you want to watch them again anyway. It's not 100 seasons of nothingness.
    sputnik and Sarzy like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information