Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree621Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

Has anybody watched "Watchmen" on HBO? Don Johnson and Regina King. It was playing in the background while I was surfing online and it caught my attention (which is hard to do lately). Only one episode has aired so far but it looks good (I only caught part of it, so I still have to watch the whole episode). It's part of some superhero comic but on a serious note (forgive me, I'm not up on my comic book heroes).

I read that Dolemite is My Name is a comeback vehicle for Eddie Murphy. Haven't seen it yet.

ETA: I read a lengthy article (can't remember where) about the Lewis twins a while back. Their story is fascinating. I had no idea there was a documentary made about it. Thanks for the heads up!!
    fgg likes this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

I'm watching the Dolemite Eddie Murphy movie now. Looks good in the first 15 min.

*Okay, it was good, worth watching! I was laughing the whole way.
    Last edited by Beeyotch; October 26th, 2019 at 09:36 PM.
    Daphodil likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Has anybody watched "Watchmen" on HBO? Don Johnson and Regina King. It was playing in the background while I was surfing online and it caught my attention (which is hard to do lately). Only one episode has aired so far but it looks good (I only caught part of it, so I still have to watch the whole episode). It's part of some superhero comic but on a serious note (forgive me, I'm not up on my comic book heroes).

I read that Dolemite is My Name is a comeback vehicle for Eddie Murphy. Haven't seen it yet.

ETA: I read a lengthy article (can't remember where) about the Lewis twins a while back. Their story is fascinating. I had no idea there was a documentary made about it. Thanks for the heads up!!

The documentary has the ending that the book didn't have. I knew the reveal was going to be bad, but it turned out to be worse than what I thought it was going to be. Their parents were monsters.
    Nevan likes this.

Didn’t you google it? They released a book in 2013.

Dolomite & Watchmen are on my “watchlist”.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I irrationally love Grimm. I can't say why exactly because it's not the greatest show ever. I just like it a lot.
    It was very popular during its 5 year run on NBC. It was it 6 years?
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    It was very popular during its 5 year run on NBC. It was it 6 years?
    I don't remember. I didn't start watching until maybe halfway through and I binged it. And then it was over and I was sad even when the last season started to blow. And you and I know the one itsy bitsie thing that could have made it better.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    There is a movie based on it too. But I think I'm a fantard and I will never like anything besides the comic book.
    Nevan likes this.

I watched the first two episodes (only ones available right now) and I'm just so confused. There are so many racial overtones going on that it's hard to keep track.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

i was traveling for work so had a lot of plane time, finished the second season of insatiable and the 5th season of schitt's creek. both are hilarious. the second season of insatiable is even more bonkers and irreverent than the first, but at the same time more consistent, and i can watch dallas roberts in anything, that man is a treasure.
    schitt's creek was also great, and i'm sad the next season is the last one but at the same time, it makes sense to wrap up their story before the show overstays its welcome.
    Rusalka likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I’m looking forward to The King on Netflix on Friday. I’m a sucker for Prince Hal

Wait, what's The King? I never know anything about anything anymore.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_(2019_film)

The King is a 2019 historical drama film based on several plays from William Shakespeare's "Henriad". It is directed by David Michôd and written by Michôd and Joel Edgerton, who also has a supporting role in the film. The film stars Timothée Chalamet, Sean Harris, Lily-Rose Depp, Robert Pattinson, and Ben Mendelsohn.

I couldn’t link to the Netflix site as it went to the uk one

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_(2019_film)

The King is a 2019 historical drama film based on several plays from William Shakespeare's "Henriad". It is directed by David Michôd and written by Michôd and Joel Edgerton, who also has a supporting role in the film. The film stars Timothée Chalamet, Sean Harris, Lily-Rose Depp, Robert Pattinson, and Ben Mendelsohn.

I couldn’t link to the Netflix site as it went to the uk one
    Wow thanks for this Nov, I'm a huge fan of the Henrys and I had no idea about this as I haven't switched on Netflix in a couple of weeks. I just looked it up and it's playing at a local cinema this week (apparently it's such a spectacle that it needs a big screen) so I know what I'm doing Friday night!
    Novice likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I started watching the politician. It’s good, great acting, pretty funny and very sharp. But also a little derivative, it feels like a mash-up of election, Wes Anderson movies, glee and gossip girl. Not in a bad way necessarily but it definitely wears its influences on its sleeve.
    also, gwyneth Paltrow is possibly the best thing about this show, sorry goop haters. Her character is equal parts funny and moving.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have started rewatching Carnivale...l honesty forgot how brilliant it was. hope this link works https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319969/
    sputnik and Daphodil like this.

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information