Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree605Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^^
    i watched it too and it sounds awful to say this but i was bored. it's well made and all but it's just not a very interesting case. it's fucking awful but as soon as it happened everyone basically knew it was him, he admitted it pretty quickly, there was no trial, he's a total fucking idiot and the dumbest murderer on earth (for a premeditated crime, he did the worst job ever covering his tracks), and the dead wife was super basic and annoying. there's just nothing about this story that makes it a compelling case to follow.
    I think it was perfect for me because I'm having the double-edged problem of having no attention span and insomnia at the same time so I could watch it before I went to sleep and not invest too much grey matter into it. Since I knew a bit about the case, it filled in the holes I had about it. I agree with you though - he was a total idiot and a waste of space - and it was an open and shut case, which was really all I knew about it to start with. The one thing I remember saying about it here was something to the effect that I don't believe in the death penalty, but since it was on the table for him, he should have taken it because he's not worth the air he's breathing in solitary. And if I were him I would want to be dead, but if I were him, I probably have no ability to feel guilt or pain so it's a moot point.

I also felt bad because I know that if I knew Shanann, I wouldn't have liked her much and we'd have had nothing in common. I could appreciate her drive, but I don't condone MLMs so that added to my bias. She was definitely basic and self-involved and apparently "bossy" (the word her own friend used to describe her), but I also wanted to vomit when Shanann admitted to her friend in a text that maybe she was destroying Chris's manhood by being so bossy all the time. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ^i thought it was interesting that the neighbor immediately said he was acting strange after he watched the camera footage with the cop. good on that guy for speaking up!
    That was the one part that gave me goosebumps even knowing how it ends. It's funny because my coworker mentioned it last night and that was the one part that jumped out at him, too. I was very happy that man said something.
    sputnik and fgg like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^^^^^
    i watched it too and it sounds awful to say this but i was bored. it's well made and all but it's just not a very interesting case. it's fucking awful but as soon as it happened everyone basically knew it was him, he admitted it pretty quickly, there was no trial, he's a total fucking idiot and the dumbest murderer on earth (for a premeditated crime, he did the worst job ever covering his tracks), and the dead wife was super basic and annoying. there's just nothing about this story that makes it a compelling case to follow.
    He was such a milquetoast guy I was surprised he took such drastic action. I think the better show would have been figuring out what was going on in his head.
    sputnik likes this.

^^^^
    sadly, i think the answer is 'not much'. he's just a really, really dumb murderer but also some kind of narcissist incapable of remorse and he wanted out of his life and thought he could actually get away with it. the dumbass actually un-enrolled his kid from school...
    Daphodil likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^^^^
    He even has a cult following - there are women - and some men - who think he's sexy. Man, you kill your family for a piece of ass, all bets are off the table. I hope that he gets beaten to death in jail.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

i'm watching young wallander. i don't like it, i don't get why they speak in english and why is it set in 2020. i thought it was going to be an origins story and i'm disappointed.
    they could have made the same show with the same storyline without the name wallander on it.
    also, it's very predictable.
    Novice likes this.

I'm deep in the K-dramas on Netflix and just finished Crash Landing on You. It's so sappy but I loved every second of it. Damn K-Dramas and their one season only shows.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    i'm watching young wallander. i don't like it, i don't get why they speak in english and why is it set in 2020. i thought it was going to be an origins story and i'm disappointed.
    they could have made the same show with the same storyline without the name wallander on it.
    also, it's very predictable.
    yeah, i wasn't impressed. in fact i think i already forgot the entire storyline
    it's one of those 'on in the background' shows you half watch while doing other stuff around the house.

i'm liking young morse aka 'endeavour' a lot more. it's definitely an origins story and is set in 1960s oxford.
    palta likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If you're looking for a show to take your mind off the shitfest that is 2020, it's Junior MasterChef Australia. I usually hate competitions full of precocious brats, but these kids are adorable and incredibly talented, and the judges are genuinely blown away by the things they create. It's feel-good piled on top of more delicious feel-good with a feel-good coulis.

Don't know if it's available online but do whatever you can to watch it.
    Novice, Sarzy and Heidi Ho 2.0 like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

My "mindless" pleasure is White Collar with Matt Bomer Tim Delay & Tiffani Theissen
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whit...ar_(TV_series)
    BITTER, Daphodil, Beeyotch and 1 others like this.

Was loving Grace & Frankie until the ridiculous storyline with RuPaul and Nichole Richie. It's ruined for me now.

And Ozark isn't coming back - sad face. The dish is that Jason Bateman didn't want to do it anymore. No wonder I saw Julie Warner doing that ridiculous commercial on YouTube - I'm guessing she needs the cash.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Watching Wanted on Netflix...(Rebecca Gibney) love her she recently was in a show called Hallifax:Retribution. 10 out Of 10. ( check it out)
    anyway back to wanted, there is now three seasons on Netflix, highly recommend..good old fashion Aussie Drama.

Just watched Mystery Road (an Aussie series - one season). I really enjoyed it. It's on Amazon Prime and was perfect to have on while sewing. Because yes, I'm now a sewer. Damn English pronunciations.
    Heidi Ho 2.0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    My "mindless" pleasure is White Collar with Matt Bomer Tim Delay & Tiffani Theissen
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whit...ar_(TV_series)
    Oh yeah, Matt Bomer still melts my butter. *sigh* He's so pretty I never get tired of looking at him.

It used to be on Netflix or Prime but they took it off a few years ago. I was sad, they took my eyecandy away!
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Oh yeah, Matt Bomer still melts my butter. *sigh* He's so pretty I never get tired of looking at him.

It used to be on Netflix or Prime but they took it off a few years ago. I was sad, they took my eyecandy away!
    Get a VPN that thinks you're in the UK - our Netflix has all 6 series.
    Beeyotch likes this.

beeyotch, it's on hulu if you have it and if you don't you could do a free trial.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Thread Information