Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

Elite Member

I watched Project Power. I enjoyed it.
    I like action movies (no plot necessary). This was better than many.

We started watching Lovecraft Country. I'm liking this one too.

We also started The Boys season 2. I forgot how gory it was.

czb

laurel canyon. really liked it.

I started watching Lovecraft Country but the scene where ***SPOILER ALERT** the blonde chick helps a cow give birth to one of those glutenous monster babies** kind of lost it for me. I might pick it up again later, because I love the look and feel of it, and the acting is great.

I had completely overlooked Normal People but I binged on it over the weekend and I loved it, although some of it was uncomfortable to watch. I've started on Search Party and its great, but the lead character is such a doormat that it's frustrating.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I binged all 4 episodes available of Lovecraft Country yesterday. I like how each episode feels a little different and it's more of an anthology show with the same characters throughout. From what I saw, the second episode was where a lot of people stepped off, and I can see why, but I think it's worth coming back to as long as you have a stomach for gore.
    Waterslide likes this.

I'm all ready for S4 of The Crown. I'm seeing it starts in November!

Everyone's all ready for Princess Diana. I'm ready for Margaret Thatcher.
    Sarzy and palta like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^me too!

Just wrapping up the first episode of Frankie & Grace...this was hysterical!!! "I've got have the beach in my VAGINA!!".
    Novice likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I just watched The Social Dilemma. Kinda terrifying to see the impact this could have on our lives.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Just binged on Godless. I completely overlooked this but it's fantastic, it's got a bit of a Deadwood vibe (although everyone doesn't walk around talking like they're in an R-rated Shakespeare play) but the acting is great and it's only 7 episodes so it wasn't a huge investment of time.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I'm all ready for S4 of The Crown. I'm seeing it starts in November!

Everyone's all ready for Princess Diana. I'm ready for Margaret Thatcher.

I can't wait for Gillian Anderson's Iron Lady. She's amazing. Was laughing when a very leftist friend who's also a lesbian is all torn up cause she loathes Thatcher but Dana Scully was her first crush. She says she should avoid the show or she'll end up with a crush on Thatcher and shipping her with the Queen of England 😂

I'm watching of course. Also really looking forward to more of The Boys on Amazon. Second season is epic so far. I didn't think Homelander could get any creepier and he did!!

i've been watching a bunch of australian shows lately.
    first i watched the 2 seasons of secret city, and now i'm on the second season of the code. both are pretty good mytery/thriller type shows and a nice break from my usual american and british shows.
    fgg and BITTER like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Obsessing over Grace & Frankie, which I love, and Bloom, a limited series from Australia. It stars my favorite current actor Ryan Corr and Bryan Brown. It’s about a flood that destroys a small town in Victoria, killing several people. After the flood, a strange new plant appears, its fruit makes people reverse the aging process. Corr is just so talented. I have been catching some of his film and TV work. You have to watch this...so trippy.
    https://www.pedestrian.tv/film-tv/bl...t-images-stan/
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Binge-watching Ratched on Netflix!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I just rewatched the Starz series The White Queen - I remember having tried to watch it years ago and abandoning after a couple of episodes and once more I had to struggle to go through the first two episodes but I had an entire week end of drawing on my couch so I pushed through
    Overall not bad, definitely worth it if you're into historical drama and the war of the roses.
    As often with historical productions, costumes and settings vary from okay-ish to godawful (you can see several zippers on clothes XD) but at least the events stay close enough to historical truth ... for the most part.

I really really hated the witchcraft thingy, the York women conjuring up rain and fog and tempests whenever they stood by a window with a candle really was a ridiculous plot device that didn't fit that rather realistic take on history. Some characters are very caricatural and kinda made me roll my eyes everytime they appeared on screen, and the dialogues are .. vere melodramatic at times.

Basically I'd say that what I liked most was the portrayal of Richard III. He was definitely one of the most sympathetic characters throughout, which made his death quite heartbreaking especially since the series never lets us root for Henry Tudor.

I'd really really pay good money (which i dont have XD) to know what really happened to the Princes in the Tower.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

^There's a sequel called The White Princess which follows Elizabeth of York (the one who was in love with her uncle Richard) and Henry Tudor. Then there's the Spanish Princess which is Catherine of Aragon (the second season starts next month). They're all based on the same book series.

Thread Information