Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree523Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

I watched Hamilton and of course I cried. I'm a total theater geek, so that one is for me. We were supposed to see it this summer, but COVID had other plans.

Also, I watched Mucho Mucho Amor on Netflix. The doc on Walter Mercado. I loved it. I always loved him
    Fly_On_TheWall2 likes this.

So should I try to get Disney+ for Hamilton? Right now I'm at the point where I feel like I have ten subscription services and still can't find exactly what I want to watch when I want to watch it and my brain is so shot at the end of the day that I can't focus on more than ten minutes of anything and I have little to no interest in Disney movies or TV shows. However, I've wanted to see Hamilton since pretty much the beginning, so maybe I should get it for a month or whatever.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Anybody watching Dark on Netflix?
    I loved seasons 1 and 2, I’m currently watching the last one and I’m conflicted, I’m not sure I like the direction they took.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I tried to watch the Epstein documentary but only lasted 20 minutes. Watching the original Last Airbender now, not the shitty whitewashed live action .
    Last edited by greysfang; July 10th, 2020 at 09:10 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    I loved seasons 1 and 2, I’m currently watching the last one and I’m conflicted, I’m not sure I like the direction they took.
    I watched the first season and then got distracted and forgot to watch the second season when it was released so I'm probably going to rewatch the first season and then watch the rest because this show is way to complicated to just jump into again.

I'll check it out - I think that I'm gonna be in isolation next week as well....

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I tried to watch the Epstein documentary but only lasted 20 minutes. Watching the original Last Airbender now, it the shitty whitewashed live action .
    Same thing happened to me, sort of. I watched the first episode last month sometime when it first came out, and it was so hard to finish, those victim accounts are just heartbreaking.

So I tried again when I read Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested. And the other episodes are still sick as far as his deviance but they show how he came to have so much power. Basically a skilled liar and manipulator right from the start. I didn't know this fucker never even got a college degree, he dropped out after 2 yrs. The other episodes focused on the victims' narratives and their day in court where the judge let them say their statements in court even after Epstein died. Virginia Giuffre is amazing, and brave, as are all the other victims. I really felt for them.

Now I'm hoping Maxwell names names and gets jail time too.
    KrisNine likes this.

i've re-watched the killing, and cried at the end again. i love holder.

i'm watching fallet, a nordic crime mystery show and i like it a lot. it has a lot of silly comedy bits and i like the characters, location, and the plot is entertaining.
    the episodes are 30 minutes long.
    Last edited by palta; July 11th, 2020 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I watched the first season and then got distracted and forgot to watch the second season when it was released so I'm probably going to rewatch the first season and then watch the rest because this show is way to complicated to just jump into again.
    I also rewatched the first season, I had somewhat abandoned the 2nd one, got back into it with my partner and we were actually super excited for the 3rd season, everybody's saying it's the best show on Netflix but I'm like ... yeah, I don't really like where it's going
    It's a shame because I thought seasons 1 and 2 were spectacular

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I'll check it out - I think that I'm gonna be in isolation next week as well....
    I advise you to pay extra attention to people's faces, it can be super confusing if you forget who's who XD
    Novice likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    i've re-watched the killing, and cried at the end again. i love holder.

That's a good idea.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I also rewatched the first season, I had somewhat abandoned the 2nd one, got back into it with my partner and we were actually super excited for the 3rd season, everybody's saying it's the best show on Netflix but I'm like ... yeah, I don't really like where it's going
    It's a shame because I thought seasons 1 and 2 were spectacular

I advise you to pay extra attention to people's faces, it can be super confusing if you forget who's who XD

Thanks. Looks like I'll have plenty of time if I do forget or get them messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That's a good idea.
    first two seasons could have been only one, though.
    greysfang likes this.

I watched some clips from The Killing recently and I was feeling myself pulled back in.

Palta, I cried at the end of The Killing, too. That was such a happy, satisfying ending. I'm usually not a huge "shipper", especially on crime shows, but I love Holden and Linden.
    palta and KrisNine like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^i only love Holder, Sarah's attitude pisses me off to be honest.i get where she is coming from, but she had people around that cared about her and she just kept pushing everyone out. maybe it is because i have been alone for a long long time, with no support system at all.
    anyway i am glad she found her home in the end.

having watched the whole thing in a few weekends, i must say there is a big contrast between seasons 1-2 and 3-4 seasons. but it is worth rewatching imo.

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    ^i only love Holder, Sarah's attitude pisses me off to be honest.i get where she is coming from, but she had people around that cared about her and she just kept pushing everyone out. maybe it is because i have been alone for a long long time, with no support system at all.
    anyway i am glad she found her home in the end.

having watched the whole thing in a few weekends, i must say there is a big contrast between seasons 1-2 and 3-4 seasons. but it is worth rewatching imo.
    Sorry, I should have been more specific - I love Linden and Holder as a couple. I do like Linden, but I really can't wait for the day when they introduce a strong female detective character that isn't dour all the time or doesn't feel the need to do exactly what they're not supposed to do just so the audience knows they're tough and have a mind of their own. I mean, I guess Olivia from SVU is probably an example of one of the more believable female detectives on TV in the sense that she isn't always portrayed as moody and stubborn for no reason. And yes, it's fascinating to a deep dive into a character's dark places, but it is frustrating how much Linden isolates herself to her own detriment and to the point of being miserable and unlikable.
    palta likes this.

Thread Information