Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 461
Like Tree428Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

  1. #301
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    46,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I watched Pale Horse, an Agatha Christie 2-part thing. I enjoyed it, had a little witch action-twist which I thought was unusual for Agatha Christie?

    I don't know but it was set in the 1960's England which also made it interesting for the costuming.
    I'm a bit of an Agatha Christie fan and they were so off on the story.
    Mark Westerbrook didn't kill his first wife, she dies in a rta in Italy with another man. He saw Tommy Tuckerton having a fight outside a coffee bar & her hair came out in handfuls.
    The "sleuthing" was done by Mark Westerbrook & another woman (not the "statuesque brunette" but Ginger)
    Anyway I see esquire bet me to it.
    https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...k-differences/

    I did like Rufus Sewell in it though.
    If you like podcasts BBC Sounds have a fully dramatic version of the Pale Horse at the moment,
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007jwwc




    Speaking of podcasts Wondery did "Joe Exotic" before the Tiger King was released on Netflix. Crazy.



    Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Watching the Valhalla Murders on Netflix. Only 3 episodes in but so far I love it. Icelandic sounds pretty cool, similar enough to Norwegian that I pick up some of it but other times it just sounds way too weird and unlike anything.
    Thanks Yanna I'll look out for that, I have to sit with my leg elevated at the moment so now is my chance to catch up on TV.

  2. #302
    Elite Member Tiny Pixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    5,111

    Default

    If you like the sound of Icelandic, "trapped" was also a pretty cool series (2 seasons so far)
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th


  3. #303
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    57,535

    Default

    i started 'pale horse' but i got bored. not so bored i'll never go back to it, but bored enough i'll probably plug away at it half an episode at a time when i don't know what else to watch.
    it's weird too because it has all the elements of a good series - an agatha christie mystery, great actors (including rufus sewell), great costume and set design, etc. but for some reason it just didn't reel me in.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  4. #304
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,217

    Default

    Did someone say Rufus Sewell? I could just watch him with the sound off.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  5. #305
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,507

    Default

    Just read on CNN that HBO has made their channel free because of covid-19.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

  6. #306
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    23,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Just read on CNN that HBO has made their channel free because of covid-19.
    I just tried it on my comcast and the first 4 HBO’s that I tried weren’t free.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  7. #307
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,507

    Default

    Hmmm. Maybe it was meant to be in a day or two.

    Starts tomorrow .... https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/enter...ing/index.html
    "Please, I can't breathe."

    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

  8. #308
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,366

    Default

    Netflix's Tiger King star Joe Exotic hospitalised after contracting coronavirus in prison



    https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/netflixs-tiger-king-star-joe-21803242.amp


  9. #309
    Elite Member dolem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,880

    Default

    no, not Joe!

  10. #310
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Netflix's Tiger King star Joe Exotic hospitalised after contracting coronavirus in prison



    https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/netflixs-tiger-king-star-joe-21803242.amp

    Season 2!
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  11. #311
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    30,588

    Default

    Man, I only watched bc my husband watched the first episode and I just couldn't with that shit. They're all fucking trashy, criminal LOSERS whose particular mindfuck involves abusing innocent tigers. Those poor beasts. Including that Carole Baskin bitch.

    I grew up around this kind of trash, minus the tigers. They are a boil on the butt of humanity, just ignorance personified with flair. I deeply resent that they were given a platform to be celebrities, even if it's just reality tv-level fame. Those kind of people don't know or care about the difference. It's just Honey Boo-Boo levels of fuckery and it's wrong in so many ways.
    SHELLEE and palta like this.

  12. #312
    Silver Member albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Hmmm. Maybe it was meant to be in a day or two.

    Starts tomorrow .... https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/enter...ing/index.html
    They're not making everything free. They are going to allow access to some content without a subscription. A list of the content that will be available is at https://pressroom.warnermediagroup.c...ee-programming
    Nevan likes this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

  13. #313
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    13,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Man, I only watched bc my husband watched the first episode and I just couldn't with that shit. They're all fucking trashy, criminal LOSERS whose particular mindfuck involves abusing innocent tigers. Those poor beasts. Including that Carole Baskin bitch.

    I grew up around this kind of trash, minus the tigers. They are a boil on the butt of humanity, just ignorance personified with flair. I deeply resent that they were given a platform to be celebrities, even if it's just reality tv-level fame. Those kind of people don't know or care about the difference. It's just Honey Boo-Boo levels of fuckery and it's wrong in so many ways.
    I'm getting sick of people telling me I need to see this. I absolutely refuse to watch anything with exotic animals being kept in private zoos, and the short trailer I saw looked so staged and ridiculous even without the miserable tigers. I'm happy to remain oblivious while everyone else in the entire world is talking about it.
    Sarzy, Nevan, Beeyotch and 3 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  14. #314
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,507

    Default

    We used to have a crazy cat lady near Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ. One of her tigers escaped but she blamed it on the nearby Great Adventure (they have a safari that included Bengal tigers). Great Adventure did multiple counts and I think even officials went in and counted too ... none of theirs were missing. Everyone was ordered inside while they hunted the tiger. Here's a link for the whole story:

    https://weirdnj.com/weird-news/tiger-lady-of-jackson/
    "Please, I can't breathe."

    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

  15. #315
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    46,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Did someone say Rufus Sewell? I could just watch him with the sound off.
    Lolz!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I'm getting sick of people telling me I need to see this. I absolutely refuse to watch anything with exotic animals being kept in private zoos, and the short trailer I saw looked so staged and ridiculous even without the miserable tigers. I'm happy to remain oblivious while everyone else in the entire world is talking about it.
    Yep - same on a number of levels.


    I'm working through the outsiders.
    I tried to find the Valhalla,murders (Yanna) but it doesn't seem to be on my Netflix???

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch
    By greysfang in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 1519
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2019, 12:20 PM
  2. The old fashioned kind of home schooling
    By Chalet in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 16th, 2014, 12:16 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 27th, 2013, 04:54 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: April 19th, 2008, 03:26 AM
  5. Melania Trump wants an old fashioned delivery
    By mia981 in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: December 24th, 2005, 05:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •