Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree429Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

I think Carole's second husband is living it up in Costa Rica, although I'll admit it doesn't look good for her.

And I did wonder how Joe Exotic sang so well, so the Milli Vanilli-type story makes a lot of sense.

I finished the second season of Altered Carbon last night. I dunno, just like the first season, it's not bad, but I wasn't really into it. Poe is still my favorite character. With all the sleeving and resleeving I just don't know what's the point of anything anymore. They're on a campaign to stop resleeving and living forever, but when one of them dies they try to save the stack. Nice. But if there's a third season, and it looks like they were setting one up, I will watch. There's also some sort of movie, possibly animated, that popped up on Netflix, so I guess I'll check that out.
    wife: Why is your back all scratched up?
    [flashback to me chasing a raccoon after she told me to leave it alone]
    me: I'm having an affair (by @iwearaonesie
    on Twitter)

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I just finished Tiger King. Batshit crazy but he was framed and that saccharine bitch Baskin killed her husband.
    I remember when her husband went missing years ago and I told DH and my mom that she killed him and fed him to the cats.
    There was an old McMillan and Wife episode where the murderous spouse did the same thing

Re-watching All Saints and Packed to the Rafters...love Australian TV...any GR Down Under posters got any suggestions?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

^There's one called A Place To Call Home which is set in the Southern Highlands after WWII - it's very soapy but nice to look at.
    BITTER likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I gave in to peer pressure and finished Tiger King. Where to begin. That Doc Antle guy scared me as much or more than Joe Exotic. And I'm going to say something perhaps unpopular, but Joe's "music" was a hell of a lot better than the caterwauling done by that scary woman for Carole Baskin's site. My cat was sitting next to me during the whole thing and when she started singing he got up and left when that started. And I agree Carole is super hinky. Why does she have so many "volunteers" that she doesn't pay? Wouldn't it make more sense to have 20 educated and trained people? I mean, other than you'd have to pay them.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    ^There's one called A Place To Call Home which is set in the Southern Highlands after WWII - it's very soapy but nice to look at.
    I think I saw that title in my Hulu feed. Thanks faithanne.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

We watched In the Tall Grass on Netflix. Meh, okay but nothing special. I don’t think I’d recommend just because the people are literally trapped in tall grass and can’t escape and that’s pretty much the whole movie.
    Waterslide likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post

I finished the second season of Altered Carbon last night. I dunno, just like the first season, it's not bad, but I wasn't really into it. Poe is still my favorite character. With all the sleeving and resleeving I just don't know what's the point of anything anymore. They're on a campaign to stop resleeving and living forever, but when one of them dies they try to save the stack. Nice. But if there's a third season, and it looks like they were setting one up, I will watch. There's also some sort of movie, possibly animated, that popped up on Netflix, so I guess I'll check that out.
    I think it's my third time trying to make it through the 1st episode.
    I really enjoyed the 1st season, though now that I've read the book I think they should have stuck to the book's storyline better, but anyways, I just can't seem to be able to get into a new season, don't know why.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I'm re-watching Hannibal.
    greysfang and Waterslide like this.

I'm rewatching Ozark from the beginning because the third season just dropped on Netflix a few days ago.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

We finished Tiger King 2 nights ago. I mean, what else is there to say other than "WTF" for every damn episode.

And, why are there so many tigers in captivity, privately held in the US. Isn't that just weird? Joe Exotic was crazy but I just had to wonder about his childhood. It's very sad that Travis died. Apparently his ex, John, replaced all of his teeth - it's a huge improvement https://people.com/style/tiger-king-...lay-new-teeth/

Carole Baskin definitely killed her husband and fed him to the tigers. How suspicious that she went out at 3am and conveniently ran into her Sheriff brother. I did kind of love that she started all her videos with "Hey all you crazy cats and kittens...." I mean, that's the best, ever.

Doc Antle is creepy as fuck with his weird harem of women. I found the one interview with his former staff member really interesting and I wish that the documentary had focused more on his shady activities as well.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    I'm re-watching Hannibal.
    Yay! Love that show.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    We watched In the Tall Grass on Netflix. Meh, okay but nothing special. I don’t think I’d recommend just because the people are literally trapped in tall grass and can’t escape and that’s pretty much the whole movie.
    I watched a bit of that and it wasn't as excited about it as other people were. Definitely nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    We finished Tiger King 2 nights ago. I mean, what else is there to say other than "WTF" for every damn episode.

And, why are there so many tigers in captivity, privately held in the US. Isn't that just weird? Joe Exotic was crazy but I just had to wonder about his childhood. It's very sad that Travis died. Apparently his ex, John, replaced all of his teeth - it's a huge improvement https://people.com/style/tiger-king-...lay-new-teeth/

Carole Baskin definitely killed her husband and fed him to the tigers. How suspicious that she went out at 3am and conveniently ran into her Sheriff brother. I did kind of love that she started all her videos with "Hey all you crazy cats and kittens...." I mean, that's the best, ever.

Doc Antle is creepy as fuck with his weird harem of women. I found the one interview with his former staff member really interesting and I wish that the documentary had focused more on his shady activities as well.
    Doc Antle could use several documentaries...one for his cult, another for the animal abuse, one on his crazy eyes, and one on his bizarre and incorrect use of big words which made me think he really is a sociopath.

John seemed like a nice enough person who should never have found meth. Joe is actually the least freaky to me out of him, Carole, and Doc. I mean, he was crazy and needed to be in jail but he probably wouldn't have been like this with a better upbringing or tons of therapy.

Actually, that guy from Illinois scared the hell out of me, too.

I must have fallen asleep (I'm old) because I didn't even remember the part where Travis dies. That really is so sad.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Watching the Valhalla Murders on Netflix. Only 3 episodes in but so far I love it. Icelandic sounds pretty cool, similar enough to Norwegian that I pick up some of it but other times it just sounds way too weird and unlike anything.
    Waterslide and palta like this.

Netflix keeps suggesting that to me since I love nothing more than gloomy detective series. I’ll have to give it a try
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I gave in to peer pressure and finished Tiger King. Where to begin. That Doc Antle guy scared me as much or more than Joe Exotic. And I'm going to say something perhaps unpopular, but Joe's "music" was a hell of a lot better than the caterwauling done by that scary woman for Carole Baskin's site. My cat was sitting next to me during the whole thing and when she started singing he got up and left when that started. And I agree Carole is super hinky. Why does she have so many "volunteers" that she doesn't pay? Wouldn't it make more sense to have 20 educated and trained people? I mean, other than you'd have to pay them.
    I thought I saw that he didn't really sing the songs. One of his employees did, and Joe took credit. He said, "I didn't think I was going to get Milli Vanilli-ed."
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Thread Information