Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree621Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

I'm binging "The Politician." It's not bad, although Jessica Lange is scary looking. Wow. Gwyneth Paltrow is surprisingly good.
    sputnik likes this.

Ugh, please don't say that [About GP]. I need to keep my hate for her alive. Although I'll admit only here that I loved her in View From the Top. That feels like something I'd never admit in public and should probably take to my grave.

Her performance is very subdued as her character struggles with the life she has vs the life she desperately wants. Martina Navratilova makes for an interesting guest star....
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I've been bingeing on "New Girl". I watched it once the first time around and couldn't get into her kooky schtick, but now I love it and think she's adorable and the show is hilarious.
    I love that show. I started watching it when I was on medical leave. Max Greenfield as Schmidt is my favorite.
    faithanne and Daphodil like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Just wanted to briefly mention that somehow this weekend I managed to stumble across a series that I never heard of before and was never mentioned here (at least, I checked). It's called "Jamestown". Apparently, it's produced by the "Downton Abbey" people. It's about the original colony and the jockeying for position for power, land, and not getting shot full of arrows by surrounding tribes. It stars a cast of people I have never heard of before in my entire life except one person Jason Flemyng (who was Azazel in "Xmen - 1st Class").

The show's okay.
    Waterslide likes this.

I've just re watched the 5 seasons of Six Feet Under with my boyfriend who had never seen the series.
    To this day, the finale is still by far the best I've seen so far. Fulfilling, beautiful, sad, it perfectly summarises and wraps up the show. We both cried like babies for at least the 5 last minutes.

* Sia's song OMG *
    * Tears tears tears so much tears *
    Sylkyn and Sarzy like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    I've just re watched the 5 seasons of Six Feet Under with my boyfriend who had never seen the series.
    To this day, the finale is still by far the best I've seen so far. Fulfilling, beautiful, sad, it perfectly summarises and wraps up the show. We both cried like babies for at least the 5 last minutes.

* Sia's song OMG *
    Ahh yes, my favourite finale ever! Soo damn sad but beautifully done.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

I love that show so much
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I've been trying* to watch Bitten, which is based on the Women of the Otherworld books by Kelley Armstrong. Its a bit flat compared to the books and the actress playing Elena is a little wispy compared to how I'd imagined her but its watchable.

*trying meaning when I can wrestle the remote from his death grip.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Do you like the book series? I might get them on kindle if they're good.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Do you like the book series? I might get them on kindle if they're good.
    They are easy reads and the various character's stories all link up even though each book can be read as a standalone. The TV series is based around the werewolf pack and Elena, the only known female to survive being bitten, but the other books cover witches, necromancers, half-demons etc.

They are more like paranormal mysteries/light thrillers than romances so they are pretty light on unadulterated filth but with some authors trying to be Fifty Shades of Fangs it can be a welcome change.
    Daphodil likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Jeanine Frost wrote excellent sex but youíre correct that most authors donít. I actually think the Broken Destiny trilogy sex was even better that Cat and Bones.
    Kittylady likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Just wanted to briefly mention that somehow this weekend I managed to stumble across a series that I never heard of before and was never mentioned here (at least, I checked). It's called "Jamestown". Apparently, it's produced by the "Downton Abbey" people. It's about the original colony and the jockeying for position for power, land, and not getting shot full of arrows by surrounding tribes. It stars a cast of people I have never heard of before in my entire life except one person Jason Flemyng (who was Azazel in "Xmen - 1st Class").

The show's okay.
    I'm pretty sure I've mentioned Jamestown before and I'm also pretty sure I was the only one watching it. I agree it was OK. I stopped watching after season 1 and thought it had been cancelled. I'm not sure how realistic it was which was kind of disappointing from PBS. Maybe if I get some free time I'll give it another go though.

I can't remember if it was this show or another one set in colonial America, but one of the girls was supposed to marry some colonist and there was a rape involved and she ended up with the guy's nice brother after they murder him (I really doubt this is a spoiler because I think it happens in episode 1-2) and I thought....yeah. I don't know about that.

Steven Waddington from Last of the Mohicans and The Tudors is in it.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post

* Sia's song OMG *
    "You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone."

That show had a profound effect on me.
    Sarzy and Tiny Pixie like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

I started Typewriter but having't finished it.

I started watching Designated Survivor.

I tried to watch that Criminal show from the UK and fell asleep. I also watched the French one the following night and it seemed more interesting but I fell asleep during that, too.

Beeyotch, don't feel bad - I still like Gwyneth in Shakespeare in Love.

And before I forget...is Carnival Row worth watching?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information