Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

I highly, highly recommend Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness on Netflix. I still have three episodes to go and this is some crazy-ass entertaining stuff.
    fgg likes this.

I watched "Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker" on Netflix about the first self-made black female millionaire. Tiffany Haddish was loudly out of place in the cast, but Octavia Spencer and Blair Underwood were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    I highly, highly recommend Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness on Netflix. I still have three episodes to go and this is some crazy-ass entertaining stuff.
    I finished that yesterday. Both me and my husband were like "WTF" all episodes through. It's a clusterfuck.
    palta and fgg like this.
    -

^I watched the trailer and decided it was not for me. Wth is wrong with people?!

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I watched "Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker" on Netflix about the first self-made black female millionaire. Tiffany Haddish was loudly out of place in the cast, but Octavia Spencer and Blair Underwood were good.

I forgot who she was, I was thinking she was an actual madam in a brothel. *disappointed*
    sputnik and ShimmeringGlow like this.

Elite Member

Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu -- first three episodes out on Hulu and then one released every Wed starting this week. Excellent show with Kerry Washington and Reese Witherspoon. Can't wait for Wednesday.

tiger king sounds amazing. i just put in on my list.
    i finished watching 'the five'. it's good and really entertaining which is exactly what i wanted, though there are some inconsistencies in the story and some loose ends they don't really tie up or address.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

dax shepard@daxshepard

If I don't get cast as Joe Exotic in the eventual biopic, Hollywood is broken.

Elite Member

Tiger King is batshit crazy. Last two episodes, not as compelling as the first few, but definitely a good watch.

I can't get into Tiger King. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm on episode 2 and I've been on episode 2 for days. I did like the part where the girl lost her arm (and I remember that happening at the time) and he walked into the visitors area and made the announcement that someone lost an arm and then he offered everyone refunds or rainchecks and not one person even reacted. It was bizarre. And then he was worried about how he'd never financially recover from that happening and I thought, gee, you could be president!
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I just finished Tiger King. Batshit crazy but he was framed and that saccharine bitch Baskin killed her husband.
    Jadestone likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I watched Pale Horse, an Agatha Christie 2-part thing. I enjoyed it, had a little witch action-twist which I thought was unusual for Agatha Christie?

I don't know but it was set in the 1960's England which also made it interesting for the costuming.
    abzeek likes this.

Did Joe Exotic really sing all those country songs?
    In addition to Exotic’s many ventures, including a 2016 presidential bid and reality TV series, the zookeeper is also a country music recording artist. Most of his songs like “I Saw a Tiger” are seemingly biographical, depicting his life as a lover of big cats and perpetuating the lifestyle of his alter ego. The most shocking song, however, is one that accuses Baskin of feeding Lewis to a tiger -- there’s even a lookalike shown in the music video slipping meat into the mouth of one.
    While Tiger King features Exotic’s music and videos, audiences never see him in the recording studio. And according to Newsweek, Baskin claims that it’s not even Exotic’s voice heard in the songs. “The documentary never does reveal that Joe Exotic only lip-synced to songs written and recorded by Vince Johnson and Danny Clinton,” she says of the two songwriters who are credited in the docuseries for “Archival Footage.”

And Baskin is not the only one refuting Exotic’s singing abilities. In an interview with Vanity Fair, reality TV producer Rick Kirkham says “he couldn’t even hold a tune.” He continues by adding that “it was a big joke within the crew and staff that it wasn’t him [singing in the videos] -- but he was damned insistent to anyone and everyone, including us and my studio crew, that that was him.”
    But the biggest nail in the coffin of Exotic’s music career is Johnson himself, who revealed to the magazine that he was hired by the zookeeper to write songs for him but “had no idea he was going to Milli Vanilli the songs.” In an email, Johnson writes that he finally discovered that Exotic was "lip-syncing and acting like the ghost of Elvis [in these music videos]. I called him up, I was hot…And he bamboozled me about his reality show—that it was coming soon and he would make everything right as rain. I just wanted the proper credit.”

https://www.etonline.com/netflixs-ti...mpression=true

Jadestone likes this.

Watched Contagion last night on Netflix Canada, never got boring. Name states the premise. Relates to current world situation.

If you see the Netflix Site Error NSES-404 use this

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    [FONT="][FONT="]Did Joe Exotic really sing all those country songs?[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT="]In addition to Exotic’s many ventures, including a 2016 presidential bid and reality TV series, the zookeeper is also a country music recording artist. Most of his songs like “I Saw a Tiger” are seemingly biographical, depicting his life as a lover of big cats and perpetuating the lifestyle of his alter ego. The most shocking song, however, is one that accuses Baskin of feeding Lewis to a tiger -- there’s even a lookalike shown in the music video slipping meat into the mouth of one. [/FONT]
    [FONT="]While Tiger King features Exotic’s music and videos, audiences never see him in the recording studio. And according to Newsweek, Baskin claims that it’s not even Exotic’s voice heard in the songs. “The documentary never does reveal that Joe Exotic only lip-synced to songs written and recorded by Vince Johnson and Danny Clinton,” she says of the two songwriters who are credited in the docuseries for “Archival Footage.”
    [/FONT]

[FONT="]And Baskin is not the only one refuting Exotic’s singing abilities. In an interview with Vanity Fair, reality TV producer Rick Kirkham says “he couldn’t even hold a tune.” He continues by adding that “it was a big joke within the crew and staff that it wasn’t him [singing in the videos] -- but he was damned insistent to anyone and everyone, including us and my studio crew, that that was him.”[/FONT]
    [FONT="]But the biggest nail in the coffin of Exotic’s music career is Johnson himself, who revealed to the magazine that he was hired by the zookeeper to write songs for him but “had no idea he was going to Milli Vanilli the songs.” In an email, Johnson writes that he finally discovered that Exotic was "lip-syncing and acting like the ghost of Elvis [in these music videos]. I called him up, I was hot…And he bamboozled me about his reality show—that it was coming soon and he would make everything right as rain. I just wanted the proper credit.”

https://www.etonline.com/netflixs-ti...mpression=true[/FONT]

Yeah Dude, I don't know if I would want to take credit for those songs.

I did watch that episode of John Oliver in real time when he did the Joe Exotic feature. I had no idea when I started Tiger King that it was the same guy!
    Jadestone and Waterslide like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Thread Information