Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

Watching FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened on Netflix. There was maybe two or three things that I don't think I've ever heard before, but that's not enough to warrant another 90 minute documentary. There have been multiple documentaries about this already. It is amazing how big of a douche and crook Billy McFarland is. After he already had been arrested and pled guilty to wire fraud, he had created a new scam (NYC VIP, which tried to sell fake tickets to things like the Met Gala, which you are not able to purchase tickets to) before he was sentenced. He's in jail for 6 years and has forfeited over $26M.
    Daphodil and Waterslide like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Yesterday I binge-watched every episode of Love is Blind on Netflix. I kind of hate myself now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    That documentary is right up my alley .. thanks for mentioning it!

About Amazon, I have many problems with them, but it's more shipping/pricing related. There used to be a time when you *knew* you were getting the best price and that if you had Prime, you would get your shit in one or two days. That's not happening anymore, for both things. I do watch some movies/TV shows there, but I don't think I've ever had your particular problem with them. And yes, they are expensive and I have a feeling that they're going to raise rates again soon. They better watch it or they'll become like cable ... cable is so expensive and they are becoming (if not already) obsolete.
    I agree. I wrote this long ass answer to this and it just deleted and i just can't finish my thought now, but I agree. But after my rant it might have been Hulu that nickel and dimed me...either way, though.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Anyone else watching Nora From Queens? Awkwafina is hilarious (I've only ever seen her in Crazy Rich Asians) and the show reminds me a bit of Broad City, which wasn't to everyone's taste but I loved those nutjobs.
    sputnik and Beeyotch like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Just watched I Am Not Okay With This and I’m unsatisfied. Seven 20-minute episodes is pure bullshit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Anyone else watching Nora From Queens? Awkwafina is hilarious (I've only ever seen her in Crazy Rich Asians) and the show reminds me a bit of Broad City, which wasn't to everyone's taste but I loved those nutjobs.
    no but now that you compared it to broad city i want to watch it. i fucking loved those nutjobs too.

Last edited by sputnik; February 27th, 2020 at 11:36 AM.
    fgg and faithanne like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Has anyone else watched The Pharmacist on Netflix? 4 episode documentary. I thought it was great!
    fgg likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

No. What’s it about?

I don’t know what to watch these days. I’ve really been enjoying this last season of project runway but that’s just once a week. Much better than last season,, though no one really stands out either.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have it in my queue, but haven't watched it yet.

It's about a small town pharmacist who was noticing trends, after his son was killed in a drug-related shooting, around prescription opiod addictions and started fighting back against the pharmaceutical companies. It looks really good.

Dispatches from Elsewhere on AMC. Sally Field is in it, which caught my attention immediately, but she's not in it too much yet.

It's about four people in Philadelphia who are drawn into this fight between a mysterious place called the Jejune Institute and a group that I think is called the Elsewhere Society. The characters are all kind of quirky and I get Twin Peaks vibes, at least with the quirkiness.
    Waterslide likes this.

My phone (google? Netflix app? the samsung magic 8-ball?) keeps suggesting The Pharmacist to me and I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a deep dive into it. I've been on a true crime kick (missing persons and unsolved cases mostly) so I'll be on that until I start getting depressed (literally) and then I switch over to inane content on YouTube. But anyway, I'll keep The Pharmacist in mind now that I've heard feedback I can trust on it.

jadestone, I have not heard of that show, but it sounds up my alley.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I’m watching the second season of Altered Carbon. It’s good but nowhere near as compelling as season one.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It rained today so I watched the entire first season of Sweetbitter. I'm enjoying it, even though I don't really like too many of the characters. I'm bummed that my boy Tom Sturridge is so terrible at doing American accents, or maybe he's great at it, I don't know what a "Cape" accent is supposed to be, but he sounds like Boston Rob doing an apprenticeship with Tony Soprano.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Is the Outsider on HBO worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Is the Outsider on HBO worth it?
    I didn't make it past the first three-ish episodes. I thought it was painstakingly slow, but I'm starting to question my attention span. Everyone else seems to love it.

Thread Information