Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Like Tree428Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    Anyone been watching the good place?
    Watched the whole season, loved it! If you aren't past the first season, do not google the show!

That said, it just ended last week and it's amazing how well the show was crafted over time. There were a lot of tears shed during that finale. I might rewatch the series if I run out of things to watch before I go back to work.
    Sassiness and palta like this.

I'm currently watching the last season, I love how this show always comes up with creative ideas, I don't want it to eeeeeeeeeeeend !
    Sassiness and palta like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I’m watching Locke and Key on Netflix. It’s draggy in spots, but I like it a lot.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I just started Killing Eve (2 episodes in) and I'm liking it so far.
    I love Killing Eve! I haven't seen the last episode of the last season because they took it off streaming quickly. I'm just waiting to find that without paying for it and for the new season. I'm kind of jonesing for a show like that...

I finished The Stranger. It reminds me of another British Netflix show that had the guy from Dexter in it. It was a way to pass the time while I've been sick this past week. Also, Richard Armitage is a very attractive man.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I’m watching Locke and Key on Netflix. It’s draggy in spots, but I like it a lot.
    Thanks, greys - that's what I came here to find out!

I have a free trial for Prime's Investigation Discover channel and watched The Children of the Snow yesterday. It's a two-part documentary about the Oakland Child Killings that took place in Michigan in the late 70s. It's so bizarre to me that this case is unsolved, but it's also bizarre to me that I'd never really heard about any of this until a few days ago. I think my local news was flooded with John Wayne Gacy and we just didn't hear about it much at the time. Oddly, he was even a suspect for a short time, but that was a stretch and it didn't pan out.

Speaking of subscriptions, does it feel like to anyone else that you used to watch shows here and there on Prime and suddenly they're just making up categories which seem to gather up similar shows, and then foist it on you as something that costs even more money? There is a lot of nickel and diming going on over there lately and I pay enough for Prime as it is. I will eventually cancel it...I just wanted to see the episode of Fatal Attraction (?) about a book I just finished reading, which was so terribly written I thought it was all made up until I googled the story.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    I'm currently watching the last season, I love how this show always comes up with creative ideas, I don't want it to eeeeeeeeeeeend !
    But the ending was perfect. I loved it.

4 seasons, 13 episodes per season. All killer, no filler. Wonderful story telling. So funny.
    palta likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I have a free trial for Prime's Investigation Discover channel and watched The Children of the Snow yesterday. It's a two-part documentary about the Oakland Child Killings that took place in Michigan in the late 70s. It's so bizarre to me that this case is unsolved, but it's also bizarre to me that I'd never really heard about any of this until a few days ago. I think my local news was flooded with John Wayne Gacy and we just didn't hear about it much at the time. Oddly, he was even a suspect for a short time, but that was a stretch and it didn't pan out.

Speaking of subscriptions, does it feel like to anyone else that you used to watch shows here and there on Prime and suddenly they're just making up categories which seem to gather up similar shows, and then foist it on you as something that costs even more money? There is a lot of nickel and diming going on over there lately and I pay enough for Prime as it is. I will eventually cancel it...I just wanted to see the episode of Fatal Attraction (?) about a book I just finished reading, which was so terribly written I thought it was all made up until I googled the story.
    That documentary is right up my alley .. thanks for mentioning it!

About Amazon, I have many problems with them, but it's more shipping/pricing related. There used to be a time when you *knew* you were getting the best price and that if you had Prime, you would get your shit in one or two days. That's not happening anymore, for both things. I do watch some movies/TV shows there, but I don't think I've ever had your particular problem with them. And yes, they are expensive and I have a feeling that they're going to raise rates again soon. They better watch it or they'll become like cable ... cable is so expensive and they are becoming (if not already) obsolete.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Just finished Locke and Keys, lots of characters swallowing stupid pills to move the plot forward, but otherwise it was entertaining and a super interesting concept.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I personally have no issue with Prime. I only pay half as much for Prime as I do for Netflix (crappy Canadian Netflix which doesn't really have that great of a selection of shows and movies), and I get three times more stuff: shows and movies, music, free e-books. Even when I choose to subscribe to a channel, it's still a lot cheaper and a much better deal than Netflix.
    Waterslide likes this.

I just can't get into The Good Place. I normally love Kristen Bell but her wonky eye is so distracting, and Jameela's character is annoying. I got bored after a couple of episodes, but after you've all been raving about it, maybe I need to try again.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I just can't get into The Good Place. I normally love Kristen Bell but her wonky eye is so distracting, and Jameela's character is annoying. I got bored after a couple of episodes, but after you've all been raving about it, maybe I need to try again.
    Same, I didn't like it. I gave it a go but It just wasn't for me.

it took me about half a season to really get into it. at first i kind of found them all annoying too and then i realised that's kind of the point, and also they sort of really hit their stride after half a season.
    Daphodil likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Omg, I just finished Marcella. What a good series. It seems like a setup for a superhero origin story. So devastating, but good.

However. Anna Friel's lips/mouth was totally distracting. Lay off the fillers already.

I've been watching Derry Girls on Netflix. Very funny.

Thread Information