Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    There’s a bathtub scene coming. Just so you know :p
    So, where do I line up? Which number do I have?

Anne with an e, season 3
    omg soooo bad. Having grown up loving the books and the original miniseries, i wanted to enjoy this show. And I did really like season 1. Season 2 was pretty good too but very far removed not just from the books but also from reality for the time and place it takes place in. I don’t automatically expect adaptations to follow the book but it should remain true to the spirit of the source material. Season 3 was just ridiculously anachronistic, randomly all over the place and past the first few episodes, it’s like they’re not about telling the characters’ stories but about making some grand sweeping statement about social injustice. Which is fine but this is very ham-fisted about it and kind of blunt and preachy in a way the first couple of seasons weren’t.
    Waterslide and Fran like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I really needed something to sink my teeth into this past month, so I re-watching original Dallas. I'm enjoying it so much. The writing was great, the twists were great, you really got to know the characters inside and out like a soap opera. I'm going to watch until when Bobby returns. The show took a nose dive about Season 10 and I stopped watching. Watching it again, I used to think Pam and Bobby (best ass on night time television)! (Victoria Principal and Patrick Duffy) were a great couple, but they weren't. They were not supportive of each other and were incredibly stubborn, but they were great to look at. The last season had Barbara Eden as JR's business rival which was fun to see.
    Where are you watching Dallas? I LOVED that show!
    Nevan likes this.

I wanted to watch Anne with an E, but hadn't yet.

I finished Messiah, I guess, but it was mostly an exercise in trying to keep my eyes open. All I know is there was some hot Jesus-looking Muslim guy and a forlorn and mopey Michelle Monaghan and an Israeli police dude and Christian people and for some reason Beau Bridges, because why not?
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Finished season 2 of You and I think I like it better than the first. I wasn’t expecting as much with a lot of the suspense being gone but Love is so much more interesting than Beck.
    dilligaf likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Started watching The Witcher and it’s not making a whole lot of sense. Is there a book or comic or something to get the backstory from?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This isn't about Hulu, etc., but Sanditon is going to be on PBS tonight. It's Jane Austen's unfinished novel. I'm curious to see it. I think it already aired in the UK?

I've heard a lot of conflicting reports about The Witcher...I don't know.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I finished Messiah, I guess, but it was mostly an exercise in trying to keep my eyes open. All I know is there was some hot Jesus-looking Muslim guy and a forlorn and mopey Michelle Monaghan and an Israeli police dude and Christian people and for some reason Beau Bridges, because why not?
    I liked the first season, first, that Jesus looking Muslim dude is gorgeous as fuck.
    Then, I actually liked what this season was saying about faith, politics, symbols, in the current political climate I thought a lot was quite spot on. They were clever with the New Jesus guy also.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Started watching The Witcher and it’s not making a whole lot of sense. Is there a book or comic or something to get the backstory from?
    You just need to know it's actually 3 different timelines.
    Yen's is the most ancient, she's the oldest main character.
    Geralt and Yen's timelines will join soon enough, and all 3 timelines join in the last episode.

Otherwise there's a book series, so far the show has mainly adapted the short stories when it comes to Geralt's characters, because the main story actually starts when the season ends, so they chose to give us a look into his background which I thought was a nice idea
    greysfang likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

The Last Black Man in San Francisco on Amazon. Not my typical movie as I prefer Action/Thriller type movies, but it was good. A bit slower paced than I'm used to but I really like how they ended the movie. The way it started had me thinking it was some type of apocalypse type movie but I wasnt even close, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    This isn't about Hulu, etc., but Sanditon is going to be on PBS tonight. It's Jane Austen's unfinished novel. I'm curious to see it. I think it already aired in the UK?
    It finished here last month as well, and without giving too much away, I'm bummed that there won't be a season 2 because the ending is very unsatisfying. If a lot of Americans watch it they might pick it up again, but I don't know if I could sit through another 10 episodes just to feel as deflated as after season 1.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Where are you watching Dallas? I LOVED that show!
    I think it's on Netflix.
    aabbcc likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I think it's on Netflix.
    Can anyone with American Netflix confirm this?

^^^ Not on Netflix (US), unless I'm blind. It does look like it's on Prime though, at least the first few seasons.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I checked my Prime (Canada) and we don't have it.

I just checked, the entire series is free on prime but with ads.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information